Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: Bentman63] #13318303 10/21/19 06:31 PM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by Bentman63
I figured out where to get trees for Joe Pool brush piles. Joe Pool has trees all around it. I can just bank the boat. Get out and cut a few down. Tie them to cinder blocks and go drop them. Yall think that would be illegal to cut a few down ?

I have a boat ... we could do two at a time ... lmk ... if it's not illegal.

Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13318304 10/21/19 06:33 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by BP5168
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Crappie are not easy to catch and take time to learn. I have been crappie fishing for over 10 years and still learn things each trip. Sinking your own piles is the best way to have spots to fish. I have around 5 piles i sank on JP and have yet to see someone fishing them.

Send me the coords ... laugh LOL Kidding.

They aren’t hard to find if you hav side imaging

Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13318316 10/21/19 06:55 PM
B
Bentman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I figured out where to get trees for Joe Pool brush piles. Joe Pool has trees all around it. I can just bank the boat. Get out and cut a few down. Tie them to cinder blocks and go drop them. Yall think that would be illegal to cut a few down ?

I have a boat ... we could do two at a time ... lmk ... if it's not illegal.

heck Yeah.I will try and find out

[Linked Image]
Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13318699 10/22/19 02:49 AM
E
Esnow74 Offline
Angler
Angler
E
Not Whitney but just down the road is a lake I'm a little familiar with and would take a backseat and fish with you on. I can usually find some crappie there but without electronics. I'm far from a master at crappie fishing but usually find some and can offer some help and show you some area if you know how to use those electronics.

Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13318943 10/22/19 01:29 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
New Ranger boat. Check
All the jigs and terminal tackle. Check
2 Garmin finders and a Panoptix LiveScope. Check
Minnows. Check

Went out by the dam on Granbury yesterday. Caught Sand bass, Largemouth, catfish ..... NO crappie. Went to Pat Cleburne lake today. Nothin by the dam. Btw that is a small lake and I didn’t see much brush ...
Seems I’m failing at crappie fishing. Of purse I know nothing about that lake or where to go but I found plenty of brush piles, standing timber, scanned around boat docks everywhere around the south end.

zilch

With the crazy weather and such .... has been tough for me to get some crappie in the boat. What the hell? Today and yesterday was perfect. Decent water temps. Bah .....

I must SUCK at crappie fishin ..... anyone fish Granbury or Whitney that wants to come out on the boat and fish and show me where the hell these things are at? I’m about to buy a damn scuba suit and dart gun ....

Check your pm.........

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: Esnow74] #13318999 10/22/19 02:16 PM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by Esnow74
Not Whitney but just down the road is a lake I'm a little familiar with and would take a backseat and fish with you on. I can usually find some crappie there but without electronics. I'm far from a master at crappie fishing but usually find some and can offer some help and show you some area if you know how to use those electronics.

PM sent.

Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: SK.] #13319001 10/22/19 02:17 PM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
SK, thank you very much for the PM. Your info is very valuable.

Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13319378 10/22/19 08:15 PM
E
Esnow74 Offline
Angler
Angler
E
SK is a good guy with plenty of crappie catching knowledge.

Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13319403 10/22/19 08:39 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I love this thread! No one wants to post and say i got skunked. Good on you. not everyone is SK, Buff, and Slew catching limits by 10:00!

I don't have any real advice but share in your misery. you have me beat on electronics. I know there are some people who charge a small fee to set up your electronics. i'm considering getting that done as i believe some real small differences on settings for your boat/finder/lake combo can make a big difference.

this weekend, i'll be taking a guided trip on my "home" lake so looking forward to learning some secrets. now having said that, my guide has a livescope so i'll have to handicap my learning a bit in that department until i can buy one. at $300, it seems like a bargain in the grand scheme of my annual boating budget.

time is precious but i'm trying to get my two girls more interested so i can get away for more weekends and longer days without leaving them.

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: ThaDudeAbides] #13319472 10/22/19 10:23 PM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
I love this thread! No one wants to post and say i got skunked. Good on you. not everyone is SK, Buff, and Slew catching limits by 10:00!

I don't have any real advice but share in your misery. you have me beat on electronics. I know there are some people who charge a small fee to set up your electronics. i'm considering getting that done as i believe some real small differences on settings for your boat/finder/lake combo can make a big difference.

this weekend, i'll be taking a guided trip on my "home" lake so looking forward to learning some secrets. now having said that, my guide has a livescope so i'll have to handicap my learning a bit in that department until i can buy one. at $300, it seems like a bargain in the grand scheme of my annual boating budget.

time is precious but i'm trying to get my two girls more interested so i can get away for more weekends and longer days without leaving them.

I'm a realist and I'm results oriented. I am here to learn. I don't have all the answers. Sure, I have caught crappie before. I've caught a lot at once, but that is not nearly as repeatable as I'd like it to be. But what I want to learn is to do it like SK, Buff, Slew, etc. I want to be able to go out and utilize the electronics, do the work, and be rewarded for my work more often than not. I have no ego here, I want to learn to fish and teach my family to fish.

I have 2 trips booked, and I have my notes ready to go. I have surgery Thursday (athriscopic on my knee) and as soon as I'm ready to walk a little I'll be at it again. I LOVE to learn. I know how you feel about getting the girls involved. I love having my kiddos involved. Lmk how it goes or if you need anything from me, we can all learn from these great guys who post their valuable knowledge. That's what community is.

Last edited by BP5168; 10/22/19 10:24 PM.
Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13319490 10/22/19 10:51 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J

Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13319510 10/22/19 11:06 PM
B
Bentman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

I'm a realist and I'm results oriented. I am here to learn. I don't have all the answers. Sure, I have caught crappie before. I've caught a lot at once, but that is not nearly as repeatable as I'd like it to be. But what I want to learn is to do it like SK, Buff, Slew, etc. I want to be able to go out and utilize the electronics, do the work, and be rewarded for my work more often than not. I have no ego here, I want to learn to fish and teach my family to fish.

I have 2 trips booked, and I have my notes ready to go. I have surgery Thursday (athriscopic on my knee) and as soon as I'm ready to walk a little I'll be at it again. I LOVE to learn. I know how you feel about getting the girls involved. I love having my kiddos involved. Lmk how it goes or if you need anything from me, we can all learn from these great guys who post their valuable knowledge. That's what community is.

I plan on sinking some brush piles. when they are done and you can get around you can always go out with me and we can catch some

[Linked Image]
Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: Bentman63] #13319661 10/23/19 02:02 AM
B
BP5168 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B

I plan on sinking some brush piles. when they are done and you can get around you can always go out with me and we can catch some

I'm down, and I'd help sink some brush piles with ya.

Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13319730 10/23/19 03:29 AM
Buff2 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Ok here is my deal. I can catch fish pretty much year around. When I started crappie fishing years ago I made myself spend an hour every trip,looking for new spots. I have gone to LOP or Sandlin and spent the entire trip not fishing. Just riding down the lake 5 miles an hour marking brush or trees that are holding fish.
I have not ever fished the lakes you mentioned but I really believe if you gave me an 8 hour day to cruise around with my SI I could catch fish the next day. With the electronics we have today the crappie don’t have a chance

Marty Thomas
LOP Crappie fishing guide
https://www.facebook.com/Lake-O-the-Pines-Crappie-Fishing-414011322706312/
lakeothepinescrappiefishing.com
Re: Crappie Hate Me [Re: BP5168] #13319766 10/23/19 04:58 AM
B
Beaver liqour Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Try standing timber in 18ft of water. Dip the isolated trees.
I see people all over the lake doing it.
Once winter is here spider rig along the damn in deep water w your trolling motor.
That's what Mr. Crappie does.

Born to fish.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide