Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Mike Keenan] #13312454 10/15/19 04:44 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Mike Keenan
Originally Posted by Brad Hardt
Mike, you should have been a fireman

I was from 1990 - 1992 out in San Bernardino County in California, it was in 1997 I went to the dark side and became a cop.

Perry can probably get you a seat in one of those screaming red trucks!

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: John175☮] #13312500 10/15/19 05:14 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by Mike Keenan
Mike, you should have been a fireman

I was from 1990 - 1992 out in San Bernardino County in California, it was in 1997 I went to the dark side and became a cop.

Perry can probably get you a seat in one of those screaming red trucks!

We are about to hire a couple of people.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312630 10/15/19 07:23 PM
Rangerkev Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
I guess I'm a little disappointed in some of the comments. But then I'm not that suprised. I've never understood how people that have no experience in law enforcement or fire fighting or being a lawyer can have so much knowledge. It's amazing, some of yall should get together. I'm sure your accusations and comments could solve the worlds problems. And you dont even have to leave your house.
One poster said full swat team mode. There were 2 officers. 1 said the officer was probably scared because it was a black neighborhood. Do you know for sure it was a black community. Are you able to tap into this officers mine
And 1 said if it had been in colonial neighborhood he probably would not of shot. Basically your saying he is a racist and only going to shoot depending on the neighborhood.
Ft.Worth has gotten out in front of this. Although I wish the mayor would of chosen her words more wisely. Her statement has already convicted the officer and set Ft.Worth up for a hugh lawsuit. I guess we are now guilty before trial. I just think ad adults we should think before we make some of these ignorant comments.

Rangerkev
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Rangerkev] #13312632 10/15/19 07:28 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Rangerkev
Do you know for sure it was a black community.

don't know about the rest, but yes, it's a black community. lot's of gangs and crack. it was off allen st. That said, I don't think it was racial.

Last edited by Bigbob_FTW; 10/15/19 07:29 PM.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Rangerkev] #13312646 10/15/19 07:46 PM
U
Urban Fisher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
I guess I'm a little disappointed in some of the comments. But then I'm not that suprised. I've never understood how people that have no experience in law enforcement or fire fighting or being a lawyer can have so much knowledge. It's amazing, some of yall should get together. I'm sure your accusations and comments could solve the worlds problems. And you dont even have to leave your house.
One poster said full swat team mode. There were 2 officers. 1 said the officer was probably scared because it was a black neighborhood. Do you know for sure it was a black community. Are you able to tap into this officers mine
And 1 said if it had been in colonial neighborhood he probably would not of shot. Basically your saying he is a racist and only going to shoot depending on the neighborhood.
Ft.Worth has gotten out in front of this. Although I wish the mayor would of chosen her words more wisely. Her statement has already convicted the officer and set Ft.Worth up for a hugh lawsuit. I guess we are now guilty before trial. I just think ad adults we should think before we make some of these ignorant comments.

We're sorry. Our only goal was to not disappoint you. We will try to align our thoughts to be the same as yours so we can avoid causing confusion or the fact that others may have different opinions. Please forgive us.

Jane says I've never been in love - no
She don't know what it is
She only knows if someone wants her
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312657 10/15/19 08:01 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
There are about 1000 police shootings annually that result in death in America. 98% plus are cleared by investigation as good shoots, IE, justified under the law. LE makes millions of citizen contacts annually....millions and millions. Hundreds of thousands of arrests. Huge numbers of body cameras on them every minute of every day. So the percentage of police misconduct, or mistakes, is a tiny fraction of a percentage point if you consider all of it. It is what it is guys. You can't give life and death decisions to a human and then not factor in human error. It is just stupid to ignore it. There is also NO way around it. EVER. Argue all you want, point fingers, listen to the media, believe whatever you want to believe, but LE does the job effectively and at a higher level than EVER before in this nation. PERIOD.

If mistakes become murder, then so be it. Prosecute them under the law just like everyone else.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Rangerkev] #13312660 10/15/19 08:05 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

What are your thoughts on the interim police chief’s comments?

"Had the officer not resigned, I would have fired him for violations for several policies, including our use of force policy, our de-escalation policy and unprofessional conduct," Kraus added.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...shot-atatiana-jefferson-resigns-n1065866

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: GROD] #13312663 10/15/19 08:10 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by GROD
Life experience goes a long ways when being an LEO... too many hired now days straight out of college or still living at home with mom and dad (on their dime). Never been in an altercation or stressful situation... but they have a super clean back ground check and good test takers. Doesn’t always make for the best police officer. Give me an officer who can enforce the law with a non-bias outlook and has life experience. Not everyone needs to go to jail and not everyone is a criminal just bc they make a mistake or made a poor decision. Feel bad for all involved in this horrible situation. Wonder if he fired on purpose or if it was an accidental discharge.

You nailed it on the dot. They don't have any life experiences. They turn away everyone else.

Last edited by barndoor; 10/15/19 08:44 PM.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13312665 10/15/19 08:11 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
There are about 1000 police shootings annually that result in death in America. 98% plus are cleared by investigation as good shoots, IE, justified under the law. LE makes millions of citizen contacts annually....millions and millions. Hundreds of thousands of arrests. Huge numbers of body cameras on them every minute of every day. So the percentage of police misconduct, or mistakes, is a tiny fraction of a percentage point if you consider all of it. It is what it is guys. You can't give life and death decisions to a human and then not factor in human error. It is just stupid to ignore it. There is also NO way around it. EVER. Argue all you want, point fingers, listen to the media, believe whatever you want to believe, but LE does the job effectively and at a higher level than EVER before in this nation. PERIOD.

If mistakes become murder, then so be it. Prosecute them under the law just like everyone else.

I agree. I think what you do is a thankless, at times, job, and one with a level of danger I’ll hopefully never have to experience. Humans make mistakes. Accountability for mistakes needs to happen, too.

I’m not saying your job is easy, that I could do it, or anything of the sort. The vast majority of police interactions with the public are fine, thankfully. When there are bad cops (like the one recently who was caught planting drugs on people during traffic stops) or cops who screw up and kill innocent people (such as Guyger and Dean) they should be treated like anyone else. That’s part of the job, at least as a lot of non-LEO see it. It’s tough, dangerous and thankless, but that’s the job.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312701 10/15/19 08:48 PM
Tin Star Cajun Offline
Angler
Angler
I’m happy to be retired after 26years as a cop. With that being said I’ve noticed something to think about; police work has changed as have the people doing it. Years ago there were mostly military guys and girls, now a lot of less life experienced guys and girls. The environment has changed. Used to be a cop said stop and crooks took an [censored] whooping if they didn’t and didn’t complain because they’re parents always told them take your punishment because you know you did wrong. Now, parents make excuses for troubled jerks. Departments have trouble getting positions filled because of little life experience and not many qualified people to apply. Also a lot of applicants don’t want the job now because of a hate the cops culture. Departments have had to lower their standards to just fill a uniform to get a body in a car. I pray things change soon for the young cops out there. Be safe brothers and sisters!

The only difference between a little girls scream and a warrior's battle cry is the direction your'e running!

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13312764 10/15/19 09:35 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

Agreed-
Good post sir-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313001 10/16/19 01:17 AM
B-rader Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Fireman also used to have past k knowledge of building construction and general knowledge of tools , not anymore. So who's fault is it? Parents right?

A-RIGS , MAKING BAD FISHERMAN LOOK GOOD SINCE 2010
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: B-rader] #13313002 10/16/19 01:19 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Fireman also used to have past k knowledge of building construction and general knowledge of tools , not anymore. So who's fault is it? Parents right?

???

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13313037 10/16/19 01:56 AM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L

Well said! I will also add that when working deep nights you go from bad call to bad call. They went there expecting a burglar thus not knocking. Now should they have tried to call the homeowner, sure but sometimes you have a screen full of calls and you cut corners to help your buddies out. You also come to know that most the time you cant find good numbers from your available resources. Should it be that way, no. But you would all raise hell if you waited an hour for an officer. This stuff becomes commonplace. This time the guy f-Ed up and shot the homeowner. Prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law, but also realize the job is far different than what most of you think it is. The one thing I have never lost in police work is empathy. It doesn’t ever seem to work the other way when we are discussing officers.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313070 10/16/19 02:26 AM
Rangerkev Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Urburn fisher I'm sure it took you all day to think about what to say. That's very apparent after your swat team comment. Comments like yours are what keeps me from making comments about something I dont have first hand knowledge of. You have proven once again that the age old saying is true.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than the open it and remove all doubt. Have a wonderful evening.

Rangerkev
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide