Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: RedRanger] #13331132 11/03/19 04:31 PM
J
joebass2 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Jerry Jones main concern is making money, and they are making a ton of money with Jason as coach or just about anyone as coach.

If the stadium wasn't selling out and if they were not selling merchandise right and left then maybe something would be done.

Seems as if being medicore works for the Cowboys.

23 years seen they sniffed a Superbowl

+1

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Allison1] #13331150 11/03/19 05:37 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Allison1
Any prospective coach has to know the working conditions in Dallas. If its true that Jerry still pulls strings do you think any of the best prospects would consider Dallas when they have more freedom in other cities?

I’ve had this opinion ever since Jerry’s ego wouldn’t let him keep the coach that got him 2 back to back Super Bowls and could have likely got to 4 in a row. We’ll never know but I sure think it would have been likely with Jimmy Johnson. I don’t think any other team has got 4 back to back. To have the player talent and coaching all come together for the Cowboys in Jimmy’s last years and see it all pissed away because of Jerry’s ego was just plain sad.
But it’s his team and he can do what he wants.

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13331175 11/03/19 06:18 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
When Jerry bought the cowboys he was young and wanted to win. He did that. Then he looked down the dinner table and saw that all the kids were now old enough to work and needed jobs to maintain what has to be an unbelievable lifestyle. Money started creeping into the discussion. Then all of a sudden the dinner table was full of grandkids. Guess what, they’re all going to need jobs to maintain their awesome lifestyle. Jerry has built a family dynasty that will live on forever. Team is most valuable sports dynasty in the world. Life is good in the Jone’s family.

Can’t say I blame him!

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Allison1] #13331199 11/03/19 07:27 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Any prospective coach has to know the working conditions in Dallas. If its true that Jerry still pulls strings do you think any of the best prospects would consider Dallas when they have more freedom in other cities?

I get tired of hearing this, the coach works for Jerry, not the other way around, I will be damned if I hire a person to manage my company that I would just give him the power to do whatever he wants to do. If the job becomes open Jerry will have a lot of interested coaches, they would be nuts to not be interested given the talent on this team.

[Linked Image]
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Allison1] #13331205 11/03/19 07:29 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I get tired of hearing this, the coach works for Jerry, not the other way around, I will be damned if I hire a person to manage my company that I would just give him the power to do whatever he wants to do. If the job becomes open Jerry will have a lot of interested coaches, they would be nuts to not be interested given the talent on this team.

[Linked Image]
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Jon] #13331208 11/03/19 07:30 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jon

I’ve had this opinion ever since Jerry’s ego wouldn’t let him keep the coach that got him 2 back to back Super Bowls and could have likely got to 4 in a row. We’ll never know but I sure think it would have been likely with Jimmy Johnson. I don’t think any other team has got 4 back to back. To have the player talent and coaching all come together for the Cowboys in Jimmy’s last years and see it all pissed away because of Jerry’s ego was just plain sad.

You may want to do a little research, Jimmy was at fault just as much as Jerry, maybe more.

[Linked Image]
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Happykamper] #13331247 11/03/19 08:22 PM
J
Jon Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by Jon

You may want to do a little research, Jimmy was at fault just as much as Jerry, maybe more.

I will do that, thanks. I haven’t gone back and looked in years. Last time I did, my takeaway was that Jimmy “said” he was ready to move on. But seemed like he was legally bound by the $$$ severance agreement he signed to not say anything bad about Jerry. I’m sure there was bound to be more to it than the reported words those 2 had to say in the bar the night after winning that second super bowl.

I will readily admit my thinking about Jerry Jones is biased by the way he chose to fire Tom Landry and his subsequent crowing like a Banty rooster about literally everything since then. But I will go back and do some current research about the Jimmy Johnson exit with an open mind. Might change my thinking on that particular part of Cowboy history. We’ll never know if they could have won 4 in a row but I sure think they could have. cheers

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13331253 11/03/19 08:48 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
Jerry bought a shiny new toy in the form of the Cowboys and managed to take a potential dynasty and turn it into an average team. The best teams are those that have silent owners who stay in the background, hire effective people, and let them do their jobs.

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Mark Perry] #13331260 11/03/19 09:00 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by HasBen
I don’t know the answer here, but most of the new dynamic college coaches out there seem to be mostly “air raid” types. How would knowing Dak has just signed a fat, long term contract in Dallas affect their decision? I don’t really look at Dak as the ideal air raid type quarterback.

Playing devil's advocate here one could argue they do not use the running ability of Dak and could do more RPO based stuff.

I think he has the green light to run all he wants...I see a young man determined to win by growing as a passer of the ball....or he's thinking about his health. I don't think coach tells him to stay in the pocket and eat the ball chief.

As for Garrett, how many on that list in front of him have a SB championship ring? 6? Reid is great right? How many does he have?

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13331269 11/03/19 09:16 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
148games 83wins 65lost

It's all relative, the Rangers would love to have that......!!!

Tuff crowd..! frkazoid

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Tallgrass05] #13331310 11/03/19 10:22 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
Jerry bought a shiny new toy in the form of the Cowboys and managed to take a potential dynasty and turn it into an average team. The best teams are those that have silent owners who stay in the background, hire effective people, and let them do their jobs.

LOL, he turned them into a dynasty.

[Linked Image]
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13331319 11/03/19 10:43 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I think if they don't do something in the playoffs this year red jay will be gone.

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: Tallgrass05] #13331324 11/03/19 10:53 PM
T
tech Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
T

your opinion about football is just about as good as your opinion on politics.....

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: tech] #13331330 11/03/19 11:08 PM
S
Smurfs Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by tech

your opinion about football is just about as good as your opinion on politics.....

roflmao

Re: Jason Garrett Contract [Re: T Bird] #13331338 11/03/19 11:27 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I would’nt be surprised if a new deal isnt done already just not offered in case of not making playoffs.

If they make the playoffs I bet Garrett stays.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide