Forums59
Topics1,039,250
Posts13,961,545
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: Ken A.] #13353775 11/26/19 09:11 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
On the water update. So far, zero complaints. Steering is very responsive and if you barely put pressure on the pedal it moves extremely slowly. Pedal feels exactly like my fortrex did. If you press down hard, it’ll 180 instantly.

Only thing that might be a slight negative so far. When you spotlock, it’s gonna spotlock THERE! The thing will go nuts getting you back to that spot, might be a bit too sensitive. But once it settles down, you aren’t moving much.

I am using my ghost with gen2’ touch graphs, so I don’t have the fancy features to try. Sonar & my side imaging have great clarity. I’ll post a pic of my ducer setup later. It comes with a hdi, but I want side imaging.

I’m not telling you guys to buy one, because I’m not sponsored and I don’t care what you buy. But if you have one on order, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: grout-scout] #13353797 11/26/19 09:40 PM
Ken A. Online Content OP
Groovy
OP Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by grout-scout
On the water update. So far, zero complaints. Steering is very responsive and if you barely put pressure on the pedal it moves extremely slowly. Pedal feels exactly like my fortrex did. If you press down hard, it’ll 180 instantly.

Only thing that might be a slight negative so far. When you spotlock, it’s gonna spotlock THERE! The thing will go nuts getting you back to that spot, might be a bit too sensitive. But once it settles down, you aren’t moving much.

I am using my ghost with gen2’ touch graphs, so I don’t have the fancy features to try. Sonar & my side imaging have great clarity. I’ll post a pic of my ducer setup later. It comes with a hdi, but I want side imaging.

I’m not telling you guys to buy one, because I’m not sponsored and I don’t care what you buy. But if you have one on order, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

This is what I was referring to. One of my complaints with my Ultrex is how the pedal was not linear to the amount of pressure. Sound slike the Ghost may have addressed this.

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: Ken A.] #13353815 11/26/19 10:04 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Ken A.

This is what I was referring to. One of my complaints with my Ultrex is how the pedal was not linear to the amount of pressure. Sound slike the Ghost may have addressed this.

Seems to me you need to dial your foot control in a little like your go fast boats wink

Honestly, you can apply slight pressure on the Ultrex and it turns as slow and as minimal as you need it to do. But lead foots are what they are lol

Last edited by MagFluker; 11/26/19 10:06 PM.

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: MagFluker] #13353821 11/26/19 10:10 PM
Ken A. Online Content OP
Groovy
OP Online Content
Groovy
Originally Posted by MagFluker
Originally Posted by Ken A.

Seems to me you need to dial your foot control in a little like your go fast boats wink

Honestly, you can apply slight pressure on the Ultrex and it turns as slow and as minimal as you need it to do. But lead foots are what they are lol

Guilty

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: Ken A.] #13353940 11/27/19 12:28 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Ok, I found a huge drawback with my ghost. Spotlock worked awesome when the wind was blowing, then the wind stopped. The lake wasn’t glass, but it was close. The thing kept over compensating and did an awful job. Well, not awful; because it kept me in the right spot. But it kept going back & forth over & over, never would just sit still. Drove me nuts and I went back to manually holding on the brushpiles.

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: grout-scout] #13353944 11/27/19 12:33 AM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Ok, I found a huge drawback with my ghost. Spotlock worked awesome when the wind was blowing, then the wind stopped. The lake wasn’t glass, but it was close. The thing kept over compensating and did an awful job. Well, not awful; because it kept me in the right spot. But it kept going back & forth over & over, never would just sit still. Drove me nuts and I went back to manually holding on the brushpiles.

So then it will be awesome for us tomorrow in those 20 mph North winds! roflmao

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: grout-scout] #13353963 11/27/19 12:53 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

same happens with any spot lock, on ultrex we turn down the boat scale so the tm uses less power for those moves. even 21 foot boats usually run -2 boat scale on the ultrex.

maybe your new tm has that option

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: Ken A.] #13353967 11/27/19 12:57 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Bogus review since he was paid by Lowrance to do the video. Naturally he would choose the Lowrance.

Last edited by ezbassin; 11/27/19 12:57 AM.
Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: grout-scout] #13353968 11/27/19 12:57 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B

I'm a little surprised because I thought on their older models their spotlock was suppose to be pretty good. When I had the earlier version of spotlock on my MK that's when you did not want to have too much power because if you did, it would throw you from the boat . Maybe it's just a software update to fix.

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: Happykamper] #13354103 11/27/19 03:15 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Happykamper
I only have the Ultrex to go by but I have done tons of research on all the new trolling motors, I think the Ghost is going to be a winner, probably will not get it mounted for awhile, its hunting season. smile

I can bring my drill by, we will drink some shine drill some holes in that pretty new boat. Lol

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: Bobby Milam] #13354124 11/27/19 03:35 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam

I'm a little surprised because I thought on their older models their spotlock was suppose to be pretty good. When I had the earlier version of spotlock on my MK that's when you did not want to have too much power because if you did, it would throw you from the boat . Maybe it's just a software update to fix.

IF theres NO wind its going to keep moving you back and forth, spot lock is not really needed if there is NO WIND is it anyways?

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: Minner Bucket] #13354155 11/27/19 04:09 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

So then it will be awesome for us tomorrow in those 20 mph North winds! roflmao

I hope so! If not, we’ll go to “the creek”. wink

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13354157 11/27/19 04:10 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

same happens with any spot lock, on ultrex we turn down the boat scale so the tm uses less power for those moves. even 21 foot boats usually run -2 boat scale on the ultrex.

maybe your new tm has that option

thumb I hope so, the manual doesn’t mention anything; but I didn’t read it word for word either.

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: WAWI] #13354161 11/27/19 04:15 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by WAWI
I only have the Ultrex to go by but I have done tons of research on all the new trolling motors, I think the Ghost is going to be a winner, probably will not get it mounted for awhile, its hunting season. smile

I can bring my drill by, we will drink some shine drill some holes in that pretty new boat. Lol

Kamper, you might want to attach the head before drilling the bracket holes. I used my existing fortrex holes and the angle is just a bit different. The ghost head sticks out a bit more than my fortrex did.

Re: News You Can Use- Ultrex vs. Ghost! [Re: grout-scout] #13354277 11/27/19 12:57 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by WAWI

Kamper, you might want to attach the head before drilling the bracket holes. I used my existing fortrex holes and the angle is just a bit different. The ghost head sticks out a bit more than my fortrex did.

The Ghost bracket has holes to fit MK and MG, damn I cannot imagine the head hanging any further out than the MK, if it is too far out I will go with a Tennessee style mount, sure hope that is not the case on my boat. WAWI bring that damn drill over here, I need some ceiling fans mounted .

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide