Forums59
Topics1,039,149
Posts13,960,017
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13325855 10/29/19 12:53 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Tiger has so many more fans that Jack has in his dreams!!! tiger is the most popular golfer EVER. Fact. Jack is a distant 2nd. Tiger has done more for the game than Jack, Arnie and Tom Suck Watson combined.

I didn't say fans dumb [censored].....I said beloved....Tiger is the king of T shirt fans

Tiger grew the game more than any other five superstar golfers combined, including Jack. It’s not even close. Part of that isn’t Jack’s fault; Tiger came up when TV, video games and the internet were more prevalent and advanced. Millions could watch Tiger every week and buy his Nike stuff or play him in a video game, which not only created more fans, but grew the game far beyond Jack’s wildest dreams.

Tiger’s video games alone are responsible for growing the game and creating more golf fans than Jack could’ve ever imagined. He brought untold numbers of minorities to golf who otherwise never would’ve cared, just because they could relate to the color of his skin and he had a coolness factor that no other golfer ever possessed. Not to mention, he was hitting the ball farther, closer to the pin and winning by record amounts. He totally dominated the game, revolutionized the game and benefited from TV and marketing campaigns. They had to “Tiger proof” golf courses because he was so dominate. Jack is great. Was great. He played against five guys who could challenge him, and even that's a stretch. Tiger is more beloved than Jack by leaps and bounds, despite his indiscretions. You want to argue number of majors? Fine. But don’t let the opinions of 50-80 year old white guys taint the reality that Tiger is more beloved in the US and certainly across the globe than Jack ever was or will be, Tiger’s marriage, DUI, etc be damned.

More than an entire generation of kids who never would’ve cared about golf, as well as the people who otherwise already would’ve been golf fans, consider Tiger beloved.

Go back to your film room and sit the golf conversations out.

shouldn't all those minority fans
be on tour by now
or attending events?

Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: Okie Poke] #13325861 10/29/19 12:58 PM
T
tricky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I thought golf was supposed to be about high morals and all that stuff.

Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: tricky] #13325944 10/29/19 01:45 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by tricky

Thanks for pointing that out tricky, it matters in all sports actually but some can overlook the fact that Tiger has spent a small fortune on call girls most while married to a woman of high morals. No one can argue all the career stats he accomplished in a fairly short period but when I pick my sports hero's of which there are very few, I value morals while competing apparently a lot more than some on here. No way can I overlook the morals of men like Dennis Rodman, Mike Tyson, O.J. Simpson, Rae Carruth, Lawrence Phillips to name a few. So pick your hero's as you will but don't begrudge me for bringing morals into it.

[Linked Image]

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: butch sanders] #13325950 10/29/19 01:48 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Tiger has so many more fans that Jack has in his dreams!!! tiger is the most popular golfer EVER. Fact. Jack is a distant 2nd. Tiger has done more for the game than Jack, Arnie and Tom Suck Watson combined.

I didn't say fans dumb [censored].....I said beloved....Tiger is the king of T shirt fans

Tiger grew the game more than any other five superstar golfers combined, including Jack. It’s not even close. Part of that isn’t Jack’s fault; Tiger came up when TV, video games and the internet were more prevalent and advanced. Millions could watch Tiger every week and buy his Nike stuff or play him in a video game, which not only created more fans, but grew the game far beyond Jack’s wildest dreams.

Tiger’s video games alone are responsible for growing the game and creating more golf fans than Jack could’ve ever imagined. He brought untold numbers of minorities to golf who otherwise never would’ve cared, just because they could relate to the color of his skin and he had a coolness factor that no other golfer ever possessed. Not to mention, he was hitting the ball farther, closer to the pin and winning by record amounts. He totally dominated the game, revolutionized the game and benefited from TV and marketing campaigns. They had to “Tiger proof” golf courses because he was so dominate. Jack is great. Was great. He played against five guys who could challenge him, and even that's a stretch. Tiger is more beloved than Jack by leaps and bounds, despite his indiscretions. You want to argue number of majors? Fine. But don’t let the opinions of 50-80 year old white guys taint the reality that Tiger is more beloved in the US and certainly across the globe than Jack ever was or will be, Tiger’s marriage, DUI, etc be damned.

More than an entire generation of kids who never would’ve cared about golf, as well as the people who otherwise already would’ve been golf fans, consider Tiger beloved.

Go back to your film room and sit the golf conversations out.

shouldn't all those minority fans
be on tour by now
or attending events?

I’ve watched PGA golf every weekend it’s on TV for years and I’ve lived in Fort Worth for 13 years now. I’ve only been to the Colonial three times, two of which were the last two years because Der was interested in attending and now I want to go every year. Attending a tour event does not equal fandom, though. Millions of people love Lebron James and have never seen him in person.

Your golf takes are not great, Butch.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 10/29/19 01:50 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13325964 10/29/19 01:58 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES

Thanks for pointing that out tricky, it matters in all sports actually but some can overlook the fact that Tiger has spent a small fortune on call girls most while married to a woman of high morals. No one can argue all the career stats he accomplished in a fairly short period but when I pick my sports hero's of which there are very few, I value morals while competing apparently a lot more than some on here. No way can I overlook the morals of men like Dennis Rodman, Mike Tyson, O.J. Simpson, Rae Carruth, Lawrence Phillips to name a few. So pick your hero's as you will but don't begrudge me for bringing morals into it.

[Linked Image]

Jack Nicklaus smoked pot, by his own admission. But I don’t begrudge your bringing morals into it as long as you’re consistent with those morals.

I’m also not defending Tiger’s lack of morals in his personal life. I can explain why he is the most beloved and popular golfer of all time to someone who is misinformed without defending him or his immorality, which is what I did.

Every time you bring this stuff up, you’re really arguing FOAT and not GOAT, which is great, but let’s be honest about it. That he was immoral off the course doesn’t take away from what he did on the course, which is what makes one the GOAT.

[Linked Image]
Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: tricky] #13325966 10/29/19 01:59 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

It’s about etiquette.

[Linked Image]
Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13325984 10/29/19 02:10 PM
BCBassCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

It’s about etiquette.

It's a gentlemen's sport. Tell Boo, and Daily that.

Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: Okie Poke] #13325986 10/29/19 02:11 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
wow
you've been to 3 Colonials?
that makes you an expert?

Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: butch sanders] #13325988 10/29/19 02:11 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
wow

When did I say I was an expert?

[Linked Image]
Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13325996 10/29/19 02:15 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
wow

read your post

Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: butch sanders] #13326078 10/29/19 03:17 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
wow

read your post

The one where I explained how people can watch golf on TV every weekend and never, or rarely, attend actual tournaments in person and still be fans, using myself as an example?

It has nothing to do with being an expert. I was responding to your question about where all of the minorities are at tour events.

[Linked Image]
Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: Okie Poke] #13326085 10/29/19 03:23 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
How come when someone calls Tiger the Goat. Others on here think that means he is their hero.

Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: Dubee] #13326128 10/29/19 03:52 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Dubee
How come when someone calls Tiger the Goat. Others on here think that means he is their hero.

Apparently he's duckhunter and franks hero. How can he be the goat with all the superlatives and praise and not be your hero ?

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13326132 10/29/19 03:56 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES

[Linked Image]

Jack Nicklaus smoked pot, by his own admission. But I don’t begrudge your bringing morals into it as long as you’re consistent with those morals.

I’m also not defending Tiger’s lack of morals in his personal life. I can explain why he is the most beloved and popular golfer of all time to someone who is misinformed without defending him or his immorality, which is what I did.

Every time you bring this stuff up, you’re really arguing FOAT and not GOAT, which is great, but let’s be honest about it. That he was immoral off the course doesn’t take away from what he did on the course, which is what makes one the GOAT.

OMG, you're kidding. Jack smoked pot. Was he arrested and booked ? Well there goes his morals.

Re: TIGER SHOOTS BACK-TO-BACK 64's [Re: Okie Poke] #13326135 10/29/19 03:59 PM
T
tricky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
If Tiger is truly, no comparison the GOAT, then he will win 4 more major's. Is that what all you guys are saying?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide