texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,905
Posts13,955,064
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: John 14::6 question [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13336467 11/09/19 03:02 AM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made. Who, for us men and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end. And I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets. And I believe in one holy Christian and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

I concur as long as baptism is spiritual and not physical.

Re: John 14::6 question [Re: GODSDOZER] #13336468 11/09/19 03:04 AM
Derek 🐝 Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Online Shocked
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted by GODSDOZER
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
Originally Posted by GODSDOZER
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
GODSDOZER you seem to be a pretty smart and well versed when it comes to this. I have a question. Do you know/think if hemoglobin can live for 75 million years?

LOL Derek, I have no clue. I just read the bible and undertand that the Hemoblogin of Jesus is very sufficient. On a different note, instead of Science (hypothesis) I lean more towards the scriptures as we have them.

Good enough for me. I like very sufficient stuff. Like my Ford F150. I think I would like some of Jesus' Hemoglobin. Or at least my hemoglobin to be like his hemoglobin.

I prefere Dodge Ram Cummins smile

You must be Catholic?

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: John 14::6 question [Re: Samsonsworld] #13336469 11/09/19 03:04 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made. Who, for us men and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end. And I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father and the Son; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets. And I believe in one holy Christian and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

I concur as long as baptism is spiritual and not physical.

Can you expand on that please?

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: John 14::6 question [Re: Keystone] #13336471 11/09/19 03:07 AM
S
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
I don't believe getting dunked saves you but I do believe in the cleansing power of Christ.

Matthew 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Re: John 14::6 question [Re: Samsonsworld] #13336472 11/09/19 03:10 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
I don't believe getting dunked saves you but I do believe in the cleansing power of Christ.

Matthew 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Agree.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: John 14::6 question [Re: Keystone] #13336473 11/09/19 03:12 AM
S
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
thumb

Re: John 14::6 question [Re: Keystone] #13336508 11/09/19 04:04 AM
Alumacraft 14 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Matthew 16:28 refers to the transfiguration of Jesus coming into His Kingdom. Which Peter was witness to in 2 Peter 1:16-18. This is the completetion of what was said in Matthew 16:28.

As for rapture. I am tired and really don't feel like educating at the moment but if you want to be, then read this It is about as clear as it gets on the subject and saves me the time of typing it.

As long as you have accepted Christ into your heart and follow his teaching I could care less what a person believes as far as creation or tribulation, that will not keep you from heaven. While I believe reading and understanding the Scripture is very important. What really matters is you are saved and your relationship with Christ.

If you are saved, then that does my heart well enough. From there I would encourage those to seek out the Truth for themselves by asking God to interpret the Scripture through the Holy Spirit. Don't believe simply by hearing mine or anyone else's commentary, do your own homework and by doing so you will grow in the Lord. This I can promise you.

Goodnight y'all.

Last edited by Alumacraft 14; 11/09/19 04:31 AM.
Re: John 15:6 question [Re: Keystone] #13336518 11/09/19 04:34 AM
T
TCM3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

TRUMP 2024
Re: John 15:6 question [Re: TCM3] #13336557 11/09/19 10:10 AM
GODSDOZER Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by TCM3
But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

Written a few decades after Jesus' ascension ………………………..Think about the implications if you believe in inerrancy/inspiration ect.

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

Yall have a great day.

Re: John 15:6 question [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13336558 11/09/19 10:27 AM
GODSDOZER Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
[quote=Alumacraft 14]Matthew 16:28 refers to the transfiguration of Jesus coming into His Kingdom. Which Peter was witness to in 2 Peter 1:16-18. This is the completetion of what was said in Matthew 16:28.

As for rapture. I am tired and really don't feel like educating at the moment but if you want to be, then read this It is about as clear as it gets on the subject and saves me the time of typing it.

As long as you have accepted Christ into your heart and follow his teaching I could care less what a person believes as far as creation or tribulation, that will not keep you from heaven. While I believe reading and understanding the Scripture is very important. What really matters is you are saved and your relationship with Christ.

If you are saved, then that does my heart well enough. From there I would encourage those to seek out the Truth for themselves by asking God to interpret the Scripture through the Holy Spirit. Don't believe simply by hearing mine or anyone else's commentary, do your own homework and by doing so you will grow in the Lord. This I can promise you.

4 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[f] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

If the passage is speaking of His Transfiguration...……………………...where are the angles in any of the text of the NT that describe Jesus' transfiguration ? (there is none).

Gotta go fishing see yall later

Re: John 15:6 question [Re: Keystone] #13336750 11/09/19 03:19 PM
Alumacraft 14 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
There are no angels in Jesus's transfiguration. Matthew 16:27 is explaining what will happen in the second coming during the final judgement (see Matt 25:31-46). Verse 28 is describing his transfiguration that happens in the next Chapter. Verse 27 doesn't share the same timeline that Jesus proposed in verse 28.

Last edited by Alumacraft 14; 11/09/19 03:20 PM.
Re: John 15:6 question [Re: Keystone] #13336783 11/09/19 03:46 PM
F
Fish Chaser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
"What does God require of you, O man, other than that you love justice, do kindness and walk humbly before the Lord your God."

Re: John 15:6 question [Re: Alumacraft 14] #13337302 11/10/19 03:28 AM
GODSDOZER Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Alumacraft 14
There are no angels in Jesus's transfiguration. Matthew 16:27 is explaining what will happen in the second coming during the final judgement (see Matt 25:31-46). Verse 28 is describing his transfiguration that happens in the next Chapter. Verse 27 doesn't share the same timeline that Jesus proposed in verse 28.

21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples

According to the text, the disciples where the audience Jesus was addressing Verse 21

and is confirmed again in V "24 Then Jesus said to his disciples"

There were no others present according the text.

Jesus then makes this statement to those he was addressing (his disciples)

"28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Not all of the disciples were alive when Jesus appeared a second time (Parousia) but rest assured Jesus' words were accurate . Most of the disciples had been martyred before his return but "some" who were standing there when he spoke those words to them didn't taste before the Parousia.

Not sure why you would detach a verse and say Verse 27 and Verse 28 don't share the same timeline unless it is to protect a belief you have.

Enjoy

Re: John 15:6 question [Re: Keystone] #13337306 11/10/19 03:38 AM
GODSDOZER Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Mathew 10 ………………. should make it abundantly clear what Jesus was teaching his disciples about his Parousia (second appearing) and gives a accurate timeline of "when" it would occur.

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve
10 Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
2 These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; 3 Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4 Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.
5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
9 “Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts— 10 no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep. 11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. 12 As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Now unless the 12 apostles are still alive going through the cities of Israel...………………………….The Son of Man must have come already.

Think on these things

Good night.

Re: John 15:6 question [Re: Keystone] #13337316 11/10/19 03:51 AM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by Keystone
Jesus said no one gets to the father except thru me....so the way I understand it Jesus is saying the only way to heaven is thru him....my question What about the time before the birth of Jesus .How did people get to heaven ?

Seems to me you need to ask Jesus this question.....
noidea

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide