D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by Dubee
At least this should end all of the speculation. Other than a few really good anglers left completely out in the cold, everyone should have their side picked by the end of the yr. When this mess all started last year, I thought it could be the beginning of the end for BASS. Now that all the cards have been laid on the table, I'm starting to think this could actually be the best thing that ever happened to BASS. I suspect their opens will be completely full next yr....Be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Which good anglers are left out in the cold?

Martin and Thrift are the main two that come to my mind. I'm sure there are a few more that you could argue as well. I get that they can still fish the FLW, but I don't think either really belong in a minor league tour. Which is exactly what the FLW is now.

That's not exactly left out in the cold. I thought you meant np where to fish. These guys fish for a living. Since the payback is the same. I doubt they care if it's called the minors or anything else. And if they fish well enough tthey get to fish BPT in a couple of years. That's not left out in the cold

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: ChanceHuiet] #13319252 10/22/19 05:43 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
Originally Posted by Monty Wright

It might be the "minor" league tour as some have called it, but it's the same pay out as before hmmm

If they AUTOMATICALLY qualify and move up to the BPT tour then yes it's a minor leage tour now. Just like the top 5 in the Opens AUTOMATICALLY qualify for the Elite series. It doesnt matter what the payout is. If it's not the top of the "pyramid " then its nots the majors. Everyone wants to compare it to all the other sports. Well you can get drafted and be a "pro" but be playing AAA and never make it to the majors.

Bingo... If you have to qualify then you're not at the Top... Sugar coat it anyway you please, it's still the minors... Look at the pyramid they have explained... HS, College, BFL, Costa, FLW Pro Tour and then BPsT... Why doesn't MLFLW/ BTsPlgbtqxyzjust offer a spot to the top 10 FLW AOY standings???... They could probably keep Dudley, Cox, Gross, Martin and Thrift, Lattimer. The way it is now they may lose them to the Elite Tour... Dan

Last edited by Dan21XRS; 10/22/19 05:46 PM.

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: Dan21XRS] #13319280 10/22/19 06:15 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
[quote=Dan21XRS
Bingo... If you have to qualify then you're not at the Top... [/quote]

What a ridiculous statement. The Elites have to qualify, is that not the top? Then in the next breath, you state that MLF could"offer spots to top FLW pros"

That's not qualifying, either.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: Dan21XRS] #13319283 10/22/19 06:18 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
Originally Posted by Monty Wright

It might be the "minor" league tour as some have called it, but it's the same pay out as before hmmm

If they AUTOMATICALLY qualify and move up to the BPT tour then yes it's a minor leage tour now. Just like the top 5 in the Opens AUTOMATICALLY qualify for the Elite series. It doesnt matter what the payout is. If it's not the top of the "pyramid " then its nots the majors. Everyone wants to compare it to all the other sports. Well you can get drafted and be a "pro" but be playing AAA and never make it to the majors.

Bingo... If you have to qualify then you're not at the Top... Sugar coat it anyway you please, it's still the minors... Look at the pyramid they have explained... HS, College, BFL, Costa, FLW Pro Tour and then BPsT... Why doesn't MLFLW/ BTsPlgbtqxyzjust offer a spot to the top 10 FLW AOY standings???... They could probably keep Dudley, Cox, Gross, Martin and Thrift, Lattimer. The way it is now they may lose them to the Elite Tour... Dan

Because the field is set at 80. No reason to change it

Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: pchapin] #13319293 10/22/19 06:27 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by pchapin
Originally Posted by Dubee
At least this should end all of the speculation. Other than a few really good anglers left completely out in the cold, everyone should have their side picked by the end of the yr. When this mess all started last year, I thought it could be the beginning of the end for BASS. Now that all the cards have been laid on the table, I'm starting to think this could actually be the best thing that ever happened to BASS. I suspect their opens will be completely full next yr....Be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Which good anglers are left out in the cold?

Martin and Thrift are the main two that come to my mind. I'm sure there are a few more that you could argue as well. I get that they can still fish the FLW, but I don't think either really belong in a minor league tour. Which is exactly what the FLW is now.

It is only minor league in your mind.

No. Even the new owners are calling it a qualifier league. Qualifier league, minor leagues.....use whatever name you like. It's highly competitive and full of some of the top 200 anglers in the world, BUT by the new owners own admission it is not where the cream of the crop are meant to reside. I can't imagine guys that consider themselves top 10 anglers in the world will want to spend any length of time competing there. I can't imagine that their sponsors want them there for very long either.

Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: Monty Wright] #13319301 10/22/19 06:36 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: Monty Wright] #13319304 10/22/19 06:43 PM
shotgunwilly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Keep up Fouz. He's talking about the FLW Pro Circuit.

Last edited by shotgunwilly; 10/22/19 06:44 PM.
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: Monty Wright] #13319306 10/22/19 06:44 PM
P
pchapin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
With BASS, you are not required to move to the Elites when you have qualified, some choose to stay in the Opens.
What happens if you qualify to move up a step with FLW but you prefer to stay at the level you are currently fishing? Will they force you to retire or move up?

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: shotgunwilly] #13319315 10/22/19 06:56 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted by shotgunwilly
Keep up Fouz. He's talking about the FLW Pro Circuit.

I'm keeping up perfectly. Whole lotta butt hurt up in here. But at the end of the day, it is what it is, like it or not.

Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: fouzman] #13319319 10/22/19 07:03 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by fouzman

If he doesn't do better than he did this year .......we will likely find out.

Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: fouzman] #13319387 10/22/19 08:24 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
[quote=Dan21XRS
Bingo... If you have to qualify then you're not at the Top...

What a ridiculous statement. The Elites have to qualify, is that not the top? Then in the next breath, you state that MLF could"offer spots to top FLW pros"

That's not qualifying, either.
[/quote]

Once they qualify for the Elite tour they're set for a few years. They don't make it to the ET then qualify for the Super Elite Tour was all I was pointing out... You can have an off year and you're not automatically sent to the minors... Now on FLW Tour a bad year gonna cost you for another 365 days riding the bus, so to speak... The offer up spot was was to show a few accomplished pros (Martin, Dudley, Thrift) that they belong in the top tier. Show a little respect for what they've accomplished... You know, kinda poach them before the other tour does... Hell Thrift the reigning World Champ of the organization you just bought and you just kick him the the curb???... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13319397 10/22/19 08:35 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D

If he doesn't do better than he did this year .......we will likely find out.

They'd better want him there cause he ain't makin' enough for gas... Dan laugh

From Bass Fan...

269 Ish Monroe Hughson CA Ranger/Yamaha $12,000

http://www.bassfan.com/rankings_money.asp

Last edited by Dan21XRS; 10/22/19 08:36 PM.

Lou Holtz
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: pchapin] #13319427 10/22/19 09:06 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
With BASS, you are not required to move to the Elites when you have qualified, some choose to stay in the Opens.
What happens if you qualify to move up a step with FLW but you prefer to stay at the level you are currently fishing? Will they force you to retire or move up?

This is what I am curious to see. Thrift and Martin will more than likely be in that top 10. I bet most years they can still make more money fishing the FLW Pro Circuit and paying $40k in entry fees than fishing BPT.

Go Tech
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: RedRaider3933] #13319458 10/22/19 09:46 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by RedRaider3933

This is what I am curious to see. Thrift and Martin will more than likely be in that top 10. I bet most years they can still make more money fishing the FLW Pro Circuit and paying $40k in entry fees than fishing BPT.

hmmm The way they will set it up the top earning potential will be with BPT and the MLF cups no doubt. Unless they just want to stick with the 5 fish format and a lower paying job. They will move up to the BPT in 2022 if given the chance, make no bones about it most of these top level guys are in it for the money (look how many jumped last year), Thrift might just be one of the few that isn't though.

Last edited by Legend LE-195; 10/22/19 09:51 PM.
Re: MLF + FLW + MLFLW [Re: Monty Wright] #13319487 10/22/19 10:49 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Pretty solid deal for the FLW Pros and their sponsors. If you’re currently sponsoring an FLW angler you just got a significant upgrade in media coverage and you likely won’t have to pay an additional dime for it in 2020.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide