Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Fort Worth's turn #13309934 10/13/19 12:44 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
A black Texas woman was shot and killed by a white Fort Worth police officer who was called to the woman's home for a welfare check, authorities said.

In a statement, the department said it received a call at 2:25 a.m. reporting an open front door at a residence. Responding officers searched the perimeter of the house and saw a person standing inside near the window, according to police.

"Perceiving a threat, the officer drew his duty weapon and fired one shot, striking the person inside the residence," the department stated. In body camera video released by police, two officers search the home from the outside with flashlights before one shouts, "Put your hands up, show me your hands." One shot is then fired through a window.

story

The people of fort worth don't normally riot, but who knows?

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13309951 10/13/19 01:10 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Maybe they should, ftw pd needs to get a handle on business. Maybe we all should have rioted when they shot the elderly white man in his own garage

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13309952 10/13/19 01:19 PM
Dognot Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
IDK, but I bet there are no hugs at this trial. I may be wrong though.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

โ€œHard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.โ€
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310014 10/13/19 02:45 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
7 shootings since June 1

this guy murdered that woman
did not identify his target at all

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310029 10/13/19 03:05 PM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
What is it with these shoot first cops? Is it poor training? Are they too scared to do their job? I totally get that there is more to this, and all of us arm chair cops and lawyers can pick this apart with the evidence the news puts out there, but it just seems a lot of these are still bad shoots after the trial and evidence is common knowledge. What is going to happen to the homeowner who gets shot at and missed by police in a situation he is not doing anything wrong in his own home, and then shoots and kills a cop in defense?

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310045 10/13/19 03:29 PM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Probably harder to make the correct choice at 2:25am in the morning. Going into a sketchy situation with limited knowledge of what you are facing.

I know at trial with all the evidence revealed in the light of day he is guilty, just saying.

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310061 10/13/19 03:45 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
And the story brings up a solid point, it was a welfare check cause the door was open. Maybe just maybe a knock on the door and yelling hello, police might have been a more appropriate response than a srt running outside house with flash lights. Wake me up creeping around my house in middle of night outside or any of you I bet we could end up either shot or shooting someone.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310075 10/13/19 03:58 PM
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Bunkeroid Bob
B
The Dallas situation was an effed up deal, this is an effed up deal. Could it be the Police Departments are lowering the bar for entry into the Police Force or speeding up the training wrecklessly to fill empty positions. Who in the hell would want to be a Police Officer today with the hatred and disrespect shown to them? You have to have nerves and convictions of steel to be an officer today. God bless anyone that chooses this profession in my book. The deck is stacked against you by the media and the population at large.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13310079 10/13/19 04:00 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by WAWI
And the story brings up a solid point, it was a welfare check cause the door was open. Maybe just maybe a knock on the door and yelling hello, police might have been a more appropriate response than a srt running outside house with flash lights. Wake me up creeping around my house in middle of night outside or any of you I bet we could end up either shot or shooting someone.

I called on me neighbor once. No one died. I'm happy with our PD.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310092 10/13/19 04:23 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Gotta love how they start the article with the race of those involved. Also stood out he had been employed tgere just 18 months. If he were an officer elsewhere prior to FW he still would of had to go through FWPD academy. I know its a fairly rigorous academy and a good amount do not make it.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bob Davis] #13310145 10/13/19 05:26 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
The Dallas situation was an effed up deal, this is an effed up deal. Could it be the Police Departments are lowering the bar for entry into the Police Force or speeding up the training wrecklessly to fill empty positions. Who in the hell would want to be a Police Officer today with the hatred and disrespect shown to them? You have to have nerves and convictions of steel to be an officer today. God bless anyone that chooses this profession in my book. The deck is stacked against you by the media and the population at large.

Nobody is saying dont appreciate the police, respect the police, it's not a hard job etc. The reality is there have been 3 presumably innocent people shot in their own homes by police in the last few years that I can think of off the top of my head, then the poor lady shot while the office was shooting at a dog. The officer firing into the high school kids car, these are in the metroplex alone. Some outrage over the loss of innocent life should be expected

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13310718 10/14/19 12:49 AM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
This will not end well.

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13310721 10/14/19 12:51 AM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Nobody is saying dont appreciate the police, respect the police, it's not a hard job etc. The reality is there have been 3 presumably innocent people shot in their own homes by police in the last few years that I can think of off the top of my head, then the poor lady shot while the office was shooting at a dog. The officer firing into the high school kids car, these are in the metroplex alone. Some outrage over the loss of innocent life should be expected

and APD
will not talk about
the dog shooter
messed up stuff

Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13310789 10/14/19 01:47 AM
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Bunkeroid Bob
B

No, I didn't say anyone here reading my message disrespects Police, but every news channel and paper talks about Police getting shot, spit on, thrown water on, called pigs etc. I hear ya on the screw ups in these 3 cases you mentioned. I think they are having a hard time filling positions and lowering the bar or something.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Fort Worth's turn [Re: WAWI] #13310802 10/14/19 02:00 AM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"

Sad state of affairs. It surprises me that sweeping the leg is not used more often, at this point.

Don't worry about the mule, just load the cart
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide