Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Comedero in December #13339776 11/12/19 02:49 PM
1bassdaddy Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Anyone been to Comedero in December? My buddy and I will be there with Ron Speed Jr. from the 10th to the 15th...if you have any bait suggestions or other sage advice I'd appreciate hearing it.
Thank you.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13340820 11/13/19 02:49 PM
1bassdaddy Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Nobody? frown

Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13340838 11/13/19 03:07 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
been there in march and it was unbelievable...believe in 6 days,me & buddy had 57 bass over 6lbs,29 over 7lbs,15 over 8lbs and 5 over 9lbs...don't know why it wouldn't be good in December...ought to be lot of big fish up shallow spawning.....take lots of senkos and ol monster worms/lizards....

Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13341017 11/13/19 05:37 PM
1bassdaddy Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Sounds like you hammered them! I have a bunch of large Senkos and monster worms packed and ready to go but I'd really like to catch them on swimbaits. Did you and/or your buddy throw any?

Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13341118 11/13/19 07:34 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
we caught several on underspin type swimbaits...can't recall name of it...

Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13341149 11/13/19 08:00 PM
1bassdaddy Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
My feeling is that the redundancy in the fishing reports from Comedero have a lot to do with guys showing up with a bunch of the same five baits that the last five guys threw and then their reports reflect the same five baits. When I went to Salto all our guide wanted us to do was throw lizards...every day all day. When we weren't willing to go along with that program he pouted. I'm going to show up with both soft and hard swimbaits and dozens of paddletails that I intend to fish on chatterbaits, underspins, swimjigs and A rigs. I can't figure out way I have never seen one report mentioning A rigs on any Mexico lakes. As I already mentioned I'll bring along the staple Senkos, large worms and spinnerbaits but I was looking for someone to tell me they got away from some of the typical presentations.
Thank you Beartrap for your responses.

Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13341924 11/14/19 03:02 PM
RedBarn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
We're headed down the 3rd weekend in January!!! Looking forward to your report when you get back 1bassdad. Thanks!!

Ephesians 1:7
Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13341966 11/14/19 03:44 PM
P
photofishin Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Originally Posted by 1bassdaddy
My feeling is that the redundancy in the fishing reports from Comedero have a lot to do with guys showing up with a bunch of the same five baits that the last five guys threw and then their reports reflect the same five baits. When I went to Salto all our guide wanted us to do was throw lizards...every day all day. When we weren't willing to go along with that program he pouted. I'm going to show up with both soft and hard swimbaits and dozens of paddletails that I intend to fish on chatterbaits, underspins, swimjigs and A rigs. I can't figure out way I have never seen one report mentioning A rigs on any Mexico lakes. As I already mentioned I'll bring along the staple Senkos, large worms and spinnerbaits but I was looking for someone to tell me they got away from some of the typical presentations.

wait a second, so a guide, who's likely on the water EVERY DAY tells you to throw lizards to be successful and you'd rather throw something else? Sorry but when I used to guide, I'd find it hilarious that clients would hire me as a guide and then ignore my suggestions on what was working. I'd get paid either way...but to have some guy pull out a spinnerbait when I knew he'd not get bit while I'm steadily pulling in fish on a Carolina rig just made me question why he even hired me.

Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13341996 11/14/19 04:06 PM
1bassdaddy Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
photo...I think it's absolutely amazing that you think I'd pay $3000 to go to one of the best bass fisheries in the world and throw lizards for five days. On our trip to Salto we caught several quality fish up to 6.5 pounds beating the bank with lizards before we changed over to swimbaits and large crankbaits. Once we made the change we boated 17 fish over 7 pounds. Our "guide" had never even seen many/most of the baits we were throwing so it really didn't matter if he spent his entire life on that lake. When you used to guide maybe you were a one trick pony, too. Sounds to me like you weren't the only person questioning why they hired you.

Re: Comedero in December [Re: photofishin] #13342034 11/14/19 04:33 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by photofishin

wait a second, so a guide, who's likely on the water EVERY DAY tells you to throw lizards to be successful and you'd rather throw something else? Sorry but when I used to guide, I'd find it hilarious that clients would hire me as a guide and then ignore my suggestions on what was working. I'd get paid either way...but to have some guy pull out a spinnerbait when I knew he'd not get bit while I'm steadily pulling in fish on a Carolina rig just made me question why he even hired me.

years ago I heard someone say "that all Mexican guides know is where and how they caught them yesterday".... having fished Comedero,El salto and Picachos twice,I would agree with that...keep in mind the guides down there don't have the experience that comes from fishing a variety of lakes and they pretty much stick to fishing community holes on these lakes...
I would encourage anyone to bring and try different baits but be sure to have plenty of senkos and ol monster lizards and worms also...forgot to mention earlier that I caught a lot of fish last year at picachos using 5/16th shaky head and watermelon red flake zoom magnum finese worm....be sre to take plenty of worm weights and 5/0 hooks...5/16th worm weights worked well for me in all three lakes...

Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13342035 11/14/19 04:35 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Everyone of us have different feelings on the baits to use and when in Mexico I always bring along a few things to throw just for fun to see what the reaction of the fish will be. Yes, I can stick with a Lizard or Brush Hog all day every day on the lake we go to and catch over 100 per day. I still want to take that break from the old faithfuls and work a few other things. If it doesn't work, then it want take me long to get back to business. My guide better not say a thing or we will be going to the DOCK. The other thing that turns me against guides is for him to catch one big fish after the other just to show us how it is done. I have been doing this for 60 years, I know how it is done; so please sit down and let me have a shot at those fish. An example of this happened on one of our local lakes. I had a student in the boat on a guide trip. The student is up front with the guide. The guide catches three 5 lb bass in a row; when he could have let the student make those cast to the bridge pylons that were holding the fish. We went to the dock; day over.

My experience is, it all comes down to what the customer wants. Does he want numbers, which may be the Lizard bite. Does he want the 5 big Bass that day which may be on a deep diving Crank bait on Crig.. Most of all it is about how much experience that customer has with Bass fishing. The less experienced angler needs lots of help, education and guidance on the trip. The more experience one has; just take him to the fish and get out of the way. Then work with the experienced customer if it is not working out for him. He will be a much happier customer at the end of the trip.

I have a guide trip coming up Sunday on Falcon for 3 days. I have fished the lake for 35 years and it is not that I don't know where to go or what to throw when I get there. It is about finding fish quickly. The Guide has the day by day experience which over rides my 35 years of fishing the lake with an 8 hour drive to get there. We do not have to bring any equipment. My partner that is going also agrees with that and will use all the guides advice. I will be using my techniques and baits with my rods and reels. This is what makes me happy; so if I only catch half as many as my partner, it is my fault and no one else. I am not that hardheaded; so as the days progress there is no doubt that I will be making changes to keep up from the back of the boat.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13343060 11/15/19 03:11 PM
1bassdaddy Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Thank you Donald and Beartrap...that was the kind of info I was looking for and I appreciate your help. RedBarn...I'll reach out to you when we get back and hopefully I'll have some feedback that will help you.

Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13343424 11/15/19 10:07 PM
RedBarn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
RedBarn...I'll reach out to you when we get back and hopefully I'll have some feedback that will help you.

That will be VERY much appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Ephesians 1:7
Re: Comedero in December [Re: 1bassdaddy] #13343905 11/16/19 04:18 PM
1bassdaddy Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
RedBarn...just sent you a PM

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide