Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13332779 11/05/19 01:20 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
You may be the most sensitive person on here.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13332784 11/05/19 01:27 PM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
And sensitive Gig Em you clearly didn’t read any of my comments in the cow thread yesterday.... and many people refer to them as the cows & I git it from radio on the Ticket. Mike Rhyner used to do it all the time. Dude. You are a sensitive one.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Frank the Tank] #13332790 11/05/19 01:39 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
And sensitive Gig Em you clearly didn’t read any of my comments in the cow thread yesterday.... and many people refer to them as the cows & I git it from radio on the Ticket. Mike Rhyner used to do it all the time. Dude. You are a sensitive one.

Compassionate, respectful and caring too, you left those out. Actually, being sensitive is a good trait for us humans so thanks.
Go Cowboys.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13332791 11/05/19 01:40 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Sayre's Law: In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake.

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Tallgrass05] #13332792 11/05/19 01:41 PM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
Sayre's Law: In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake.

Which is why I laugh, it's grown men getting all hot and bothered about other grown men playing a game.

Team Wolfs
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: patriot07] #13332793 11/05/19 01:42 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by Allison1
Any prospective coach has to know the working conditions in Dallas. If its true that Jerry still pulls strings do you think any of the best prospects would consider Dallas when they have more freedom in other cities?

I get tired of hearing this, the coach works for Jerry, not the other way around, I will be damned if I hire a person to manage my company that I would just give him the power to do whatever he wants to do. If the job becomes open Jerry will have a lot of interested coaches, they would be nuts to not be interested given the talent on this team.

Well you're also not running an NFL team. Ask Robert Kraft how it works to hire a good coach and let him do his job?

JJ is the #1 reason this team has been so mediocre for so long. JG is a distant #2. JJ has run off two of the NFL's best head coaches due to his ego. You'd be crazy to put the blame for the last 23 years anywhere else.

I don't think Garrett is going anywhere if they win a playoff game. I find it unlikely that if they win in the first round and lose in the second that JJ would fire Jason, but you never know. If they don't win a playoff game, I think he's probably gone.

Jerry is the number 1 reason they have been so bad over 25 years, he also is the reason they were the team of the 90's, its his team and his right to do whatever he wants, and don't use Kraft, Brady, and Bellicek as an example, they are an anomaly. Jerry wants to win more than anybody, he is just going to do it his way, cannot fault him for that, I would do the exact same thing.

[Linked Image]
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: CCTX] #13332799 11/05/19 01:49 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by CCTX
Any prospective coach has to know the working conditions in Dallas. If its true that Jerry still pulls strings do you think any of the best prospects would consider Dallas when they have more freedom in other cities?

I get tired of hearing this, the coach works for Jerry, not the other way around, I will be damned if I hire a person to manage my company that I would just give him the power to do whatever he wants to do. If the job becomes open Jerry will have a lot of interested coaches, they would be nuts to not be interested given the talent on this team.

Well you're also not running an NFL team. Ask Robert Kraft how it works to hire a good coach and let him do his job?

JJ is the #1 reason this team has been so mediocre for so long. JG is a distant #2. JJ has run off two of the NFL's best head coaches due to his ego. You'd be crazy to put the blame for the last 23 years anywhere else.

I don't think Garrett is going anywhere if they win a playoff game. I find it unlikely that if they win in the first round and lose in the second that JJ would fire Jason, but you never know. If they don't win a playoff game, I think he's probably gone.

^^agree with all the above
Jerry likes winning a lot, but there are a few things he likes more
1. Money
2. Control
3. Having fun

You left out a biggie and that's his love of notoriety or in other words his face in the camera and the press talking about his team and him in the convo. Let's not forget the ill-fated demise of the relationship between him and J. Johnson where he came to Jimmah and said on draft day when we're making a pick to make it look like you (Jimmah) are conferring with me so it'll look like a joint decision. His ego is the stumbling block for team success and the reason Garrett is in there in the 1st place.

Off the top of my head I can think of 3 owners who made personnel decisions and essentially tried to run the team. Jerry, Daniel Snyder, and Al Davis. Davis who was only a managing partner had some success but mixed a lot of confusion in with his late 70's early 80's SB's. Davis died in 2011 and essentially the Raiders have been a mess since the mid 1980's ... see the parallel when the guy who runs the team thinks he's the smartest guy in the room?

All 3 of the above teams are screwed up.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Happykamper] #13332802 11/05/19 01:51 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R

Jerry is the number 1 reason they have been so bad over 25 years, he also is the reason they were the team of the 90's, its his team and his right to do whatever he wants, and don't use Kraft, Brady, and Bellicek as an example, they are an anomaly. Jerry wants to win more than anybody, he is just going to do it his way, cannot fault him for that, I would do the exact same thing.

Cowboy fans have the right to bitch about it wouldn't you agree?

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13332803 11/05/19 01:51 PM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Compassionate, respectful and caring too, you left those out. Actually, being sensitive is a good trait for us humans so thanks.
Go Cowboys.

Go Cowboys. I said that many times yesterday

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: PowerLizard] #13332806 11/05/19 01:53 PM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by PowerLizard
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
No. If they get the same, same this season they might look elsewhere.

Lincoln Riley

roflmao That is damn funny right there.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: RayBob] #13333002 11/05/19 04:45 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Sure they can bitch about it, that what most fans do. I get pissed and bitch about coaching and players etc but I would not trade Jerry the owner for anyone in the NFL.

[Linked Image]
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13333034 11/05/19 05:11 PM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Happy.... brother. We gotta have lunch.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Happykamper] #13333080 11/05/19 06:01 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P

I will say, regarding your analogy about your business - you probably got to that position because you were really good at what you do. JJ did not get to be owner of a football team because he was really good at football - he got to that position because he was really good at making money. Actions speak louder than words - if he wants to continue making money, he can keep running the show. If he wants to win more games, he would hire a football guru.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13333086 11/05/19 06:02 PM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Exactly 100% spot on & indisputable ^^^ well said Patriot

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Happykamper] #13333089 11/05/19 06:05 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Sure they can bitch about it, that what most fans do. I get pissed and bitch about coaching and players etc but I would not trade Jerry the owner for anyone in the NFL.

Jerry does go out and get the players.now he just needs a HC that make it work

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide