texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,008
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,323
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,878
Posts13,954,690
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 23 of 32 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 31 32
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13295931 09/28/19 07:37 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
its one reason I choose to NOT carry a weapon. I wouldn't want to accidently murder someone or blow my knee off. My buddy bought a truck with a gapping hole in the front of the door.
A sheriff quickly and quietly traded it in after almost taking his knee out and he had been carrying for 30 yrs.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13295947 09/28/19 08:08 PM
G
Gourdbuster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
I wonder, if Amber Guyger had been in any other profession, and this exact same scenario had played out. Would Botham Jean be dead?

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
We're all part of the same compost heap.
We're the all singing, all dancing [censored] of the world.”

-Chuck Palahniuk

Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13295952 09/28/19 08:11 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
I wonder if Botham Jean walked into Amber Guyger's apartment and shot her dead would cause some to look at the case differently. He might not have realized it wasn't his place.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: txmasterpo] #13295953 09/28/19 08:12 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by barndoor
It almost like people are saying the victim is wrong from getting up and inquiring about who is walking in HIS house. Since it is HIS house, he does not have to retreat.

I think you can remove the first three words of your first sentence and it would be accurate.

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
I guarantee if you went through a high level shoot - don't shoot simulator 90% of you would fail miserably.....you're continually ignoring what the law says because "you feel, or you think" it should be this or that. The law is the law, period. You don't get to ignore it because it's not going to punish her enough.

What law allows for any person, let alone a trained professional, to make her series of mistakes and shoot an innocent man in his own apartment? Whatever law it is, if there is one, is terrible and should be removed from the books.

Also, did you know she took eight hours of de-escalation training that, according to the prosecutor, states that she should not have entered the apartment and instead should have backed out and called for backup? She testified that she didn’t remember that.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article235512537.html

Guyger took eight hours of de-escalation training in April before shooting Botham Jean, according to evidence presented by Jason Hermus, Dallas County prosecutor.

Hermus suggested that Guyger used none of the de-escalation training she received during her encounter with Jean. Hermus asked Guyger if she had changed any of the ways that she did business after taking the de-escalation training.

“Do you remember them saying take advantage of time so that additional resources can be routed to you?” Hermus asked.

“I don’t remember,” Guyger said. “It’s been awhile since I took that class.”

After mistakenly opening the door to Jean’s apartment, Guyger had choices, Hermus pointed out during his cross-examination.

“Your options were go in and find the threat or wait outside and call for backup?” Hermus asked. “Your training says that to maximize your safety, do not go inside that apartment. For your safety, you should have taken a position of cover and concealment and called for help.”

Guyger said that she could have.

Hermus said that backup, SWAT units, would have been to her location in two minutes, and Guyger indicated that they would have.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article235512537.html#storylink=cpy

[Linked Image]
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: Gourdbuster] #13295958 09/28/19 08:18 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Gourdbuster
I wonder, if Amber Guyger had been in any other profession, and this exact same scenario had played out. Would Botham Jean be dead?

Excellent question

I think about the same thing when I see ex-military people twist off and kill people. Would they have been that good of a killing machine if they hadn’t had the training

[Linked Image]

Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: Gourdbuster] #13295959 09/28/19 08:18 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C

Exact same scenario, including that she would be carrying mace, a taser, and a hand gun?

[Linked Image]
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: CCTX] #13295966 09/28/19 08:29 PM
G
Gourdbuster Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by CCTX

Exact same scenario, including that she would be carrying mace, a taser, and a hand gun?

Obviously not.

“You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
We're all part of the same compost heap.
We're the all singing, all dancing [censored] of the world.”

-Chuck Palahniuk

Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13295977 09/28/19 08:47 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Then it’s not the exact same scenario
If she’s not carrying the handgun, he’d be alive

Most people would not enter that door with weapons ready.

Most people getting home to an apartment with an unexpectedly open door would wait outside for a long time listening for anything unusual. Then call the home phone number to see if anyone answered. Then call the apartment office to see if there was maintenance service. Then maybe ring the doorbell or knock loudly on the door.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: barndoor] #13295979 09/28/19 08:50 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
It almost like people are saying the victim is wrong from getting up and inquiring about who is walking in HIS house. Since it is HIS house, he does not have to retreat.

I think you can remove the first three words of your first sentence and it would be accurate.

I know. bang Somehow his rights were transferred over to her.

Because she made a mistake...his rights became her rights. His life was forfeit...ooops I thought this was my place. Wait there, let me make a few calls.

Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: Sawhorse] #13295987 09/28/19 08:53 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by TexasBlonde
My problem is she is a cop and the first thing she should have noticed was HER STUFF WAS NOT IN THIS APARTMENT!

HER STUFF WAS NOT IN THE APARTMENT! It was not the couch and dinette that is in her apartment so how can you claim with a straight face that you thought it was your home?

I can understand all of it. Much of what you addressed can be explained by understanding how the brain works. It prioritizes certain functions over other functions...it has to make choices. She most likely couldn’t have noticed any of the things you mention. She was too vested in her mistaken assumption.

If you listened to her testimony, her all-in belief was that it was her apartment. She was 100% vested in that belief. As such, she found herself awakened from auto-pilot mode and instantaneously thrust into a “an intruder is in my apartment” situation. Her brain was trying to help her navigate an extremely volatile/dangerous situation, focused on preserving her life...it was already dialed-in to “fight or flight” mode.

Any channels for processing non-essential (as determined by the brain) information would be closed...or perhaps cleared and made exclusively available for achieving the unconscious “stay alive” objective. Tunnel vision to the nth degree. And in her testimony, she mentioned being aware of the things you mention...but only well after she had shot him. And then she described it and mentioned “being confused”. She almost seemed still confused...almost like “how did this happen?”

Not only is it plausible...it’s +/- not a whole lot of exactly how our brains are wired to work. To me, the crux of this case is in that one phrase she said on the tape, and she said it over and over and over and over...almost as though it was only her brain talking - “I thought it was my apartment”.

. Sawhorse, you should be defending this lady! I move for mistrial based on insufficient representation if sawhorse isn’t immediately added to the legal team.

Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: leethefishking] #13295994 09/28/19 09:02 PM
T
tech Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
T
you have to know this was a big mistake, no one has shown where she had motive to kill. She did not go there to kill him. The rug, her being a cop, or anything else really doesn't matter. she should be punished for her mistake, whatever that may be according to the law.

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13295996 09/28/19 09:03 PM
T
tech Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
T

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: junbengreat] #13295999 09/28/19 09:09 PM
T
txmasterpo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by junbengreat
I guarantee if you went through a high level shoot - don't shoot simulator 90% of you would fail miserably.....you're continually ignoring what the law says because "you feel, or you think" it should be this or that. The law is the law, period. You don't get to ignore it because it's not going to punish her enough.

Would we have to walk into a wrong apartment in this simulator? If she doesn’t walk into the wrong apartment a person wouldn’t be dead. She is 100% liable and deserves 100% of the consequence

I never said otherwise....but her actions were based on her beliefs at that moment. But I have always agreed with manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide because that's what the penal code says

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13296001 09/28/19 09:14 PM
T
txmasterpo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
Not answering any more stupid [censored] questions either....some [censored] sure keyboard boys up in here.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Lets solve this Guyger thing... Justice OT STYLE [Re: txmasterpo] #13296006 09/28/19 09:21 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Not answering any more stupid [censored] questions either....some [censored] sure keyboard boys up in here.

It's just a thread on the fishing forum. The real trial is downtown. We are opinionated and would never be chosen for the trial. She's in good hands with a bumbling prosecutor and an inspector who does not believe she is guilty.

Page 23 of 32 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 31 32
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide