C
Capt. Bryan Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted by DarrellSimpson
Originally Posted by hopalong
I am still new to fishing lakes that have boat lanes and I don't fish with anybody that's experienced to teach be about the boat lanes . How does a newbie know where the boat lanes are . Is there specific buoys to mark them ? I have a humming bird helix 7 with a lake master chip as well as navionics on my phone but I just can not convince myself what the different colored lines represent . If I'm fishing and a boat comes screaming by I just assume I'm sitting in a boat lane and I move .

https://www.facebook.com/boatlanes/

Thanks for the suggestion . With the helix 7 I only have one Micro SD slot ? I'm using a lake-master chip . Maybe after a new fish finder I will look into a boat-lane chip .

It's a downloadable chip so after you download it you can put lakemaster back in slot.

Last edited by Capt. Bryan; 11/01/19 02:02 AM.

Skeeter FXR 21
Yamaha
Humminbird/Garmin
Lews
Re: Boating Etiquette Question [Re: DarrellSimpson] #13329395 11/01/19 12:55 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
I am still new to fishing lakes that have boat lanes and I don't fish with anybody that's experienced to teach be about the boat lanes . How does a newbie know where the boat lanes are . Is there specific buoys to mark them ? I have a humming bird helix 7 with a lake master chip as well as navionics on my phone but I just can not convince myself what the different colored lines represent . If I'm fishing and a boat comes screaming by I just assume I'm sitting in a boat lane and I move .

Thanks for the suggestion . With the helix 7 I only have one Micro SD slot ? I'm using a lake-master chip . Maybe after a new fish finder I will look into a boat-lane chip .

you load it into the graph and then pull the card you loaded it from. mine is on bird 998. well worth the money if you are going to fish a boat lane lake. one advantage (at least on fork) is you get the guide lanes, these are not marked with bouys and come in real handy sometimes.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Boating Etiquette Question [Re: Reel Addict] #13329689 11/01/19 05:15 PM
M
MathGeek Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
When I fish near boating lanes, I accept the inevitable wakes that come my way. I try and wave and be friendly to passing boats, whether idling or on plane, but it may be that some get a look they misinterpret. No worries. If you stay out of my lines and don't hit my boat, I'm hoping you have fun and catch some fish.

�Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?" - The Messiah
Re: Boating Etiquette Question [Re: hopalong] #13329817 11/01/19 07:36 PM
D
DarrellSimpson Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Thanks . I had no idea . I'm pretty new to learning this stuff .

you load it into the graph and then pull the card you loaded it from. mine is on bird 998. well worth the money if you are going to fish a boat lane lake. one advantage (at least on fork) is you get the guide lanes, these are not marked with bouys and come in real handy sometimes.

Thank you . I had no idea . I thought it would have to be in the slot to be usable like the lakemaster .

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide