texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,030
TexDawg 119,792
Bigbob_FTW 95,334
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,356
Mark Perry 72,490
Derek 🐝 68,322
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,916
Posts13,955,308
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: MIA... [Re: HV Lurenut] #13352908 11/25/19 10:17 PM
G
gander Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by HV Lurenut
I moved on from bank fishing to a boat. Some others may have as well. The one disappointment I had with posting on this page was how spots that where remote had had very little pressure for decades(back to the 1970's) became painful to fish after the advent of the internet. Everybody and I mean everybody would show up after a good friendly post and a few pictures. And, worse than that, they would completely trash the place in the process. Add that to some of the bickering and attacks that come out of the faceless internet, its no wonder many post for a while and then go away. When I post now, I try to give information on depth, presentation, water temp, lure selection and type structure fished. Location on a body of water is the only thing that I am very guarded about. I enjoy fishing with others and meeting and sharing, but not to the point that it becomes detrimental to the experience or the location. Good luck and tight lines.

I agree...

Re: MIA... [Re: gander] #13354203 11/27/19 05:00 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by gander
Originally Posted by HV Lurenut
I moved on from bank fishing to a boat. Some others may have as well. The one disappointment I had with posting on this page was how spots that where remote had had very little pressure for decades(back to the 1970's) became painful to fish after the advent of the internet. Everybody and I mean everybody would show up after a good friendly post and a few pictures. And, worse than that, they would completely trash the place in the process. Add that to some of the bickering and attacks that come out of the faceless internet, its no wonder many post for a while and then go away. When I post now, I try to give information on depth, presentation, water temp, lure selection and type structure fished. Location on a body of water is the only thing that I am very guarded about. I enjoy fishing with others and meeting and sharing, but not to the point that it becomes detrimental to the experience or the location. Good luck and tight lines.

I agree...

well stated. The quickest way to getting a fishing spot taken away and having it posted is to trash it! Over the years I have seen some great public spots posted after trash was being dumped there. soap

Side Note: I love bank fishing and I have plenty of very nice places to fish any time I want to. All are posted by the land owners for the reason above. eeks

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide