Forums59
Topics1,037,829
Posts13,935,210
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310440 10/13/19 10:10 PM
S
spankyttx Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
the other son/s, it's not a bad deal to have on your policy, it helps their rate amounts and you with multi car discounts till he/they get tickets or at fault collisions, at that point your agent should recommend splitting him/them off to his/their own policy/s to save yours but that is something to discuss with your agent. your joyride son will probably never be on your policy at this point

this accident, you should have received a report number from the police then. that's all your ins co will need, they can/will get a copy of the report or may ask you to go get a copy for them if you chose to file this claim

LI-SI-WI-NWI
Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: spankyttx] #13310572 10/13/19 11:16 PM
Mudshark Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by spankyttx
the other son/s, it's not a bad deal to have on your policy, it helps their rate amounts and you with multi car discounts till he/they get tickets or at fault collisions, at that point your agent should recommend splitting him/them off to his/their own policy/s to save yours but that is something to discuss with your agent. your joyride son will probably never be on your policy at this point

this accident, you should have received a report number from the police then. that's all your ins co will need, they can/will get a copy of the report or may ask you to go get a copy for them if you chose to file this claim

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.

[Linked Image]

Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310600 10/13/19 11:25 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
I'm sorry you're going through this, Danny. I wish I had more advice to offer, other than what has, but I do not....Prayers for your family and I wish you the best...I'd definitely be shopping around.

Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310621 10/13/19 11:34 PM
S
spankyttx Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
it's a tough scenario, i hope the best for you and yours

LI-SI-WI-NWI
Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310625 10/13/19 11:39 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Man. I’m thankful I never got caught. My folks would have killed me. Seriously. I used to take their truck and boat when I was 14-15.

As for the insurance questions. I have a son that drives like Stevie Wonder. He’s on his 3rd car in 6 years. Totaled the first two. This third car hasn’t been tore up bad enough to total, but it’s close. Ha. I feel for ya. I had State Farn for 35 years. House, boat, cars, etc. even used them for car loans. They cut ties with me like I was a tumor on my sons second at fault accident. I’ve been paying $900+ a month now for three cars and a boat with Allstate. I even have to pay an additional $150 a month to cover my daughter while she has a learners permit.

Yes it sucks. Yes it’s part of being a parent. I’m honestly just glad there hasn’t been significant injuries and that I can afford to pay premiums.

I dream of the day my kids are financially independent. Boy oh boy. I’ll have my ends meeting for sure! Ha

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310662 10/14/19 12:01 AM
N
nitroZ7girl Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
My daughter is in the insurance biz and my other daughter had something similar happen with her son who is on the autism spectrum and while he had his learners permit. Your insurance agent will advise you to not exclude him from your policy. You will need this protection in case it happens again because you can be sued since he is a minor. The insurance will pay for the defense. She says insurance costs are the least of your worries.

And it will happen again unless you hide the keys, disarm the battery at night, turn on alarms so you know if he leaves the house. Lots of ways to prevent but nothing is foolproof.

Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310715 10/14/19 12:47 AM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
I wouldn’t do anything to hurt my kids record. Bite the bullet on this one. I would also give him a verbal thrashing that he won’t want to ever see again. Let him know you don’t play. He ain’t scared or he would have never done it to start with. That’s my parenting style. Gave my kid everything that he earned. But he knew one thing, don’t piss of dad. As long as he did what I expected of him, life was good for him.

Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13310723 10/14/19 12:52 AM
S
silvers Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Man. I’m thankful I never got caught. My folks would have killed me. Seriously. I used to take their truck and boat when I was 14-15.

As for the insurance questions. I have a son that drives like Stevie Wonder. He’s on his 3rd car in 6 years. Totaled the first two. This third car hasn’t been tore up bad enough to total, but it’s close. Ha. I feel for ya. I had State Farn for 35 years. House, boat, cars, etc. even used them for car loans. They cut ties with me like I was a tumor on my sons second at fault accident. I’ve been paying $900+ a month now for three cars and a boat with Allstate. I even have to pay an additional $150 a month to cover my daughter while she has a learners permit.

Yes it sucks. Yes it’s part of being a parent. I’m honestly just glad there hasn’t been significant injuries and that I can afford to pay premiums.

I dream of the day my kids are financially independent. Boy oh boy. I’ll have my ends meeting for sure! Ha

Damn, hope they turn out ok

call it what you will...he is not definitely not anywhere near the top of the list for QB's that I would choose needing a FG or touchdown drive late in the game.
Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310748 10/14/19 01:07 AM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Take the damn keys away guys. Lock 'em up.

Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: silvers] #13310752 10/14/19 01:10 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by silvers

I hope they get their degrees and a job. Lol. I feel a parent has succeeded if they raise their children to post graduation with the gift of a debt free start on life. That’s my goal. It sure is expensive for me though.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310811 10/14/19 02:08 AM
SgtDag Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
My 18 year old did something like this in nature, not exactly but still. She’s 18 and I gave her a choice. She decided to move out and I haven’t spoken to her since May. I think about it a lot but also know tough love might work. Just hope it does in this case.

Good luck

"If you're going through hell keep going." Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I open mouth kiss my sisters
Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13310818 10/14/19 02:15 AM
SgtDag Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by silvers

I hope they get their degrees and a job. Lol. I feel a parent has succeeded if they raise their children to post graduation with the gift of a debt free start on life. That’s my goal. It sure is expensive for me though.

You have your ways but I would absolutely not have that child on my insurance. Hell no im paying for that and the mistakes he/she has made. Time to grow up! You gonna learn today......

"If you're going through hell keep going." Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I open mouth kiss my sisters
Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310980 10/14/19 11:45 AM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
I had to take my son off my policy. I had to go in person and sign a few things. FYI... the damage was done. The price remained the same. Was dropped at renewal. All the history followed me to the next provider. Was several years before the $$ went down.

Most of us get that one kid. At some point you do have to let them pay the piper. It's tough, real tough. If you're lucky, and blessed they'll come around. Dumb A$$ doesn't leave them till their about 25....late bloomers 30.

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310988 10/14/19 12:02 PM
N
Nickbyrd Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
N
Good luck

Re: I need the help of smart people right now [Re: Mudshark] #13310999 10/14/19 12:16 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Tough situation all around. Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it'll be a wake up call for your son and some good can come of it some how.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide