Forums59
Topics1,039,164
Posts13,960,219
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Ty's Team] #13340865 11/13/19 03:28 PM
C
Capt. Bryan Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Yep pretty horrible person considering he waved another angler over onto the school of fish he was on and cut his magical crankbait off and threw it in the guys boat as he was leaving the spot. Shows how bad of character he really is.

It is all about money. Where does the money come from, the sponsors not from tournament winnings. I am sure at some point during the tournament he fished Rapala crankbaits. Did he catch all his fish on them? No. But obviously that other company doesnt sponsor .

Similar thing on fishing reports, most fishing reports tell you what they were catching fish on a month ago. If most guides told you how and what they were catching them on yesterday then you would not likely need to book a guide to go catch fish. Once the pattern or depth changes and they have a new pattern then they report what the previous pattern was.

It is no different even at the weekend tournament level. I have seen anglers catching fish in 20 feet of water on cranks worms and jigs to find out later they won xyz tournament and results say they were flipping bushes.

Even if you do find that exact same crankbait what modifications did he make to that bait to catch the fish? Did he file down the lip, change hook sizes, leave it hanging on his rear view mirror or boat deck to fade the color, tune it to run to the right or left to bounce it off of one rock that stuck up above the bottom? You could probably pull 10 new crankbaits out of the package and if 2-3 ran the exact same depth with the exact same action you would be lucky. That is where the pros differ from the average angler. They remove a bait from the package tune and modify them to their liking and have 100% confidence that lure will produce for them under certain conditions. I believe Thad Raines has done a few posts on here talking about those perfect lures. I remember reading articles from David Fritts who used to be one of the best at deep canking, he credited one of his wins on having sun faded his Poes crankbait by hanging it from his rear view mirror. I must have had a dozen crank baits on my truck dash after that. Lol. Even drove the 75 mile trip to the lake while holding a buzz bait out the window so the blade would be wallowed out and be able to reel it slower and still be able to keep it on top.

I remember when you only had to have 5 crankbait colors to catch fish: fire tiger, bone, Tennessee shad, brown crawfish and red crawfish. Now there are probably 100 crankbait colors to catch anglers on.

Last edited by Capt. Bryan; 11/13/19 03:36 PM.

Skeeter FXR 21
Yamaha
Humminbird/Garmin
Lews
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Capt. Bryan] #13340892 11/13/19 03:44 PM
T
Ty's Team Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
T
Good lord. I’m well aware that people make modifications to crankbaits and in no way believe that I can duplicate his day. Again, I don’t care if he lied or not about what crankbait he used. I just want to know what crankbait he was throwing. I currently reside up north due to my military obligations, but i still refer to this Texas website for my bass fishing fix. Fishing up north has been by far more difficult for me to catch em the way I could down south. Just looking for new cranks to throw since all the ones I have aren’t working. That is all. Not judging his character. Some of you guys need to get out of your feelings. This response was not directly at you Bryan.

Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Ty's Team] #13340935 11/13/19 04:18 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Ty's Team
Good lord. I’m well aware that people make modifications to crankbaits and in no way believe that I can duplicate his day. Again, I don’t care if he lied or not about what crankbait he used. I just want to know what crankbait he was throwing. I currently reside up north due to my military obligations, but i still refer to this Texas website for my bass fishing fix. Fishing up north has been by far more difficult for me to catch em the way I could down south. Just looking for new cranks to throw since all the ones I have aren’t working. That is all. Not judging his character. Some of you guys need to get out of your feelings. This response was not directly at you Bryan.

I think he was responding more to the guy that doesn't feel Seth was honest.

Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Brent S] #13340987 11/13/19 04:58 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Brent S
Stating it as an unnamed bait is a bit different because they are not giving credit to another lure that clearly wasn't what they were using.

It also raises the question of why aren't they using the baits that they are sponsored by? Don't believe in the companies product? In his case, why was he throwing a competitors crankbait instead of a DT series? Are DT series crankbaits junk? When it comes to lures, it's okay to use a different company than your sponsor. What about boats or motors? Why can't someone run a nitro, yet be sponsored by skeeter or someone else? Are boat manufacturers more cut and dry than lure manufacturers?

Because there are differences in how baits from different companies perform. If you read his interviews tge fish he wss targeting were almost suspended. They were relating to the rock differently than normal. He chose a bait that had some uniqueness to it that other brands don't have. I can't recall exact details but that bait fishes perfectly for fish in that situation. That is why some guys throwing other brabds were not ascsuccessful as he was. They were truly locked on the action of that bait better.

Many companies tell their sponsored guys not to lie. If you use a different bait then be honest. Also no one company makes a bait for every situation. You will see some pros with multiple hard bait sponsors etc.

He mentioned a sponsor bait and the other bait used in some of the interviews. Seth is about as salt of tge Erath as they get. He is one of the pros that regular weekend guys can point to andrelate to better than some others. At leadt in.my opinion which ain't worth much... grin

Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Mark Perry] #13340988 11/13/19 05:03 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Stating it as an unnamed bait is a bit different because they are not giving credit to another lure that clearly wasn't what they were using.

It also raises the question of why aren't they using the baits that they are sponsored by? Don't believe in the companies product? In his case, why was he throwing a competitors crankbait instead of a DT series? Are DT series crankbaits junk? When it comes to lures, it's okay to use a different company than your sponsor. What about boats or motors? Why can't someone run a nitro, yet be sponsored by skeeter or someone else? Are boat manufacturers more cut and dry than lure manufacturers?

Because there are differences in how baits from different companies perform. If you read his interviews tge fish he wzs targeting were almost suspended. They were relating to tve rock differently than normal. He chose a bit that had some uniqueness yo it that other brands don't have.

Many companies tell their sponsored guys not to lie. If you use a different bait then be honest. Also no one company makes a bait for every situation. You will see some pros with multiple hard bait sponsors etc.

He mentioned a sponsor bait and the other bait used.

I see. Thanks for the input Mark.

Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Ty's Team] #13341012 11/13/19 05:30 PM
Wes H Offline
Angler
Angler
In his interview with Rapala posted on Rapala's own website he is pretty straight forward that he did not only use his DT's. Granted, he does not advertise the actual lure he used, but its a far cry from saying he used ONLY the DT. Just because he didn't tell you his exact bait, I wouldn't qualify that as lying about it.

"But because Feider believed St. Clair’s smallies would hook themselves better if he kept his crankbait just above the bottom, he threw his DT-10 – and later a Japanese crankbait not available in U.S. retail stores – in 11 feet of water on 12-pound-test Sufix Advanced Flourocarbon."

"But on St. Clair, he kept getting beat by anglers fishing crankbaits. So this year, he rigged up DT-10s and some other crankbaits and went for the win."

Source

Last edited by Wes H; 11/13/19 05:31 PM.

fish
Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Brent S] #13341110 11/13/19 07:27 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

One boat doesn’t catch fish better than another. Cranks do. Lol.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Ty's Team] #13341217 11/13/19 09:20 PM
M
m.sherman Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
M
No body said he is a bad guy or some sorry S.O.B.
You can be a liar and still be a good person we all lie all the time.
Telling my kids Santa is real is a lie. If and i repeat if a pro does lie it is a little different in the weight it carry's with people spending thier hard earned money and my money is hard earned with that being said
it is also my responsibility to understand what I am spending my money on So I really dont care what the pro's say they where using. i have seen it more than once where they said they used one lure but it was really another I do believe that is the exception to rule they usually tell the truth cause typically it is on camera and they are smart enough not to lie cause it is so easy to get caught lying.
I believe that is what the author of this thread is trying to get so he spends his hard earned money in the wisest way possible. So i really appreciate him for starting this thread and helping the consumer on which lure they may want to buy. It was not a bash Fiedier thread far from it.

Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: m.sherman] #13341237 11/13/19 09:53 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by m.sherman
Telling my kids Santa is real is a lie. If and i repeat if a pro does lie it is a little different in the weight it carry's with people spending thier hard earned money and my money is hard earned with that being said
it is also my responsibility to understand what I am spending my money on So I really dont care what the pro's say they where using. i have seen it more than once where they said they used one lure but it was really another I do believe that is the exception to rule they usually tell the truth cause typically it is on camera and they are smart enough not to lie cause it is so easy to get caught lying.
I believe that is what the author of this thread is trying to get so he spends his hard earned money in the wisest way possible. So i really appreciate him for starting this thread and helping the consumer on which lure they may want to buy. It was not a bash Fiedier thread far from it.

The author of the thread just wanted to know what the bait he didn't name was because he was interested in them. Somebody else posting on the thread called Seth out as being less than truthful.

Last edited by SAKS; 11/13/19 10:02 PM.
Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: SAKS] #13341250 11/13/19 10:04 PM
M
m.sherman Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by SAKS

NO. The author of the thread just wanted to know what the bait he didn't name was because he was interested in them. Somebody else posting on the thread called Seth out as being less than truthful.

What That was my point the author started this tread to find out which lure Seth used cause he is interested in them so he can purchase them. Spending his money on the right lure not the rapala one then again he might buy them both who knows. If it was me i would probaly buy them both just to be safe.

Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Ty's Team] #13341292 11/13/19 10:40 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
fishermen lie??? no way... hooked

Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: senko9S] #13341338 11/13/19 11:32 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted by senko9S
fishermen lie??? no way... hooked

All bass fishermen lie except for me & you David (and I'm not so sure about you) roflmao

Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Ty's Team] #13348213 11/21/19 02:11 AM
T
Thad Rains Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Capt. Bryan,

Thanks for remembering that. II still have those articles saved back after almost 20 years If anyone wants to read them, let me know, I can post them or send a e0mail to you for then. II feel they are pretty accurate and still applicable today. Respectfully, Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: m.sherman] #13349076 11/21/19 10:37 PM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T

Whoa...……. what do you mean Santa isn't real?

Re: Crankbait Feider threw on st Clair wasn’t Dt-10 [Re: Ty's Team] #13349178 11/22/19 01:13 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Paying the bills.They pretty much all do it. DT-10 is a heck of a crank bait. I think most of them at least believe in what they rep even if they aren’t using it that day very much or maybe even not at all. A few would rep something they don’t believe in just for the money.

Probably the most of they are off is on boats. A bunch are running one they would not except for their sponsor deal. I was riding with one years ago. I said “GD that’s rough.” He said “all I can do is look at you and smile”. He a new boat deal a year later with Phoenix. I know he really likes the Phoenix.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 11/22/19 01:16 AM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide