Page 1 of 2 1 2
YouTube channels? #13322597 10/25/19 11:26 PM
T
TexasRN55 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
Best saltwater, more specific to Galveston area, fishing channels with good teaching/information/tips, not just highlight videos? Just wanted to learn and watch a legit source and not someone throwing out false information.

Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13322820 10/26/19 03:42 AM
M
MathGeek Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M

�Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?" - The Messiah
Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13323800 10/27/19 05:59 AM
B
BankAngler81 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I like "beach bomber fishing" for galveston.

Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13325602 10/29/19 02:29 AM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by TexasRN55
Best saltwater, more specific to Galveston area, fishing channels with good teaching/information/tips, not just highlight videos? Just wanted to learn and watch a legit source and not someone throwing out false information.

What species are you looking for?

Re: YouTube channels? [Re: JackMason] #13325878 10/29/19 01:08 PM
T
TexasRN55 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
Redfish, trout and eventually shark!

Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13328493 10/31/19 02:26 PM
T
TroutSupport.com Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I haven't found any that really teach, some give a tip or two on the newby level but don't really teach fishing.

Teaching fishing is what I do, but I don't do it as a you tuber. Many say our intructional videos are the best out there even after the rise of all those after us.

What is it that you'd like to learn? Anything you're having trouble with?

110% Money Back Guarantee -Tons of Testimonials!

Speckled Trout/Redfish Instruction & DVD's - FREE Preview

Like us on Facebook
Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13329570 11/01/19 03:23 PM
S
Stanley Orchard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
My personal suggestions are Texas Fishing Force (he's out of the Houston area) and A&J Outdoors. Both good channels with a more educational approach. Not straight-up 'How-To' videos, but knowledgeable folks who show you how they do what they are doing.

I do a YouTube channel out of the Corpus Christi area myself and try to engrain myself in that community... of the 100+ channels that I interact with the vast majority are 'highlight' guys and not 'how-to' guys. That's a hard thing to find and you can thank the YouTube Search and Discovery systems for that. Hard as hell to get a video promoted unless you have a bikini or a monster fish in the thumbnail and some crazy footage.

All that having been said I do plan on filling the winter months with some 'How-To' videos and if there is anything specific you would like covered I would be happy to do what I can to get some videos specific to your issues made.

Stanley Orchard
Texas Family Fishing Vlog-eneur!
YouTube.com/stanleyorchard
Insta/Twitter: @OrchardStanley
Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13330720 11/03/19 01:08 AM
L
lostinthewoods Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Not Galveston specific but Hey Skipper and Bama Beach Bum on you tube put out some pretty good how to. I'll second Beach Bomber for local.

Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13331561 11/04/19 03:52 AM
K
karstopo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
There’s seems to be a dearth of those kinds of YouTube videos. It’s strange because there are tons of good ones I’ve watched for fixing stuff like washing machines, how to tie various flies for fishing, smoke a turkey, etc. I can’t stick with most fishing YouTube’s for long, maybe I haven’t seen the good ones. The ones I’ve seen seem to move at a glacial pace and there’s not much useful being demonstrated. Someone talking about not much in particular or driving to a boat ramp, making a cast or two, fish on the line, fish getting netted, measured, is about how they tend to go. Some might try to be artsy or whatever. No real useful takeaways, just some dude out fishing.

Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13333241 11/05/19 08:43 PM
S
Skunked Again Fishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S

There's not alot of saltwater teachers out there, except Tobin at TroutSupport, but he's already responded above. I've done a few redfish videos, but related to Garmin Livescope and finding fish. But I'm not really doing alot of teaching.

Probably has to do with the wide range of methods on catching saltwater fish (boat, Kayak, shore, live bait, artificials, shallows, deep, etc..etc....)
Good luck finding them, and let us know what you find.
Tim

One 10-pounder is better than ten 1-pounders; but 100 1-pounders is ok too!
If this kind of stuff floats your boat, be a subscriber to my youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/SkunkedAgain
Get exclusive information by following SkunkedAgain Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/SkunkedAgain
Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13334019 11/06/19 06:21 PM
S
Stanley Orchard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
It's tough. As a YouTuber you are constantly being prodded by the platform to increase watchtime, comments and clicks. I've done a couple tutorials, but they fail miserably and because of the algorithm that ends up affecting the performance of subsequent videos. I would enjoy posting tutorials as a second weekly video, but that would also affect the performance of my other content. Such content is a labor of love with little to no recognition for what you do. Kudos to the guys who do it regardless... I would suggest showing these guys some love by subscribing, liking and leaving comments on their vids. Keep those guys going.

Stanley Orchard
Texas Family Fishing Vlog-eneur!
YouTube.com/stanleyorchard
Insta/Twitter: @OrchardStanley
Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13334053 11/06/19 07:01 PM
J
Jerry713 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

If you want teaching from a legit source contact Troutsupport.com. Inshore instructional education at a high level. WELL worth it!

You get out of it what you put into it!
Re: YouTube channels? [Re: TexasRN55] #13349644 11/22/19 04:10 PM
Hail Boy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Redfish, trout and eventually shark!

Shark is EZ to target. What do you want to know?

Wooo!
Re: YouTube channels? [Re: karstopo] #13360071 12/03/19 03:52 PM
T
TroutSupport.com Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by karstopo
There’s seems to be a dearth of those kinds of YouTube videos. It’s strange because there are tons of good ones I’ve watched for fixing stuff like washing machines, how to tie various flies for fishing, smoke a turkey, etc. I can’t stick with most fishing YouTube’s for long, maybe I haven’t seen the good ones. The ones I’ve seen seem to move at a glacial pace and there’s not much useful being demonstrated. Someone talking about not much in particular or driving to a boat ramp, making a cast or two, fish on the line, fish getting netted, measured, is about how they tend to go. Some might try to be artsy or whatever. No real useful takeaways, just some dude out fishing.

LOL so true, and they're mostly catching dinks too. LOL

110% Money Back Guarantee -Tons of Testimonials!

Speckled Trout/Redfish Instruction & DVD's - FREE Preview

Like us on Facebook
Re: YouTube channels? [Re: Stanley Orchard] #13360100 12/03/19 04:15 PM
M
MathGeek Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by Stanley Orchard
It's tough. As a YouTuber you are constantly being prodded by the platform to increase watchtime, comments and clicks. I've done a couple tutorials, but they fail miserably and because of the algorithm that ends up affecting the performance of subsequent videos. I would enjoy posting tutorials as a second weekly video, but that would also affect the performance of my other content. Such content is a labor of love with little to no recognition for what you do. Kudos to the guys who do it regardless... I would suggest showing these guys some love by subscribing, liking and leaving comments on their vids. Keep those guys going.

Your channel seems to be doing well. Here's a video from a channel that does great tutorials. I asked Jim on a forum what he meant by catching winter bass "in the ditches" with spoons, and a week or so later he posted this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKTEPqIVTk

Not that every video needs this level of detail, but if I'm gonna watch a 10-20 minute video, I like to take away useful information that is 1) actionable and 2) makes me a better fisherman.

I've found that beginning video titles with "How to ..." and posting links to the relevant fishing forums can increase traffic to tutorial videos significantly. But I also try not to hide too much intentionally. I see fishing as a contest between anglers and the fish, not between the anglers.

�Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?" - The Messiah
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide