Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Fort Worth's turn #13309934 10/13/19 12:44 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
A black Texas woman was shot and killed by a white Fort Worth police officer who was called to the woman's home for a welfare check, authorities said.

In a statement, the department said it received a call at 2:25 a.m. reporting an open front door at a residence. Responding officers searched the perimeter of the house and saw a person standing inside near the window, according to police.

"Perceiving a threat, the officer drew his duty weapon and fired one shot, striking the person inside the residence," the department stated. In body camera video released by police, two officers search the home from the outside with flashlights before one shouts, "Put your hands up, show me your hands." One shot is then fired through a window.

story

The people of fort worth don't normally riot, but who knows?

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13309951 10/13/19 01:10 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Maybe they should, ftw pd needs to get a handle on business. Maybe we all should have rioted when they shot the elderly white man in his own garage

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13309952 10/13/19 01:19 PM
Dognot Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
IDK, but I bet there are no hugs at this trial. I may be wrong though.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310014 10/13/19 02:45 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
7 shootings since June 1

this guy murdered that woman
did not identify his target at all

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310029 10/13/19 03:05 PM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
What is it with these shoot first cops? Is it poor training? Are they too scared to do their job? I totally get that there is more to this, and all of us arm chair cops and lawyers can pick this apart with the evidence the news puts out there, but it just seems a lot of these are still bad shoots after the trial and evidence is common knowledge. What is going to happen to the homeowner who gets shot at and missed by police in a situation he is not doing anything wrong in his own home, and then shoots and kills a cop in defense?

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310045 10/13/19 03:29 PM
S
Spiderman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Probably harder to make the correct choice at 2:25am in the morning. Going into a sketchy situation with limited knowledge of what you are facing.

I know at trial with all the evidence revealed in the light of day he is guilty, just saying.

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310061 10/13/19 03:45 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
And the story brings up a solid point, it was a welfare check cause the door was open. Maybe just maybe a knock on the door and yelling hello, police might have been a more appropriate response than a srt running outside house with flash lights. Wake me up creeping around my house in middle of night outside or any of you I bet we could end up either shot or shooting someone.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310075 10/13/19 03:58 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
The Dallas situation was an effed up deal, this is an effed up deal. Could it be the Police Departments are lowering the bar for entry into the Police Force or speeding up the training wrecklessly to fill empty positions. Who in the hell would want to be a Police Officer today with the hatred and disrespect shown to them? You have to have nerves and convictions of steel to be an officer today. God bless anyone that chooses this profession in my book. The deck is stacked against you by the media and the population at large.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13310079 10/13/19 04:00 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by WAWI
And the story brings up a solid point, it was a welfare check cause the door was open. Maybe just maybe a knock on the door and yelling hello, police might have been a more appropriate response than a srt running outside house with flash lights. Wake me up creeping around my house in middle of night outside or any of you I bet we could end up either shot or shooting someone.

I called on me neighbor once. No one died. I'm happy with our PD.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310092 10/13/19 04:23 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Gotta love how they start the article with the race of those involved. Also stood out he had been employed tgere just 18 months. If he were an officer elsewhere prior to FW he still would of had to go through FWPD academy. I know its a fairly rigorous academy and a good amount do not make it.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bob Davis] #13310145 10/13/19 05:26 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
The Dallas situation was an effed up deal, this is an effed up deal. Could it be the Police Departments are lowering the bar for entry into the Police Force or speeding up the training wrecklessly to fill empty positions. Who in the hell would want to be a Police Officer today with the hatred and disrespect shown to them? You have to have nerves and convictions of steel to be an officer today. God bless anyone that chooses this profession in my book. The deck is stacked against you by the media and the population at large.

Nobody is saying dont appreciate the police, respect the police, it's not a hard job etc. The reality is there have been 3 presumably innocent people shot in their own homes by police in the last few years that I can think of off the top of my head, then the poor lady shot while the office was shooting at a dog. The officer firing into the high school kids car, these are in the metroplex alone. Some outrage over the loss of innocent life should be expected

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310718 10/14/19 12:49 AM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
This will not end well.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13310721 10/14/19 12:51 AM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Nobody is saying dont appreciate the police, respect the police, it's not a hard job etc. The reality is there have been 3 presumably innocent people shot in their own homes by police in the last few years that I can think of off the top of my head, then the poor lady shot while the office was shooting at a dog. The officer firing into the high school kids car, these are in the metroplex alone. Some outrage over the loss of innocent life should be expected

and APD
will not talk about
the dog shooter
messed up stuff

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13310789 10/14/19 01:47 AM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B

No, I didn't say anyone here reading my message disrespects Police, but every news channel and paper talks about Police getting shot, spit on, thrown water on, called pigs etc. I hear ya on the screw ups in these 3 cases you mentioned. I think they are having a hard time filling positions and lowering the bar or something.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13310802 10/14/19 02:00 AM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"

Sad state of affairs. It surprises me that sweeping the leg is not used more often, at this point.

Don't worry about the mule, just load the cart
[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bob Davis] #13310851 10/14/19 02:46 AM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
I think they are having a hard time filling positions and lowering the bar or something.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. One thing that I remember as a kid was that rookies had to work with an experienced partner for a fairly long time. At least this is what I was always told. Now it seems that relatively inexperienced officers are turned loose much sooner.

Of course, I don't work day-in, day-out with police, so my perceptions could be completely wrong.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bob Davis] #13310853 10/14/19 02:49 AM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

No, I didn't say anyone here reading my message disrespects Police, but every news channel and paper talks about Police getting shot, spit on, thrown water on, called pigs etc. I hear ya on the screw ups in these 3 cases you mentioned. I think they are having a hard time filling positions and lowering the bar or something.

FW is very competitive in the hiring process. Its a tough task to get a job with them. They turn many away.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: butch sanders] #13310975 10/14/19 11:30 AM
A
AmpedUp Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted by butch sanders
7 shootings since June 1

this guy murdered that woman
did not identify his target at all

^^ This^^ World is getting Crazy!! not safe anywhere!! bolt

God is Great! Beer is Good!! People are Crazy!!!
Wait... I have Micky Mouse Money..Grandson Logic!!

http://rcarr1.my.tupperware.com/
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311112 10/14/19 02:11 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
It’s been happening for years. We just hear about it now because of video. They’re bad apples in every profession. They’re bad firefighters, bad policeman, bad coaches, bad teachers, bad lawyers, bad Dr.’s ......and so on.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311115 10/14/19 02:13 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
DFW is going to have to get it's own Court Channel.....sad. noidea

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311254 10/14/19 04:26 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Someone needs to get a grip on these trigger happy cops with different or better training. I know it is a dangerous job with a lot of unknowns, but you can't kill completely innocent people and expect it to be justifiable.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311260 10/14/19 04:31 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Human nature to make mistakes. You'll NEVER fix that part. No matter how thorough the training someone will fck it up eventually. This guy certainly did. Can't imagine why you'd not announce yourself and just shoot a woman through a window

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311268 10/14/19 04:33 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
I still don't know why someone didn't knock on the front door? hmmm

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Mark Perry] #13311293 10/14/19 04:53 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

FW is very competitive in the hiring process. Its a tough task to get a job with them. They turn many away.

For real? I know it used to be like that, but I've had direct dealings with them on some break ins at our yard and an accident one of my trucks was in recently. Its been some keystone cops type of stuff man. Had to explain to the officer writing up the truck accident what a DOT recordable incident is, what a UCR agreement is and how it differs from the companies actual insurance policy, what class license is required for a tractor trailer... took 28 days for the report to be filed. The break ins to our yard were even worse, took them 3 days and 6 calls from me for them to even respond to do the report. You could clearly see the hole cut in the fence, drag marks, and our material 50 yards on the other side of the fence half covered by a tarp.. they did NOTHING but write a BS report. Wouldn't even let me reclaim my material. Both instances the officers I was dealing with said FTWPD is reaching a critical level of officer shortage without enough recruits int he pipeline to fill the need. Leads me to believe they'll hire darn near anyone right now to get a warm body on the streets... hope I'm wrong but it sure feels that way as of late.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311307 10/14/19 05:04 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311329 10/14/19 05:22 PM
Fishingking Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Don't make cops or men like they use to.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311356 10/14/19 05:48 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Did I hear they found a weapon on the floor where she fell?

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: V-Bottom] #13311363 10/14/19 05:52 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by V-Bottom

They are saying they found a weapon “in the home” is what I heard-
Heck, I have several weapons in MY OWN home-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: steveiam] #13311370 10/14/19 05:56 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by steveiam

Not to mention if you are creeping around my back yard at 230 am I might have one of my guns when I come to window

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311380 10/14/19 06:07 PM
T
Twotoes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
First - officer did not announce himself as police and police car was not parked out front and thereby visible.

Second- from the "Show me your hands" to the gunshot was about one second. Nobody could react in that time. And the officer was outside, doubt if the woman could even see him, maybe couldn't hear him.

Third - if I see flashlights outside my house at 2 am I will absolutely be armed, especially without a police vehicle visible and no announcement of "police officer".

Past performance is the best predictor of future behavior...
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13311381 10/14/19 06:07 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

Not to mention if you are creeping around my back yard at 230 am I might have one of my guns when I come to window

^^^^^^^this peep
[Linked Image]

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bass&More] #13311400 10/14/19 06:29 PM
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Sounds like the officer who fired the fatal shot has resigned...

R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311419 10/14/19 06:41 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Kraus on Monday identified the officer involved in the shooting as Aaron Dean. He said Dean was placed on detached duty and stripped of his badge and firearm after he was served with his written administrative complaint yesterday.

“My intent was to meet with him today to terminate his employment with the Fort Worth Police Department. However, the officer tendered his resignation this morning before we met," Kraus told reporters Monday. "Even though he no longer works for the city, we will continue the administrative investigation as if he did. The case will be completed and reviewed by the chain of command.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: buda13] #13311432 10/14/19 06:55 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by buda13

For real? I know it used to be like that, but I've had direct dealings with them on some break ins at our yard and an accident one of my trucks was in recently. Its been some keystone cops type of stuff man. Had to explain to the officer writing up the truck accident what a DOT recordable incident is, what a UCR agreement is and how it differs from the companies actual insurance policy, what class license is required for a tractor trailer... took 28 days for the report to be filed. The break ins to our yard were even worse, took them 3 days and 6 calls from me for them to even respond to do the report. You could clearly see the hole cut in the fence, drag marks, and our material 50 yards on the other side of the fence half covered by a tarp.. they did NOTHING but write a BS report. Wouldn't even let me reclaim my material. Both instances the officers I was dealing with said FTWPD is reaching a critical level of officer shortage without enough recruits int he pipeline to fill the need. Leads me to believe they'll hire darn near anyone right now to get a warm body on the streets... hope I'm wrong but it sure feels that way as of late.

My son in law works for them and saw firsthand what he went through to get hired. They lost a good amount of folks during his academy. I know some guys from the vity i work in that were LEOs here and still had to go through FW academy as a recruut. Have a fair amount of friends that work in PD or FD there as well. They turn a lot away during the process.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311593 10/14/19 09:25 PM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Life experience goes a long ways when being an LEO... too many hired now days straight out of college or still living at home with mom and dad (on their dime). Never been in an altercation or stressful situation... but they have a super clean back ground check and good test takers. Doesn’t always make for the best police officer. Give me an officer who can enforce the law with a non-bias outlook and has life experience. Not everyone needs to go to jail and not everyone is a criminal just bc they make a mistake or made a poor decision. Feel bad for all involved in this horrible situation. Wonder if he fired on purpose or if it was an accidental discharge.

Last edited by GROD; 10/14/19 09:26 PM.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311823 10/15/19 12:28 AM
Z
ZX-250 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Z
Just saw he is in Tarrant County Jail on a Murder charge.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311835 10/15/19 12:37 AM
U
Urban Fisher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
I feel bad for the neighbor that called for the welfare check. I’m sure he/she was a truly concerned neighbor that had no idea a simple welfare check would turn into a full SWAT team assault with the death of the person he/she originally called the welfare check on. May make people scared to call the people that are suppose to protect them.

Jane says I've never been in love - no
She don't know what it is
She only knows if someone wants her
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311846 10/15/19 12:45 AM
J
JesseX Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Someone knocks on my door, I peak thru the window to see who it is. Hope I am not a "perceived" threat.

Looking forward to justice playing out just like it did for the last unjustified cop shooting.

P.S. I am a big supporter of those in blue. I would bleed blue if you cut me. But all I can say about this is WOW!

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311853 10/15/19 12:47 AM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Im a big supporter of right and wrong....

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: GROD] #13311866 10/15/19 12:54 AM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by GROD
Life experience goes a long ways when being an LEO... too many hired now days straight out of college or still living at home with mom and dad (on their dime). Never been in an altercation or stressful situation... but they have a super clean back ground check and good test takers. Doesn’t always make for the best police officer. Give me an officer who can enforce the law with a non-bias outlook and has life experience. Not everyone needs to go to jail and not everyone is a criminal just bc they make a mistake or made a poor decision. Feel bad for all involved in this horrible situation. Wonder if he fired on purpose or if it was an accidental discharge.

This is a major issue with society in general, no one gets smacked around anymore and can get away with running their mouths all through life without getting put in their place. Then the whole catch 22 scenario comes into play, cops arrest and press charges for any little thing nowadays so those people cant get jobs in many places such as pharmaceuticals and any secure ares or law enforcement.

What a bloated mess or govt has become.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Mark Perry] #13311872 10/15/19 12:58 AM
44 Diesel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

My son in law works for them and saw firsthand what he went through to get hired. They lost a good amount of folks during his academy. I know some guys from the vity i work in that were LEOs here and still had to go through FW academy as a recruut. Have a fair amount of friends that work in PD or FD there as well. They turn a lot away during the process.

My ex Brother in law worked for FWPD years ago. He was pretty damn crooked. He got fired twice from em

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Urban Fisher] #13311876 10/15/19 01:02 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Originally Posted by Urban Fisher
I feel bad for the neighbor that called for the welfare check. I’m sure he/she was a truly concerned neighbor that had no idea a simple welfare check would turn into a full SWAT team assault with the death of the person he/she originally called the welfare check on. May make people scared to call the people that are suppose to protect them.

Seriously ,he’s probably beating him self up pretty bad over it .

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Nickbyrd] #13311890 10/15/19 01:10 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

Yep.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311902 10/15/19 01:18 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

Yep.

I can’t even imagine.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311947 10/15/19 01:48 AM
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Well the cop (Aaron Dean) was arrested and charged with murder... I bet he’s rethinking that fatal shot now... We were always taught years ago, you better be sure, you cannot call back that bullet.

R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311961 10/15/19 02:03 AM
B-rader Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Mike, you should have been a fireman

A-RIGS , MAKING BAD FISHERMAN LOOK GOOD SINCE 2010
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: B-rader] #13311966 10/15/19 02:18 AM
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Brad Hardt

I was from 1990 - 1992 out in San Bernardino County in California, it was in 1997 I went to the dark side and became a cop.

www.basscat.com

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13311973 10/15/19 02:26 AM
Rangerkev Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Urban Fisher how did you come up with a full swat team. It was 2 officers checking the house. I'm not going to defend the cop. Unfortunately he made a mistake that cost a person their life. That mistake doesn't make him a bad person. And with that he is going to go to prison. What I dont iike
Is reading a headline with the color of skin involved. That should not come into play. This officer did not wake up with the intention of shooting a black person. And of course the race baiters and racist are making it all about race. And once again I'm left thinking the same thing. Where are the community leaders and activists when a black man kills a black man. They are no where to be found because there are no cameras and there is no money to be made.

Rangerkev
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Rangerkev] #13311998 10/15/19 02:56 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Originally Posted by Rangerkev
Urban Fisher how did you come up with a full swat team. It was 2 officers checking the house. I'm not going to defend the cop. Unfortunately he made a mistake that cost a person their life. That mistake doesn't make him a bad person. And with that he is going to go to prison. What I dont iike
Is reading a headline with the color of skin involved. That should not come into play. This officer did not wake up with the intention of shooting a black person. And of course the race baiters and racist are making it all about race. And once again I'm left thinking the same thing. Where are the community leaders and activists when a black man kills a black man. They are no where to be found because there are no cameras and there is no money to be made.

We know man, it’s the same ol dog and pony show that’s been popping off since The Trevon shooting . It doesn’t look like it’s going to go away .

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Rangerkev] #13312026 10/15/19 03:36 AM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C

Dude was scared because he was in a black neighborhood. I bet money had he been in the Colonial neighborhood he wouldn’t have pulled the trigger before he finished “ let me see your hands”.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Coach Hark] #13312034 10/15/19 03:44 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Originally Posted by Coach Hark

Dude was scared because he was in a black neighborhood. I bet money had he been in the Colonial neighborhood he wouldn’t have pulled the trigger before he finished “ let me see your hands”.
he probably wouldn’t have even pulled his gun out in the first place

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312045 10/15/19 04:02 AM
L
lowew79 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Seems like a lot of bad mistakes here, but I wonder if it was truly racially motivated? Here's my point. At 2:30 AM looking through a dirty window, with the glare of a flashlight shining back in your face, do you really think you can even tell what color a person is at all?

It doesn't matter to me what color she is, seems like he killed her unjustly. However we all know the race card is going to be played here, I just wonder if you people who may have more experience than me in this kind of thing believe that he could tell what race she was through that window?

Politicians are like diapers, they both need to be changed often, and for the same reason - Unknown
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312056 10/15/19 04:23 AM
B-rader Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
The ot has experienced alot of 230 a.m. calls in a bad neighborhood . Was she pointing a gun out the window? Quick, your life or mine, go

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312058 10/15/19 04:28 AM
Team Skeeterless Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
If she was he wouldn’t have been charged with murder or resigned before being fired. The chief even dismissed the fact a gun was found on premises as it was not relevant to the case.

Nick Larsen
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Team Skeeterless] #13312220 10/15/19 01:13 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless
If she was he wouldn’t have been charged with murder or resigned before being fired. The chief even dismissed the fact a gun was found on premises as it was not relevant to the case.

I hadn’t heard the last part about the chief. Wow.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: lowew79] #13312264 10/15/19 01:49 PM
J
JohnF67 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted by lowew79
Seems like a lot of bad mistakes here, but I wonder if it was truly racially motivated? Here's my point. At 2:30 AM looking through a dirty window, with the glare of a flashlight shining back in your face, do you really think you can even tell what color a person is at all?

It wasn't racially motivated, it wasn't about her being black and him white. It was a police vs. not police thing. The problem was he was "blue" and she wasn't.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312316 10/15/19 02:23 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
i think that dude just wanted to shoot somebody
he didn't care who it was

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: B-rader] #13312319 10/15/19 02:24 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
The ot has experienced alot of 230 a.m. calls in a bad neighborhood . Was she pointing a gun out the window? Quick, your life or mine, go

oh my
don't go looking in peoples window

you defending that idiot ?

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312321 10/15/19 02:26 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

yep

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312428 10/15/19 04:24 PM
T
tech Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
The officer should not have even been in the backyard! The rights of the homeowner rise above whatever the officers perceived to be the problem. There was no life or death circumstance to warrant them in the backyard!

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Mike Keenan] #13312454 10/15/19 04:44 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Mike Keenan

I was from 1990 - 1992 out in San Bernardino County in California, it was in 1997 I went to the dark side and became a cop.

Perry can probably get you a seat in one of those screaming red trucks!

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: John175☮] #13312500 10/15/19 05:14 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by Mike Keenan

Perry can probably get you a seat in one of those screaming red trucks!

We are about to hire a couple of people.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312630 10/15/19 07:23 PM
Rangerkev Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I guess I'm a little disappointed in some of the comments. But then I'm not that suprised. I've never understood how people that have no experience in law enforcement or fire fighting or being a lawyer can have so much knowledge. It's amazing, some of yall should get together. I'm sure your accusations and comments could solve the worlds problems. And you dont even have to leave your house.
One poster said full swat team mode. There were 2 officers. 1 said the officer was probably scared because it was a black neighborhood. Do you know for sure it was a black community. Are you able to tap into this officers mine
And 1 said if it had been in colonial neighborhood he probably would not of shot. Basically your saying he is a racist and only going to shoot depending on the neighborhood.
Ft.Worth has gotten out in front of this. Although I wish the mayor would of chosen her words more wisely. Her statement has already convicted the officer and set Ft.Worth up for a hugh lawsuit. I guess we are now guilty before trial. I just think ad adults we should think before we make some of these ignorant comments.

Rangerkev
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Rangerkev] #13312632 10/15/19 07:28 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Do you know for sure it was a black community.

don't know about the rest, but yes, it's a black community. lot's of gangs and crack. it was off allen st. That said, I don't think it was racial.

Last edited by Bigbob_FTW; 10/15/19 07:29 PM.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Rangerkev] #13312646 10/15/19 07:46 PM
U
Urban Fisher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
I guess I'm a little disappointed in some of the comments. But then I'm not that suprised. I've never understood how people that have no experience in law enforcement or fire fighting or being a lawyer can have so much knowledge. It's amazing, some of yall should get together. I'm sure your accusations and comments could solve the worlds problems. And you dont even have to leave your house.
One poster said full swat team mode. There were 2 officers. 1 said the officer was probably scared because it was a black neighborhood. Do you know for sure it was a black community. Are you able to tap into this officers mine
And 1 said if it had been in colonial neighborhood he probably would not of shot. Basically your saying he is a racist and only going to shoot depending on the neighborhood.
Ft.Worth has gotten out in front of this. Although I wish the mayor would of chosen her words more wisely. Her statement has already convicted the officer and set Ft.Worth up for a hugh lawsuit. I guess we are now guilty before trial. I just think ad adults we should think before we make some of these ignorant comments.

We're sorry. Our only goal was to not disappoint you. We will try to align our thoughts to be the same as yours so we can avoid causing confusion or the fact that others may have different opinions. Please forgive us.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312657 10/15/19 08:01 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
There are about 1000 police shootings annually that result in death in America. 98% plus are cleared by investigation as good shoots, IE, justified under the law. LE makes millions of citizen contacts annually....millions and millions. Hundreds of thousands of arrests. Huge numbers of body cameras on them every minute of every day. So the percentage of police misconduct, or mistakes, is a tiny fraction of a percentage point if you consider all of it. It is what it is guys. You can't give life and death decisions to a human and then not factor in human error. It is just stupid to ignore it. There is also NO way around it. EVER. Argue all you want, point fingers, listen to the media, believe whatever you want to believe, but LE does the job effectively and at a higher level than EVER before in this nation. PERIOD.

If mistakes become murder, then so be it. Prosecute them under the law just like everyone else.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Rangerkev] #13312660 10/15/19 08:05 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

What are your thoughts on the interim police chief’s comments?

"Had the officer not resigned, I would have fired him for violations for several policies, including our use of force policy, our de-escalation policy and unprofessional conduct," Kraus added.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...shot-atatiana-jefferson-resigns-n1065866

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: GROD] #13312663 10/15/19 08:10 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by GROD

You nailed it on the dot. They don't have any life experiences. They turn away everyone else.

Last edited by barndoor; 10/15/19 08:44 PM.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13312665 10/15/19 08:11 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
There are about 1000 police shootings annually that result in death in America. 98% plus are cleared by investigation as good shoots, IE, justified under the law. LE makes millions of citizen contacts annually....millions and millions. Hundreds of thousands of arrests. Huge numbers of body cameras on them every minute of every day. So the percentage of police misconduct, or mistakes, is a tiny fraction of a percentage point if you consider all of it. It is what it is guys. You can't give life and death decisions to a human and then not factor in human error. It is just stupid to ignore it. There is also NO way around it. EVER. Argue all you want, point fingers, listen to the media, believe whatever you want to believe, but LE does the job effectively and at a higher level than EVER before in this nation. PERIOD.

If mistakes become murder, then so be it. Prosecute them under the law just like everyone else.

I agree. I think what you do is a thankless, at times, job, and one with a level of danger I’ll hopefully never have to experience. Humans make mistakes. Accountability for mistakes needs to happen, too.

I’m not saying your job is easy, that I could do it, or anything of the sort. The vast majority of police interactions with the public are fine, thankfully. When there are bad cops (like the one recently who was caught planting drugs on people during traffic stops) or cops who screw up and kill innocent people (such as Guyger and Dean) they should be treated like anyone else. That’s part of the job, at least as a lot of non-LEO see it. It’s tough, dangerous and thankless, but that’s the job.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13312701 10/15/19 08:48 PM
Tin Star Cajun Offline
Angler
Angler
I’m happy to be retired after 26years as a cop. With that being said I’ve noticed something to think about; police work has changed as have the people doing it. Years ago there were mostly military guys and girls, now a lot of less life experienced guys and girls. The environment has changed. Used to be a cop said stop and crooks took an [censored] whooping if they didn’t and didn’t complain because they’re parents always told them take your punishment because you know you did wrong. Now, parents make excuses for troubled jerks. Departments have trouble getting positions filled because of little life experience and not many qualified people to apply. Also a lot of applicants don’t want the job now because of a hate the cops culture. Departments have had to lower their standards to just fill a uniform to get a body in a car. I pray things change soon for the young cops out there. Be safe brothers and sisters!

The only difference between a little girls scream and a warrior's battle cry is the direction your'e running!

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13312764 10/15/19 09:35 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

Agreed-
Good post sir-

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313001 10/16/19 01:17 AM
B-rader Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Fireman also used to have past k knowledge of building construction and general knowledge of tools , not anymore. So who's fault is it? Parents right?

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: B-rader] #13313002 10/16/19 01:19 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Fireman also used to have past k knowledge of building construction and general knowledge of tools , not anymore. So who's fault is it? Parents right?

???

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13313037 10/16/19 01:56 AM
L
leethefishking Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L

Well said! I will also add that when working deep nights you go from bad call to bad call. They went there expecting a burglar thus not knocking. Now should they have tried to call the homeowner, sure but sometimes you have a screen full of calls and you cut corners to help your buddies out. You also come to know that most the time you cant find good numbers from your available resources. Should it be that way, no. But you would all raise hell if you waited an hour for an officer. This stuff becomes commonplace. This time the guy f-Ed up and shot the homeowner. Prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law, but also realize the job is far different than what most of you think it is. The one thing I have never lost in police work is empathy. It doesn’t ever seem to work the other way when we are discussing officers.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313070 10/16/19 02:26 AM
Rangerkev Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Urburn fisher I'm sure it took you all day to think about what to say. That's very apparent after your swat team comment. Comments like yours are what keeps me from making comments about something I dont have first hand knowledge of. You have proven once again that the age old saying is true.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than the open it and remove all doubt. Have a wonderful evening.

Rangerkev
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313162 10/16/19 05:47 AM
T
ToasterWEyes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Looks like for right or wrong a gun was raised at the officer....

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/V...es-No-Excuse-for-Shooting-563141541.html

Last edited by ToasterWEyes; 10/16/19 05:48 AM.

It's only a good cast if you catch a fish...
Personal Best: 11.62 lbs
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313163 10/16/19 05:57 AM
T
ToasterWEyes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Prayers to all of those affected by this shooting, including the responding officers.
And shame on the police chief for hanging one of his own men before the investigation is even fully underway....

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313164 10/16/19 06:43 AM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
[Linked Image]
Why the hell are these stats relevant at all to anything they are unecessary . This is what nobody wants to talk about the media displaying this is what gets everything all riled up . I sound like the water boys momma but I don’t have a better description “ ITS THE DEVIL !!”

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313218 10/16/19 12:08 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
So does it change anyone's opinion of the officer now that it has come out that she was pointing a gun at him?

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313222 10/16/19 12:15 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Chris B
So does it change anyone's opinion of the officer now that it has come out that she was pointing a gun at him?

if it is true (lot's of misinformation out there) it doesn't change a thing. she would have been well within her rights to do so.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313230 10/16/19 12:22 PM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
LOL

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313232 10/16/19 12:30 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

if it is true (lot's of misinformation out there) it doesn't change a thing. she would have been well within her rights to do so.

Bigbob,

What was he suppose to do if she pointed a gun at him? Take one in the chest? Yes, he put himself in that situation, but I think he is going to walk from a criminal standpoint.

Last edited by barndoor; 10/16/19 12:33 PM.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313233 10/16/19 12:31 PM
U
Urban Fisher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U

He was just quicker at the draw.

Some facts and some assumptions. Lady at home with young relative playing video games late at night with front door open. She was a pharmaceutical sales rep. Neighbor worried and calls a non emergency line for a welfare check. Cops come...ok not SWAT give it up Rangerkev...yes I exaggerated for effect, get over it. But, they were called as a SRT (if I remember right it means Special Response Team). Hypothetical time...This time the lady hears the cop we'll say going through a gate to get in the back yard and she grabs her gun. This time she is a faster draw and shoots the cop and kills him. Is she now a cop killer/murder or someone with the right to protect themselves in their own house?

Again she is a sales rep and probably has no professional training in self defense nor tactical situations. The cop however is. You are considered a "professional" if you get paid for your expertise. So he has been trained in firearm use and other tactical situations. She has no idea what is going on...he does. In this case he is actually the perpetrator. He was the cause and effect by not handling the situation properly. Again this was a non emergency welfare check...no shots fired, no immediate danger reported. The way they approached the house, guns drawn unannounced, going through a dark backyard...that's what caused this situation that could have (and did) go horribly wrong.

And yes bad things happen to good people. This is a horrible tragedy. But even really good people may make a bad decision that effects many lives much bigger than the ones that actually perished. Example...good guy maybe drinks a bit too much with buddies. Happens to get in a horrible wreck and kills innocent people. Was he really a bad person? Maybe not, but he did make a bad decision that resulted in a horrible tragedy.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: barndoor] #13313236 10/16/19 12:34 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by barndoor

Bigbob,

What was he suppose to do if she pointed a gun at him? Take one in the chest? Yes, he put himself in that situation, but I think is going to get off criminal.

move out of the line of fire comes to mind.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: barndoor] #13313243 10/16/19 12:43 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Bigbob,

What was he suppose to do if she pointed a gun at him? Take one in the chest? Yes, he put himself in that situation, but I think he is going to walk from a criminal standpoint.

Probably not run towards the window yelling “hands where I can see them.”

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13313248 10/16/19 12:49 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Bigbob,

Probably not run towards the window yelling “hands where I can see them.”

He suppose to take off running the opposite way and get shot in the back?

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313258 10/16/19 12:54 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

Bigbob,

What was he suppose to do if she pointed a gun at him? Take one in the chest? Yes, he put himself in that situation, but I think is going to get off criminal.

It happened to fast Bob.

Last edited by barndoor; 10/16/19 12:55 PM.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313259 10/16/19 12:54 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Huh. I can see bad decisions by both. If I were the officer doing a simple welfare check, I would've had my flashlight on and announced my presence early on. If I were inside the house and heard noises, I wouldn't go to the window and point a gun outside - the interior light silhouettes you for a clear view to whoever is out there.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313261 10/16/19 12:56 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

makes him even more of an idiot
for scaring that lady into defending herself

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: barndoor] #13313262 10/16/19 12:57 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Bigbob,

dont sign up for a job
you cannot handle

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: barndoor] #13313267 10/16/19 01:00 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Bigbob,

how big was the window
10 foot wide?

why not take 1 step to the right

1 to the chest would have bruised him & taught him a lesson though

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313272 10/16/19 01:04 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Bigbob,

You must be pretty fast for a Big Bob. My .45 covers over a 1000 fps. While I think the police were wrong to get in the unfortunate situation they were in (two individuals pointing guns at each other divided by a single pane of glass). I agree the officer was quicker to the draw.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313280 10/16/19 01:10 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N

It at least proves that he didn’t just shoot her for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING... she did not deserved to be shot at all but you can see how the scene plays out a little different and he gets jumpy and bang . Mistakes were made that cost a woman her life

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313282 10/16/19 01:12 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
If she had shot him she would have been within her right. she feared for her life.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313288 10/16/19 01:16 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
did anyone determine why the front door was wide-open and had been for hours,...??

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313296 10/16/19 01:19 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
If she had shot him she would have been within her right. she feared for her life.

Actually I think your supposed to drag the body in the house afterwards. But, no I agree she would have been within her rights. If I was the officer down in the hood at 2:30am investigating a possible burglary and found the barrel of a gun pointing at me I'm pretty sure I would have done the same. You know she had the option of calling 911 rather than going for a gun also.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: JIM SR.] #13313298 10/16/19 01:19 PM
U
Urban Fisher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
Originally Posted by JIM SR.
did anyone determine why the front door was wide-open and had been for hours,...??

Wasn't that a night after that cold front? I have been known to open my windows and doors when we have nice weather temp wise. Maybe not at 2 am, but then again I am not a night person. Some people are.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313299 10/16/19 01:20 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Actually I think your supposed to drag the body in the house afterwards. But, no I agree she would have been within her rights. If I was the officer down in the hood at 2:30am investigating a possible burglary and found the barrel of a gun pointing at me I'm pretty sure I would have done the same. You know she had the option of calling 911 rather than going for a gun also.

true, but I still can't get past that they should have just knocked on the door and announced. it was a non-emergency call and they had plenty of help.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313303 10/16/19 01:23 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

true, but I still can't get past that they should have just knocked on the door and announced. it was a non-emergency call and they had plenty of help.

Agree 100%.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313332 10/16/19 01:48 PM
Fishingking Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

I pretty sure that dragging a body around is called Tampering with Evidence. Besides if you are correct in what you are doing it does not matter where the body falls.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313333 10/16/19 01:48 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Alright I’m going to join into the “what if” part of this-

What if the call came to the officers that it was something other than a simple welfare check, we don’t really know how the call was sent to them-
It’s possible the way the call was sent wasn’t a simple welfare check, and so arriving on scene to a situation that looked suspicious to them would put them into a different response mode-
To me this possibly matters a lot, and it would help me be more able to understand why TWO officers decided how they responded to this call with the limited and possibly incorrect information relayed to them at the time-
This is just another possible angle to this that I see as what MAY have started a terrible chain of events.

Last edited by steveiam; 10/16/19 01:52 PM.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313339 10/16/19 01:53 PM
Fishingking Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
This guy has hired Jim Lane for an Attorney. He is the guy that cops feared to have to go against but the first to call when they are in trouble. I am telling you when this guy is hired the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313354 10/16/19 02:07 PM
44 Diesel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Although it was a non emergency call it wasn't a welfare check. It was an open structure call which I would think the officer would have a different state mind.

Last edited by 44 Diesel; 10/16/19 02:07 PM.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313361 10/16/19 02:13 PM
B
Big_Country01 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
A simple knock on the front door could have prevented all of this. Why hasnt anyone said this yet???

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313368 10/16/19 02:19 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

911 was already there
come on dude

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Fishingking] #13313371 10/16/19 02:20 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Fishingking
This guy has hired Jim Lane for an Attorney. He is the guy that cops feared to have to go against but the first to call when they are in trouble. I am telling you when this guy is hired the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

he represented my buddy
& got him
50 years
for organized crime
didn't hit a lick

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Big_Country01] #13313372 10/16/19 02:20 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Big_Country01
A simple knock on the front door could have prevented all of this. Why hasnt anyone said this yet???

If they roll up with whatever information that was sent to them, and there is possibly it’s actually a possible break in, they are not just going to knock on the door until they know what the situation actually is, unfortunately it didn’t get that far before it went tragic-

Last edited by steveiam; 10/16/19 05:08 PM.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313592 10/16/19 05:04 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I saw where TX master pro was able to dismiss this whole thing by chalking it up to “It is what it is“ based on the percentages of LEO contacts/shootings/Man hours on the job. That may work for him but it doesn’t work for me. An innocent life snuffed out because of a stupid mistake never gets chalked up to “It is what it is“. As a matter of fact, I will bet a dime to dollar that he doesn’t just accept a police officer getting killed in the line of duty as it is what it is and just ate part of the job.

All of you staunch LEO supporters are always talking an eye for an eye, hang them up from the trees in the town square, electrocution, firing squad. Well, that stuff goes both ways. This idiot murdered that innocent woman in her own home and he deserves to die

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313607 10/16/19 05:13 PM
B
birddogcatfish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

You can’t shoot people on the other side of walls and claim fear for your life

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: birddogcatfish] #13313614 10/16/19 05:21 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by birddogcatfish

she very well could have seen the gun and fired. yes you can.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: RedEar12] #13313620 10/16/19 05:25 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by RedEar12
I saw where TX master pro was able to dismiss this whole thing by chalking it up to “It is what it is“ based on the percentages of LEO contacts/shootings/Man hours on the job. That may work for him but it doesn’t work for me. An innocent life snuffed out because of a stupid mistake never gets chalked up to “It is what it is“. As a matter of fact, I will bet a dime to dollar that he doesn’t just accept a police officer getting killed in the line of duty as it is what it is and just ate part of the job.

All of you staunch LEO supporters are always talking an eye for an eye, hang them up from the trees in the town square, electrocution, firing squad. Well, that stuff goes both ways. This idiot murdered that innocent woman in her own home and he deserves to die

Yeah, I obviously wasn't referring specifically to her death sport....clearly said if it's criminal treat us like everyone else. And as a matter of fact, getting killed in the line of duty is part of the GD job and we all accept that. Please let me die running towards the sound of gunfire instead of wasting away on my couch!

Dismissed it?? Just stfu with that nonsense

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: birddogcatfish] #13313621 10/16/19 05:26 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

Lol, well if that's the case I would assume it applies to Leo also.....

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: steveiam] #13313622 10/16/19 05:27 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Alright I’m going to join into the “what if” part of this-

What if the call came to the officers that it was something other than a simple welfare check, we don’t really know how the call was sent to them-
It’s possible the way the call was sent wasn’t a simple welfare check, and so arriving on scene to a situation that looked suspicious to them would put them into a different response mode-
To me this possibly matters a lot, and it would help me be more able to understand why TWO officers decided how they responded to this call with the limited and possibly incorrect information relayed to them at the time-
This is just another possible angle to this that I see as what MAY have started a terrible chain of events.

It changes things, but not for the officer who shot her, in my opinion. If dispatch screwed up between the time the non-emergency number was called for a welfare check and it was relayed to the responding officers, it means the police made an additional mistake.

What’s the non-emergency line for, if they dispatch it as a burglary in progress and treat it like they’re going to be ambushed or someone is being held hostage when the caller just reported that a front door has been open for a few hours and requested a welfare check?

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: birddogcatfish] #13313623 10/16/19 05:28 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Except it was a window and that’s exactly what the officer did.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: RedEar12] #13313653 10/16/19 06:09 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
This idiot murdered that innocent woman in her own home and he deserves to die

Really, he deserves to die? She pointed a gun at a uniformed police officer but he deserves to die.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313659 10/16/19 06:14 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Really, he deserves to die? She pointed a gun at a uniformed police officer but he deserves to die.

now how in the hell did she know he was uniformed police officer? Not making a case for or against punishment, but this is just trying to introduce drama.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313684 10/16/19 06:42 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

now how in the hell did she know he was uniformed police officer? Not making a case for or against punishment, but this is just trying to introduce drama.

I agree. Hard to see who is who when you have a flashlight in your face.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313686 10/16/19 06:45 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H

she very well could have seen the gun and fired. yes you can.

You don’t even need to see a gun.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313689 10/16/19 06:46 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

How in the heck did he know she wasn't a criminal? Sounds like a terrible accident to me. Certainly not worth the death penalty for the officer that redear wants.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Big_Country01] #13313702 10/16/19 07:04 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H

2:30am in the hood. Front door is open. Anyone with common sense is thinking it’s a break in. Do you know what the tactical name for a doorway is? It’s called a vertical coffin for a reason.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313709 10/16/19 07:07 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C

How in the heck did he know she wasn't a criminal? Sounds like a terrible accident to me. Certainly not worth the death penalty for the officer that redear wants.

How in the hell did she know he was a cop?

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13313712 10/16/19 07:10 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler

2:30am in the hood. Front door is open. Anyone with common sense is thinking it’s a break in. Do you know what the tactical name for a doorway is? It’s called a vertical coffin for a reason.

My point of the whole situation, he was in the hood and arrived scared. IMO, I’m not in his mind Rangerkev but I do have my own thoughts and opinions.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313714 10/16/19 07:15 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T

clearly she did not....it is a [censored] up man, no doubt. A complete tactical training failure. It is not murder however. That is just freaking stupid. The Dallas case wasn't murder under the law though, and they convicted her so....

Last edited by txmasterpo; 10/16/19 07:15 PM.

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13313717 10/16/19 07:17 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

clearly she did not....it is a [censored] up man, no doubt. A complete tactical training failure. It is not murder however. That is just freaking stupid. The Dallas case wasn't murder under the law though, and they convicted her so....

I would have thought manslaughter, but the punishment would be the same. I guess it would look better than murder on your record.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Coach Hark] #13313719 10/16/19 07:18 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H

My point of the whole situation, he was in the hood and arrived scared. IMO, I’m not in his mind Rangerkev but I do have my own thoughts and opinions.

Do you think he had a reason to be scared, or at least that something fishy was going on?

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313743 10/16/19 07:50 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I support law enforcement 100%. I support right and wrong 1,000,000%. This situation is far worse than the Amber Guyger thing. If she shot him, all the LEO supporters would be calling for the death penalty. This idiot won’t get the death penalty here but that’s what it will eventually take to get these shoot first, ask questions later cops to think about what they are doing before they pull the trigger.

I have no issue with Txmasterpro other than the “it what it is” comment. I don’t care what dispatch misconstrued and told this guy. He should always be exercising caution, and even extreme caution at 2:30 in the morning on any call. The fact is, he murdered and innocent woman in her own home right in front of an eight-year-old.

An eye for an eye, those LEO supporters say when an officer is murdered in the line of duty. String them up high down at the courthouse Square for everyone to see.

That’s exactly what needs to happen to this murderer.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: RedEar12] #13313753 10/16/19 08:03 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
I support law enforcement 100%. I support right and wrong 1,000,000%. This situation is far worse than the Amber Guyger thing. If she shot him, all the LEO supporters would be calling for the death penalty. This idiot won’t get the death penalty here but that’s what it will eventually take to get these shoot first, ask questions later cops to think about what they are doing before they pull the trigger.

I have no issue with Txmasterpro other than the “it what it is” comment. I don’t care what dispatch misconstrued and told this guy. He should always be exercising caution, and even extreme caution at 2:30 in the morning on any call. The fact is, he murdered and innocent woman in her own home right in front of an eight-year-old.

An eye for an eye, those LEO supporters say when an officer is murdered in the line of duty. String them up high down at the courthouse Square for everyone to see.

That’s exactly what needs to happen to this murderer.

If your personal levels of available support varies from 0% to 1,000,000% then technically you only support law enforcement 0.01%. That’s not very much.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313760 10/16/19 08:09 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
While I did LOL at your post, I don’t Think the extrapolation of percentages that I threw down are quite the issue here.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: RedEar12] #13313764 10/16/19 08:13 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
While I did LOL at your post, I don’t Think the extrapolation of percentages that I threw down are quite the issue here.

cheers

One other thing. When you say you support right and wrong 1,000,000% are you saying you support right 1,000,000% and also wrong 1,000,000%? I would think a good man like you would support right 1,000,000% but wrong 0%.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313769 10/16/19 08:19 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I have no idea what the cop was thinking when he arrived on the scene. Apparently he was under the impression a burglary was happening or had already happened. 20/20, I think before I approached the house I would have first visited the guy next door who had called in the "open door" and get his thoughts on the occupants who lived there, how many, genders and ages to see who I would be dealing with. If the door was open you could knock without being in the doorway and announce that you were LEO and checking on the occupants. Like I said 20/20. Thing could be called an accident but as it turns out a murder was committed and there's a price to pay. Once again there will be no winners. frown

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13313789 10/16/19 08:43 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C

Do you think he had a reason to be scared, or at least that something fishy was going on?

It’s human nature, I would bet 99 out of 100 white people in general would be scared to be in the hood at 2:30am. I’ve taken kids I coached home in the hood late at night. Once I dropped them off my head was on a swivel because it’s human nature. And since I had been on a school campus all day and night I couldn’t be carrying.

And to add my MO as a coach was my relationships I built with minorities. I’ve been accused of being racist because I didn’t let very many white kids play because I let all the black kids start and play the most. And I’m a white boy!!

Last edited by Coach Hark; 10/16/19 08:46 PM.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13313793 10/16/19 08:48 PM
J
JohnF67 Offline
Angler
Angler
J
So, would it still have been cool with the LEO's can do no wrong crowd if he killed the kid? Is anyone looking out their window when a LEO with a flashlight WHO NEVER IDENTIFIED HIMSELF prowling around their yard fair game? Is their an age limit at which we say "Oh well, sh!t happens?"

Tell you what, if someone is creeping around in my fenced and gated back yard after midnight, I might just be armed when I look out the window, guess I do that at my own risk?

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: JohnF67] #13313798 10/16/19 08:50 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by JohnF67
So, would it still have been cool with the LEO's can do no wrong crowd if he killed the kid? Is anyone looking out their window when a LEO with a flashlight WHO NEVER IDENTIFIED HIMSELF prowling around their yard fair game? Is their an age limit at which we say "Oh well, sh!t happens?"

Tell you what, if someone is creeping around in my fenced and gated back yard after midnight, I might just be armed when I look out the window, guess I do that at my own risk?

Yessir and shoot, I guess when that happens we will be cell mates and bootleg TFF into our cell. bolt

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13313846 10/16/19 09:43 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

cheers

One other thing. When you say you support right and wrong 1,000,000% are you saying you support right 1,000,000% and also wrong 1,000,000%? I would think a good man like you would support right 1,000,000% but wrong 0%.

You guys are making my head hurt-
Big azz words and big math, it’s almost just too much-

Last edited by steveiam; 10/16/19 09:43 PM.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: JohnF67] #13313861 10/16/19 10:06 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

The kid didn't point a gun at the cop.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13313873 10/16/19 10:31 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

The kid didn't point a gun at the cop.

Since the kid was close enough to his aunt to see that she was pointing the gun at the officer through the window, it’s not far fetched that he could’ve been injured or killed when the officer shot (or negligently discharged, which I’m 50/50 on).

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13314033 10/17/19 01:24 AM
J
JSouther Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I wish there was more information on this. I worked for fwpd for 13 years and have been to hundreds of open structure calls and can tell you not one was the same scenario. The first 4 years east side and then north and finished up west side off Las Vegas tr. Has there been any recent robberies in that area or home invasions? Did the call taker check the address to try and find a callback number? Was the officer the sheet officer or told by another officer “you go watch the back door while I go to the front”? I don’t know the full details and can’t say what was done wrong but I can tell you no officer goes to work wanting to kill someone. Fort Worth has one of the toughest academies and I can assure you he was trained properly. This was a tragic mistake and does not make him an idiot or a bad cop. This has been turned into a circus and he doesn’t have a chance at a fair trial. My prayers go out to all parties involved.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: JSouther] #13314040 10/17/19 01:29 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by JSouther
I wish there was more information on this. I worked for fwpd for 13 years and have been to hundreds of open structure calls and can tell you not one was the same scenario. The first 4 years east side and then north and finished up west side off Las Vegas tr. Has there been any recent robberies in that area or home invasions? Did the call taker check the address to try and find a callback number? Was the officer the sheet officer or told by another officer “you go watch the back door while I go to the front”? I don’t know the full details and can’t say what was done wrong but I can tell you no officer goes to work wanting to kill someone. Fort Worth has one of the toughest academies and I can assure you he was trained properly. This was a tragic mistake and does not make him an idiot or a bad cop. This has been turned into a circus and he doesn’t have a chance at a fair trial. My prayers go out to all parties involved.

I’m curious when you show up to a scene like that is it protocol to start announcing your presence to anyone who may or may not be in the home? A lot of experts on here feel like that is where the cop messed up and the police chief said he broke multiple department policies. I’m wondering if announcing yourself in that situation is actually a policy.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314072 10/17/19 01:48 AM
J
JSouther Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Open doors and windows shall be investigated as silent alarms with the officers eliminating all means of escape prior to beginning their search of the building. This is section 327.05 of Fort Worth General orders for open doors and windows. It can be found on there website if anyone wants to take a look.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314077 10/17/19 01:51 AM
J
JSouther Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
327.01 SILENT ALARM A. The officer receiving the call on a silent alarm shall be responsible for the coordination and placement of other units also responding to the scene. B. All main exit ways should be guarded so as to prevent the escape of any offender. C. The unit in charge of the call shall inspect the structure to determine if there is any sign of forced entry. D. If officers find signs of forced entry or have any reason to believe that a burglar may still be in the building, they shall keep all exits under surveillance and call for assistance from available canine units and for any additional units required to secure the building. E. If the building shows no signs of forced entry, officers shall continue to keep the building under surveillance and have the Police Information Center contact the owner of the building and/or alarm company reporting the alarm. If contact is made with the owner, an owner or authorized agent shall be requested to make the scene so that officers may conduct a routine inspection of the inside of the structure. F. If the building appears secure and the owner or alarm company representative shall not be making the scene or shall be delayed by more than twenty (20) minutes, the officer shall clear the call and return to service. The complainant shall be advised to contact the Police Communications Division upon their arrival at the scene so that officers may return to the location. G. On structures that are not secure and where the complainant cannot be located, officers shall attempt every reasonable means to secure the building. If the building cannot be secured, officers shall stand by until the building can be secured. Dispatchers shall attempt to have the officers relieved every two (2) hours. The structure shall not be abandoned without the permission of a supervisor who shall base the decision to remain or to abandon the building on existing conditions at the time. H. The officer with responsibility for the call shall make the appropriate offense/incident report when the officer finds that the alarm notification was caused by burglary, robbery or an attempt of either, hostage situation, criminal mischief, reckless damage, or an arrest is made. I. If the officer determines that the alarm notification was caused by damage where no offense was committed, the officer shall direct an incident report to the Alarms Unit titled “Alarm Call.” Any such damage must be readily visible to the officer. Officers may direct an incident report to the Alarms Unit under circumstances where the officer believes a possible violation of the alarm ordinance exists. J. If the responding officer determines that the alarm notification was caused by the weather and there is no visible damage to the alarm site, the officer shall not have to make an incident report. The weather-related alarm shall be recorded on the officer's CAD disposition as caused by the weather and the dispatcher shall be so advised.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314083 10/17/19 01:55 AM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
We’ve all seen the bodycam video.

The officer is inspecting the property unannounced.
He’s shining a light in a window.
He sees a lady looking at him through the window.
He yells at the lady that he wants to see her hands.
Less than a second after he yells, he shoots and kills her.

Why didn’t he announce that he was PD when he arrived on scene?
Why didn’t he just take a step for cover to the right or left of the window instead of shoot?

A fair trial for him is for him to plead guilty and accept whatever sentence he receives. He can accept responsibility, fall on his sword, and that will be that for him.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314099 10/17/19 02:04 AM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
With all that 327.01 says, whether this officer was following 327.01 to the letter or doing it completely bass ackwards, the fact still remains that he made the worst mistake he could make and killed an innocent lady in her own home

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314105 10/17/19 02:08 AM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Some truly disgusting people on this forum.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314113 10/17/19 02:14 AM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I wouldn’t say disgusting. Differences in opinion are perfectly fine and very healthy. It’s good to hear and consider others’ points of view. When we all have differences of opinions and debates, it shouldn’t make us angry at each other or hate each other.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: RedEar12] #13314114 10/17/19 02:15 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
With all that 327.01 says, whether this officer was following 327.01 to the letter or doing it completely bass ackwards, the fact still remains that he made the worst mistake he could make and killed an innocent lady in her own home

I don’t think anyone on here is disagreeing that he made a mistake, that’s pretty obvious. What some are saying is it’s not murder and he shouldn’t be hung in the streets. If you are robbing someone and kill them to take their wallet that is murder. If you go postal and kill someone at work because they took your stapler, that is murder. If you respond to a call and are investigating it, and the homeowner points a gun at you and you think it’s a burglar, that’s something, but it ain’t murder.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314115 10/17/19 02:15 AM
J
JSouther Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
We have seen 10 seconds of body cam. All I am saying is the facts are not all out there yet. Hopefully they will be”transparent “ and release everything.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314120 10/17/19 02:18 AM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I agree with you 100% Mr Souther

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314124 10/17/19 02:22 AM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I guess I’ll quit saying murdered and maybe start using the word slaughtered or gunned down this innocent lady in her own home. That will make the semantics police happier I suppose. No matter which word or phrase I or others use, he still made her dead.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13314125 10/17/19 02:23 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I don’t think anyone on here is disagreeing that he made a mistake, that’s pretty obvious. What some are saying is it’s not murder and he shouldn’t be hung in the streets. If you are robbing someone and kill them to take their wallet that is murder. If you go postal and kill someone at work because they took your stapler, that is murder. If you respond to a call and are investigating it, and the homeowner points a gun at you and you think it’s a burglar, that’s something, but it ain’t murder.

We’ve already been over the definition of murder in Texas, and none of us know if he will be convicted of murder, but my opinion is that the police chief has been pretty explicit about it and he was arrested for it. The definition of murder in Texas is different than many states. It doesn’t mean what you and I usually think it means. It’s a much broader definition here.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: JSouther] #13314127 10/17/19 02:24 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
We have seen 10 seconds of body cam. All I am saying is the facts are not all out there yet. Hopefully they will be”transparent “ and release everything.

I appreciate your incite.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: RedEar12] #13314141 10/17/19 02:39 AM
Bee'z Offline
honey boo boo
honey boo boo
I agree with you 100% Mr Souther

Same here.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13314150 10/17/19 02:50 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H

We’ve already been over the definition of murder in Texas, and none of us know if he will be convicted of murder, but my opinion is that the police chief has been pretty explicit about it and he was arrested for it. The definition of murder in Texas is different than many states. It doesn’t mean what you and I usually think it means. It’s a much broader definition here.

Duck you and I always disagree on these, but at least we keep it civil cheers. I should preface all of these discussions by saying I’m not arguing so much his guilt or innocence in a court room, more my problem with the way the law is. When I say it’s not murder that is in my personal definition of murder. I think the legal definition is dumb.

(b) A person commits an offense if he:

(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;

(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or

(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.

Based on (2). A MMA fighter chokes a guy out in a sanctioned fight at the AAC. Choked out fighter dies. Did he intend to cause bodily harm? Of course he did that’s the entire point of the sport. Did he commit an act that is clearly dangerous to human life? Most reasonable people would say choking someone is dangerous to human life. So by the definition of this dumb [censored] law he is a murder. You can substitute a boxing match as an example if that’s more your style or a DE taking a head shot on a QB.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314161 10/17/19 03:06 AM
J
JSouther Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
H town when I went through the academy in 2004 there was a shooting of a officer by a store clerk. She is now paralyzed and clerk not arrested or even race of the two mentioned. This was an incident of officer not identifying. Her name is Lisa Ramsey interesting read on just how media has changed. I think sometimes they just try to pit us against one another.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314162 10/17/19 03:10 AM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I agree with the media comment wholeheartedly.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: JSouther] #13314165 10/17/19 03:18 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
H town when I went through the academy in 2004 there was a shooting of a officer by a store clerk. She is now paralyzed and clerk not arrested or even race of the two mentioned. This was an incident of officer not identifying. Her name is Lisa Ramsey interesting read on just how media has changed. I think sometimes they just try to pit us against one another.

Never heard that story. Thanks for bringing it up. I found an article and from what I read she was undercover, entered a gas station with a mask on to make an arrest on someone and the clerk just shot her. Had she died I would not say murder is appropriate, just like I don’t in this current case.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314171 10/17/19 03:26 AM
J
JSouther Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I agree based on what we have so far but I think there are a few more pieces to the puzzle.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314201 10/17/19 04:18 AM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13314204 10/17/19 04:35 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Duck you and I always disagree on these, but at least we keep it civil cheers. I should preface all of these discussions by saying I’m not arguing so much his guilt or innocence in a court room, more my problem with the way the law is. When I say it’s not murder that is in my personal definition of murder. I think the legal definition is dumb.

(b) A person commits an offense if he:

(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;

(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or

(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.

Based on (2). A MMA fighter chokes a guy out in a sanctioned fight at the AAC. Choked out fighter dies. Did he intend to cause bodily harm? Of course he did that’s the entire point of the sport. Did he commit an act that is clearly dangerous to human life? Most reasonable people would say choking someone is dangerous to human life. So by the definition of this dumb [censored] law he is a murder. You can substitute a boxing match as an example if that’s more your style or a DE taking a head shot on a QB.

cheers yep, we don’t see eye to eye on these and that’s ok. It is always civil and I appreciate that. We actually do agree that it isn’t murder the way we see it, and I think it’s fair to say that the way the law reads is different than what you and I mean. The legal definition is weird in Texas, no doubt, and I don’t do a great job of differentiating between my personal definition and the law’s definition. We agree on that, so cheers again. But when an officer is charged with murder, I’m basing my comments on how I read the legal definition, and also the opinion that innocent people should not be shot by people in their homes (especially by police officers) by “mistake.”

Half of me thinks this officer intentionally caused the death of the victim. The other half thinks it was a negligent discharge. Either way, I think he should be charged and not allowed mistake of fact or qualified immunity as a defense. I just don’t think it’s OK for this to happen (unless we’re missing key facts, aside from her holding a gun towards the window). He made a mistake, but that’s not a defense to killing someone else officer or not, in my opinion. Murder? I’m not sure, but punishment is required.

I think you brought up MMA fighting in the Guyger thread. The difference is, sanctioned fighters aren’t charged with murders just like NFL players aren’t charged with crimes when they injure opponents (such as paralyzing in football, or throwing at a batter in baseball). They are willing participants in an activity.

The difference between MMA fighters (or NFL players) and victims of police shootings in the case of the woman in this situation is, there is no agreement to fight. To me, that’s obvious. MMA fights are sanctioned by the state the fight takes place in. They’re professional fighters training for a specific fight. Three boxers have been killed in the last month as a result of their bouts. That clearly different to me.

And I’ll go ahead and say it: police have training citizens do not. They have qualified immunity and other protections. The victim was unaware police were called to her house. The officer made mistakes. She had every right to defend herself, as the chief of police alluded to in his press conference and as is state law.

It’s just not the same as a sanctioned fighter killing his opponent in the ring.

The murder laws in Texas could use some work, but that does not mean he didn’t murder her, and the chief alluded to that fact. He committed a crime and citizens should not be gunned down in their own homes when not committing a crime (at the very least).

We don’t have a beef, we just have a different feeling of the interpretation of the law. I feel like, given what I’ve read and watched on the body cam so far, he committed a crime. Once again, I’m not OK with police killing innocent people in their own homes for doing nothing wrong.

If this was a criminal who was shot under questionable circumstances by law enforcement in their own home, we could debate further, but I just don’t think this is ok, and the chief of police has been explicit in agreeing with that, despite the weird murder laws in Texas. Mistakes are prosecuted everyday under the law. But I reserve the right to change my position when more facts come out, however, at this time, I side with the chief of police.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 10/17/19 04:40 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314207 10/17/19 05:04 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Duck agree on all parts. I’m just saying the law of murder doesn’t say both agreed to the fight. I’m guessing there’s somewhere else that you know about that I don’t feel like researching that covers it. All I know is what (2) says. And that’s considered murder in Texas.

I’m guessing then if two guys at a bar decide to both fight, and they go outside and start at it, one pulls out a knife and slits the others throat it’s not murder. Because they both agreed to fight but didn’t get into the details of what kinda fight it was going to be. Both were willing participants.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13314214 10/17/19 05:41 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Duck agree on all parts. I’m just saying the law of murder doesn’t say both agreed to the fight. I’m guessing there’s somewhere else that you know about that I don’t feel like researching that covers it. All I know is what (2) says. And that’s considered murder in Texas.

I’m guessing then if two guys at a bar decide to both fight, and they go outside and start at it, one pulls out a knife and slits the others throat it’s not murder. Because they both agreed to fight but didn’t get into the details of what kinda fight it was going to be. Both were willing participants.

This was the hangup a few weeks ago. Amber Guyger intentionally pulled the trigger to kill Jean. That’s all that mattered once she said it on the stand. Everything that took place before that wasn’t in question once she testified to that.

If this officer, under section two of the quoted murder law above, intentionally pulled the trigger on the woman standing in her own house investigating flashlights and men walking around her property, no matter how many mistakes or points of protocol the officer made or violated, he qualifies under section two of the murder law quoted above.

If it is was a negligent discharge, I don’t know how it will be interpreted under the law. Probably not murder, and I could agree with that. But, he isn’t talking and has lawyered up, which is not what Guyger did. She talked and admitted to entering the wrong home and intentionally shooting an innocent man.

This officer either intentionally shot an innocent woman because of a mistake, or negligently shot an innocent woman because of a series of mistakes.

That’s it, in my opinion. That’s the only question. We will see what a grand jury and possibly regular jury says, further details pending. But the fact remains, as of now, he shot an innocent woman in her own home who had a right to defend herself and her nephew from unknown people and he made a series of mistakes, as admitted by his chief of police. Whether that’s murder under Texas law or not, we will see. But he screwed up, was fired (or resigned before his chief oiled fire him - chief’s words) and the chief said the officer screwed up. Either the chief is a liar or the officer screwed up or there are more facts.

And you’re confusing sanctioned fights with laws and rules and a bar fight. Not the same thing at all.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 10/17/19 05:42 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314219 10/17/19 06:18 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
I’m not confusing anything, I just don’t have the knowledge. I assume there is some law on the books that make a sanctioned fight exempt from the murder laws. I just haven’t seen them. I’d be interested to read them if you have the time to research it.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13314399 10/17/19 01:34 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I’m not confusing anything, I just don’t have the knowledge. I assume there is some law on the books that make a sanctioned fight exempt from the murder laws. I just haven’t seen them. I’d be interested to read them if you have the time to research it.

It comes down to consent, contracts and a minimum level of regulation defined by the federal government.

The fighters agree to participate (consent and contract) under a minimum level of rules, but can vary state to state. As long as the violence is deemed acceptable under the rules, and no laws were broken, the winner would not face charges.

If an MMA fighter pulled a dagger out of his shorts and sliced his opponent’s neck while he had him in a hold on the ground, that would be deemed illegal, obviously, and excessive. He would be arrested.

If an opponent is kicked just right, or a ref fails to stop a fight and the fighter has brain damage and dies, then that’s deemed to fall within the rules and part of the deal.

I’m not a lawyer, but that’s my understanding. And it makes sense to me why consenting adults who are professionally trained participating in a sanctioned fight under the minimum rules of the government is different than a police officer shooting a homeowner who is innocent. I just can’t do a very good job of explaining it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314586 10/17/19 04:20 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13314616 10/17/19 04:55 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

Is it murder in the way most think, no. Professional malpractice is an interesting way to think of it. That said simple loss of job and a law suit that will result in the individual paying nothing basically cause the will file bankruptcy doesnt seem nearly enough. These type situations need to stop. I think it's in large part up to the police department's to review process and make some changes in them. This lady was doing exactly what she should be, defending her home, a small child and herself from a potential threat. Is it an accident, almost 100 percent yes but too many accidents. I have heard the phrase "the police have a right to make it home at night" thrown around. Yes they do but no more than anyone else. If their actions are gonna put law abiding citizens in danger in their own homes some stuff needs to change. The idea that nobody can judge these situation other than Leo's is silly. Every other profession in the world is judged by the public, city managers, mayors, city council, voting public, etc fall in that chain. Our system is set up for jurors which I would expect rarely have any LEO or legal experience to sit in judgment every day over all types of things they have no experience in. The court of public opinion exists, it is real and can apply tremendous pressure. Instead of ignoring it the time may be here to accept it and act and adjust behaviors accordingly. I am a law and order guy, locking criminal up and throwing away keys is fine by me, I support the death penalty, I support LEO defending themselves, I support the 2nd amendment. All that said I'm a huge supporter of innocent human life and people's right to it.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13314618 10/17/19 04:57 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Is it murder in the way most think, no. Professional malpractice is an interesting way to think of it. That said simple loss of job and a law suit that will result in the individual paying nothing basically cause the will file bankruptcy doesnt seem nearly enough. These type situations need to stop. I think it's in large part up to the police department's to review process and make some changes in them. This lady was doing exactly what she should be, defending her home, a small child and herself from a potential threat. Is it an accident, almost 100 percent yes but too many accidents. I have heard the phrase "the police have a right to make it home at night" thrown around. Yes they do but no more than anyone else. If their actions are gonna put law abiding citizens in danger in their own homes some stuff needs to change. The idea that nobody can judge these situation other than Leo's is silly. Every other profession in the world is judged by the public, city managers, mayors, city council, voting public, etc fall in that chain. Our system is set up for jurors which I would expect rarely have any LEO or legal experience to sit in judgment every day over all types of things they have no experience in. The court of public opinion exists, it is real and can apply tremendous pressure. Instead of ignoring it the time may be here to accept it and act and adjust behaviors accordingly. I am a law and order guy, locking criminal up and throwing away keys is fine by me, I support the death penalty, I support LEO defending themselves, I support the 2nd amendment. All that said I'm a huge supporter of innocent human life and people's right to it.

clap

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314655 10/17/19 05:41 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Wawi....if it's an accident or mistake, it is IMPOSSIBLE to fix...until you get robots to be police, mistakes will happen. It's damn sure NOT the epidemic it's being portrayed as. The numbers are there for anyone to research. Lee Merritt is a well know race baiting piece of [censored] that will always play the race card no matter what.

Humans are fallible, there is no solution. Training is better than ever, officers are better than ever, only the environment in which they work has changed for the worse, and I'm speaking to the media, social media platforms, and 24 hour news cycle.....they make money selling bad news

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13314658 10/17/19 05:45 PM
Hard Rain Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Wawi....if it's an accident or mistake, it is IMPOSSIBLE to fix...until you get robots to be police, mistakes will happen. It's damn sure NOT the epidemic it's being portrayed as. The numbers are there for anyone to research. Lee Merritt is a well know race baiting piece of [censored] that will always play the race card no matter what.

Humans are fallible, there is no solution. Training is better than ever, officers are better than ever, only the environment in which they work has changed for the worse, and I'm speaking to the media, social media platforms, and 24 hour news cycle.....they make money selling bad news

I agree with part of your statement I don't agree it is epidemic either. That said when an LEO does not follow procedure and then shoots an innocent person in their own home to me that is not an accident but instead a crime.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13314659 10/17/19 05:47 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

Blaming the media, and I'm not suggesting reporting is unbiased, seems to suggest that if nothing was reported things could be swept under the rug. How many innocent people is ok to shoot, in the last year in dfw alone you have the guyer shooting, the Arlington issue, and this. To expect no public reaction or outcry is arrogant. Let's not forget it wasnt that long ago the same department had a similar issue with a similar result. Accidents are one thing, f ups of epic proportions describe recent events more accurately

Last edited by WAWI; 10/17/19 05:49 PM.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314669 10/17/19 06:10 PM
C
crankn101 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Go look at stats from other countries, cops kill wayyyyyyy more people here in the US and the crime rates are fairly equal.

If I'm bored tonight I'll post actual stats and facts that are eye opening , like some agencies turning people away for being too smart. That kinda blows away the whole slim talent pool excuse while hiring new guys.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314682 10/17/19 06:27 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I clearly said if it rises to a criminal offense treat them like everyone else in my original post.

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314683 10/17/19 06:27 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Correct WAWI, complete f up. With that being said, there’s no way in hell I’d be a cop and I do back the blue. I believe this cop just effed it up though. I back my wife but she effs up sometimes too. She just hasn’t killed me.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314749 10/17/19 07:23 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I guess we better ramp up the robocop program because there ain't no other way to fix it....if you think charging all of them with murder, and making them defend themselves in court is the answer, you are sadly mistaken. It will have consequences that no one intends I promise.

I don't want anyone to say I accept it as the cost of doing business, a single life it too much, but that is just not possible. Cops shoot about 1000 people a year that results in death. Go study the DOJ and FBI reports on it. A handful are mistakes or rise to the level of a criminal action. Just apply the law and I am fine with that, having your [censored] interim chief go on TV and tell everyone you are guilty the day after is bull [censored].

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13314759 10/17/19 07:27 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
..if you think charging all of them with murder, and making them defend themselves in court is the answer, you are sadly mistaken.

so we should quit prosecuting murder cases?

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314771 10/17/19 07:35 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
..if you think charging all of them with murder, and making them defend themselves in court is the answer, you are sadly mistaken.

I’m down with that there’s a couple folks I could “purge” lol

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314828 10/17/19 08:14 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

no we shouldn't stop prosecuting murder cases. I doubt you could get a murder conviction on a case like the FW case anyway, maybe manslaughter at best. I think it should be investigated same as with anyone else. We shouldn't change it up just because we are worried about a riot tho. I do think media and 24 hour news changes things tho. I wonder how many times a police officer is called out in fort worth along. Then how many times officers have to pull their gun and how many times they actually shoot the gun. You then take the number of times it turns out bad and we still have a good system. I don't think anyone wants a bad outcome on any of this but it does happen with the human factor. I do not think you can stop that with training, maybe slow it down. The climate the officers have to do their job in is bad in this day. I would not be a cop under these circumstances. People try to blame everything on racism. That makes it even worse. A black man can rob a store and then attack a cop and nearly knock his eye out. He gets shot for his decisions and they will try and burn the town down and blame every white person out there. They never blame the black man for his actions of robbing and attacking white people JUST because they are white. They call white people racist.

The fort worth deal is bad no matter how you look at it, but it's the results of years of bad action by blacks against white officers. I really do not know how you fix that until black people police their own and make them accountable for their actions so every time they meet a officer, the office doesn't feel his/or her life is in danger. The officer can be any color and he/or she feels they may get shot by the young men and black people.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13314829 10/17/19 08:15 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I guess we better ramp up the robocop program because there ain't no other way to fix it....if you think charging all of them with murder, and making them defend themselves in court is the answer, you are sadly mistaken. It will have consequences that no one intends I promise.

I don't want anyone to say I accept it as the cost of doing business, a single life it too much, but that is just not possible. Cops shoot about 1000 people a year that results in death. Go study the DOJ and FBI reports on it. A handful are mistakes or rise to the level of a criminal action. Just apply the law and I am fine with that, having your [censored] interim chief go on TV and tell everyone you are guilty the day after is bull [censored].

Are you saying you’re against prosecuting the handful of mistakes or criminal actions during police shootings that result in death?

What about this situation wasn’t a criminal act?

Have you watched the body cam footage?

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: 921 Phoenix] #13314834 10/17/19 08:19 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
The fort worth deal is bad no matter how you look at it, but it's the results of years of bad action by blacks against white officers. I really do not know how you fix that until black people police their own and make them accountable for their actions so every time they meet a officer, the office doesn't feel his/or her life is in danger. The officer can be any color and he/or she feels they may get shot by the young men and black people.

So she was shot, in your opinion, because the cop was afraid of black people? Is this really the justification you want out there?

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314851 10/17/19 08:30 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I've said three times now, prosecution under the law is fine with me!! But follow the GD law! Bet your [censored] if Guyer case goes to the CCA it's coming back. Just follow the law, it's not supposed to be subjective

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: 921 Phoenix] #13314853 10/17/19 08:31 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C

no we shouldn't stop prosecuting murder cases. I doubt you could get a murder conviction on a case like the FW case anyway, maybe manslaughter at best. I think it should be investigated same as with anyone else. We shouldn't change it up just because we are worried about a riot tho. I do think media and 24 hour news changes things tho. I wonder how many times a police officer is called out in fort worth along. Then how many times officers have to pull their gun and how many times they actually shoot the gun. You then take the number of times it turns out bad and we still have a good system. I don't think anyone wants a bad outcome on any of this but it does happen with the human factor. I do not think you can stop that with training, maybe slow it down. The climate the officers have to do their job in is bad in this day. I would not be a cop under these circumstances. People try to blame everything on racism. That makes it even worse. A black man can rob a store and then attack a cop and nearly knock his eye out. He gets shot for his decisions and they will try and burn the town down and blame every white person out there. They never blame the black man for his actions of robbing and attacking white people JUST because they are white. They call white people racist.

Uhm, we did this until the Jim Crow laws. It sounds like you’re calling segregation back.

Last edited by Coach Hark; 10/17/19 08:32 PM.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314866 10/17/19 08:40 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T

no, you should stop charging with murder when you know GD well it does not meet the statutory definition just because it placates the sheep..

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13314877 10/17/19 08:51 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I've said three times now, prosecution under the law is fine with me!! But follow the GD law! Bet your [censored] if Guyer case goes to the CCA it's coming back. Just follow the law, it's not supposed to be subjective

Thank you, and I know you’ve said it three times. What about this makes you think they aren’t following the law by charging him with murder?

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: 921 Phoenix] #13314882 10/17/19 08:56 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

So I'll flip it, how many interactions do police have with black people that go perfectly well, 99.9 percent I'm betting. The police are gonna blame the shooting people on fear of black people when most go fine but want a pass when they shoot someone on fear from the tiny percentage. And the concept of black people need to police their own is unbelievable. There are plenty of white people that could use policeing too.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314884 10/17/19 08:59 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
You will NEVER hear a policeman say he did anything out of fear of any race...bet

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13314885 10/17/19 09:01 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
You will NEVER hear a policeman say he did anything out of fear of any race...bet

I hope not. I don’t understand what Phoenix was going after there.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314889 10/17/19 09:06 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Read this....African American Harvard professor...."most shocking result of my career" LEO less likely to shoot AA suspects.

https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314891 10/17/19 09:09 PM
T Bird Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Still believe Manslaughter should be the charge. Same as I did in the Guyger case.

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314892 10/17/19 09:09 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
"Using data from Houston, Texas – where we have both officer-involved shootings and a
randomly chosen set of potential interactions with police where lethal force may have been justified –
we find, after controlling for suspect demographics, officer demographics, encounter characteristics,
suspect weapon and year fixed effects, that blacks are 27.4 percent less likely to be shot at by police
relative to non-black, non-Hispanics. This coefficient is measured with considerable error and not
statistically significant. This result is remarkably robust across alternative empirical specifications
and subsets of the data. Partitioning the data in myriad ways, we find no evidence of racial
discrimination in officer involved shootings. Investigating the intensive margin – the timing of
shootings or how many bullets were discharged in the endeavor – there are no detectable racial
differences"

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314895 10/17/19 09:15 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
remember when I said the "epidemic of violence in american was a lie?"

[Linked Image]

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314896 10/17/19 09:16 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
please note all of those lines are going down soap

and do you know who is killing all of those black males? I promise it is not the police, it is other black males, like in the 90% range. But racism in america is rampant right? Just watch CNN, they will tell you.

I was way underselling the number of arrests earlier....it was 8.2 MILLION in 2017....that is just ARRESTS, not total contacts. How many officers [censored] up and got on the news? 20? 50? Do you see what I am getting at yet?

Last edited by txmasterpo; 10/17/19 09:24 PM.

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314901 10/17/19 09:22 PM
T
ToasterWEyes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Truth.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314924 10/17/19 09:42 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
So the FW cop shot the old white man pointing a gun at them in his garage got no billed and never went to trial. But this cop shot a black woman that was pointing a gun at him and he's a horrible murderer and needs the death penalty.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13314927 10/17/19 09:46 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
please note all of those lines are going down soap

and do you know who is killing all of those black males? I promise it is not the police, it is other black males, like in the 90% range. But racism in america is rampant right? Just watch CNN, they will tell you.

I was way underselling the number of arrests earlier....it was 8.2 MILLION in 2017....that is just ARRESTS, not total contacts. How many officers [censored] up and got on the news? 20? 50? Do you see what I am getting at yet?

I never disagreed with you that there were only a handful of bad shoots per year by law enforcement. I don’t see what you’re getting at or who this is even directed at. Phoenix? WAWI? Me?

I’ve seen the data and I agree it’s rare, but I don’t understand what point you’re making or whom you’re making it to.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 10/17/19 09:47 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13314929 10/17/19 09:47 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
So the FW cop shot the old white man pointing a gun at them in his garage got no billed and never went to trial. But this cop shot a black woman that was pointing a gun at him and he's a horrible murderer and needs the death penalty.

Bingo!

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: buda13] #13314932 10/17/19 09:51 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Bingo!

Times have changed since obama turned the public against the police.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Chris B] #13314933 10/17/19 09:53 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Bingo!

Times have changed since obama turned the public against the police.

There is no doubt about that.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314934 10/17/19 09:54 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I can't talk to you Duck....truly...it just makes me want to punch you in the crotch

Walt Whitman
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314935 10/17/19 09:55 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
One thing is for sure, there’s definitely no African-American phobia in this thread. Not, I’m astounded by some replies in 2019, some sound like it’s the 60’s. My point is take the cops ethnicity and the woman’s ethnicity out of the equation. Say they were both Korean, he was still in the wrong.

Last edited by Coach Hark; 10/17/19 10:10 PM.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314948 10/17/19 10:07 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Does anyone have a chart showing the rate of cop crotch punching trends over the last forty years? I can’t find one.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: txmasterpo] #13314962 10/17/19 10:22 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I can't talk to you Duck....truly...it just makes me want to punch you in the crotch

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13314965 10/17/19 10:23 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
TXmasterpo...I’m sorry to hear that. Seriously.

I enjoy discussing things. I wish you wouldn’t take everything so hard and tap out. It’s just discussion. No hard feelings.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide