texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,888
Posts13,954,874
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Hydrowave #13357617 11/30/19 07:26 PM
S
slayer12 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S
What's yall's opnion on them? Are they worth the money?

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Hydrowave [Re: slayer12] #13357661 11/30/19 08:44 PM
davisxx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
There will be folks that swear by them and those who feel they are a form of snake oil. I feel they are not worth any money just another fad.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: slayer12] #13357666 11/30/19 08:50 PM
A
Allen Bass Fisher Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
A
My new to me boat had one. When it stopped working I did not replace it. Never miss it.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: slayer12] #13357737 11/30/19 10:43 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Turned it on on fork, boat surrounded by baitfish, turned off they left turned on they came back.

Have seen fish come up to my tm and look at it and go back down.

Its broke on me 2 times so far. I have a new speaker here for it but cant find where I put the head unit, not that worried about it..

Re: Hydrowave [Re: slayer12] #13357995 12/01/19 03:18 AM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Has it been a month already? Wow! Time flies!!! roflmao

Pure Snake Oil in my uniformed opinion based on the monthly question. I would love to see the evidence that is claimed in real life!!!

I'll even buy and put one on my boat if someone really proves they "work" as designed!

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Hydrowave [Re: David Burton] #13358078 12/01/19 05:05 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by David Burton

Pure Snake Oil in my uniformed opinion based on the monthly question. I would love to see the evidence that is claimed in real life!!!

I'll even buy and put one on my boat if someone really proves they "work" as designed!

How do you prove it?

If they make fish come look it isnt the same as making them decide to bite.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: slayer12] #13358151 12/01/19 12:57 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Been a fad for at least 15 years. Founded by the same folks that brought you the Rat-L-Trap.

http://www.fishingworld.com/fishing...ix%E2%84%A2-sonic-fish-attraction-system

I have had one for a long time...I believe in it works more than I believe high dollar rod, reel and boat catch more fish. grin

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Hydrowave [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13358382 12/01/19 07:57 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

How do you prove it?

My thought on proof comes in the form of underwater reaction video with all else being equal. Active feeding scenarios, quiet periods, differing water temperatures and frontal conditions... as close to a lab environment as nature can provide. Not just "I see fish moving" or "my graph lights up".

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Hydrowave [Re: David Burton] #13358491 12/01/19 10:04 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

How do you prove it?

My thought on proof comes in the form of underwater reaction video with all else being equal. Active feeding scenarios, quiet periods, differing water temperatures and frontal conditions... as close to a lab environment as nature can provide. Not just "I see fish moving" or "my graph lights up".

Ic well I cant see any reason anyone would ever pay for that or invest the time in that.

Re: Hydrowave [Re: slayer12] #13358496 12/01/19 10:18 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I have one. It’s on anytime I’m fishing. I don’t know if it calls the fish to the boat, but I believe it does help to hide the random boat noises( trolling motor, sonar, radio, cussing fisherman, etc). I received mine as a gift, but I’m not sold enough to go out and spend the money out of my pocket. I was told I was “hard to buy for” and this is what my wife found for my Father’s Day gift a couple years go.

Just like 90% of T-H Marine stuff....it’s not the best made product. The screen is not waterproof. The LCD has quit working. Now I just press the power button, wait a few seconds and press it again, then “play”, then crank it up 8 notches and go.

Also, for those that don’t know...

The little speaker that you hear making slashing and plopping noises is there for your reference mostly. The “speaker box” has a tactile transducer built into it that pulsates the water in a way that the basses lateral line detects it. It is MUCH more than a waterproof speaker playing noises.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Hydrowave [Re: slayer12] #13358533 12/01/19 10:58 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
One came on my boat when I bought it. After a month of not catching a fish I took it off, sold it and went back to catching fish again. Had the same results with a Whopper Plopper only difference was nobody would buy the Whopper Ploppers.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Hydrowave [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13359468 12/02/19 09:10 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I have one. It’s on anytime I’m fishing. I don’t know if it calls the fish to the boat, but I believe it does help to hide the random boat noises( trolling motor, sonar, radio, cussing fisherman, etc). I received mine as a gift, but I’m not sold enough to go out and spend the money out of my pocket. I was told I was “hard to buy for” and this is what my wife found for my Father’s Day gift a couple years go.

Just like 90% of T-H Marine stuff....it’s not the best made product. The screen is not waterproof. The LCD has quit working. Now I just press the power button, wait a few seconds and press it again, then “play”, then crank it up 8 notches and go.

The little speaker that you hear making slashing and plopping noises is there for your reference mostly. The “speaker box” has a tactile transducer built into it that pulsates the water in a way that the basses lateral line detects it. It is MUCH more than a waterproof speaker playing noises.

interesting on the speaker.

I feel like you about it it cant hurt for masking.

I talked to th marine Id like to run a speaker on back and front of my boat but they acted like that was crazy. My thought was maybe the rear one would last longer on the jack plate.

I WISH it was just one toggle on and it remembered the last setting etc. I found myself not turning it on because its a hassle. AND I havent had the speakers last long.

on
select sound
select delay
select volume

Re: Hydrowave [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13359904 12/03/19 12:48 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I was fishing Welsh about 8 years ago the water was bathtub clear up in the grass, I could see pods of bass everywhere, they didn't care if you had a trolling motor on, if you hit a stump, if you cussed or played the radio. Only thing that spooked them was when you casted a rod at them, the rod action would spook them.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide