Page 1 of 2 1 2
BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. #13280061 09/13/19 08:41 PM
B
Bryan O' Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Looks like they are going back to Orange. The park is great for the weigh-in, but the fishing has been pretty weak compared to what Sam or T-Bend could offer. Orange must be ponying a bunch of cash to get them there. Just don't get it. They don't get to show-off the sport beyond the weigh-in. The anglers scatter from Clear Lake to Lake Charles, Jasper to Bridge City. Would sure rather see them fish Rayburn, T-Bend, even Livingston (just not Conroe!). Oh well, good weigh-ins.

Bryan O'
Total Recreation Products Inc.
Commercial Park and Playground Products and Services
totalrecreation.net
Ranger Z521c 250ProXS V8
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Bryan O'] #13280123 09/13/19 09:44 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Yep. The City of Orange or some other county committee must pay them a bunch. Not only did the fishing suck last time they were there, a good many pros sustained some pretty major damage to their boats. Glad I don't have to put my boat into that salty stumpy mess. Always wondered how long those bass boat trailers last after being dunked in that salt water. Also, the last time they were there the Louisiana waters were very restricted. Not sure but I believe that will still be the case. They have some major waterway rights issues in that state. One thing is for sure, it isn't a very good representation of true Texas bass fishing.

Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Bryan O'] #13280135 09/13/19 09:56 PM
gillom Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Bassmaster article said they added some fishable water to hopefully increase weights. I don't know though... any river I know in Texas in June is not fun to fish. By that time Salt is creeping further up the river.

Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Bryan O'] #13280299 09/14/19 12:30 AM
BrockstaRama Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I wish they would go to Caddo. Id be interested to see how big the bass they catch would be

When I am not fishing I am thinking about fishing. And mostly what I should have done differently my last trip!
#Brockstarama
Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: BrockstaRama] #13280344 09/14/19 01:33 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
I wish they would go to Caddo. Id be interested to see how big the bass they catch would be
Completely agreed! That would be an interesting tournament. Shreveport close enough to “host” it though?

Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: 361V] #13280353 09/14/19 01:41 AM
M
mudd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by 361V
Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
Completely agreed! That would be an interesting tournament. Shreveport close enough to “host” it though?

That won’t ever happen. Caddo fishes really small for the size of it. We have 100 boat deals and 75 are in sight of each other at times. Far as big bass Caddo hasn’t really produced this year like many would have thought.

93 Ranger 482vs
95 Bullet 20cc

Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Bryan O'] #13280375 09/14/19 02:08 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I like watching the events on teh Sabine. I realize I'm probably in the minority but I love river systems.

Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13280376 09/14/19 02:08 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Yep. The City of Orange or some other county committee must pay them a bunch. Not only did the fishing suck last time they were there, a good many pros sustained some pretty major damage to their boats. Glad I don't have to put my boat into that salty stumpy mess. Always wondered how long those bass boat trailers last after being dunked in that salt water. Also, the last time they were there the Louisiana waters were very restricted. Not sure but I believe that will still be the case. They have some major waterway rights issues in that state. One thing is for sure, it isn't a very good representation of true Texas bass fishing.

It's only unsafe if you take chances running where you aren't supposed to. As far as salt water issues, most of the places where the good fishing is completely fresh. Guys will be running 30-40 miles+ especially if someone goes to clear lake. Of course the fishing would be better at Rayburn or Toledo but I'm glad they challenge the anglers. Flw is going to Rayburn anyways. I'd rather watch them figure out the Sabine than have to watch a drop shot fest on Lanier or similar deep spot lake

Also they won't be fishing in Louisiana.

Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: gillom] #13280439 09/14/19 03:38 AM
B
Bayou Burner Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by gillom
Bassmaster article said they added some fishable water to hopefully increase weights. I don't know though... any river I know in Texas in June is not fun to fish. By that time Salt is creeping further up the river.

Not with all the rain events here in the past few years-Believe it or not, those Bass can thrive in that brackish water.

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

John Wayne

ADHAERO VIRTUTI
Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13280919 09/14/19 09:38 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

[/quote]It's only unsafe if you take chances running where you aren't supposed to. As far as salt water issues, most of the places where the good fishing is completely fresh. Guys will be running 30-40 miles+ especially if someone goes to clear lake. Of course the fishing would be better at Rayburn or Toledo but I'm glad they challenge the anglers. Flw is going to Rayburn anyways. I'd rather watch them figure out the Sabine than have to watch a drop shot fest on Lanier or similar deep spot lake

Also they won't be fishing in Louisiana. [/quote]

***Agree 100% and they always catch some nice ones. For fun fishing, it can be an amazing and beautiful trip to enjoy nature and catch a lot of feisty river bass.

Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Mark Perry] #13280944 09/14/19 10:05 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I like watching the events on teh Sabine. I realize I'm probably in the minority but I love river systems.

I'm with you Mark. I love them going back to sabine.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Bryan O'] #13281081 09/15/19 12:53 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
I'm not sure this time. I think this will be the worst event yet. Just been super tough and all the rain and high water hasn't helped. Plus in june, could be REALLY tough. After the last event the system has taken a lot more pressure than ever and really cleared out a bunch of stuff.

Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Bryan O'] #13283419 09/17/19 04:33 AM
P
PhishWhisperer Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
I live in Orange and have fished the Sabine River for the last 29 years. It has fished better the last two or three years than ever before. Both weight and numbers are very good. On a day-trip by myself week before last I boated 50 bass. No giants this trip, but I have caught five-pounders on other trips. I'm not inclined to drive to TB to catch maybe 7 or 8 fish that might not be any larger than I could catch around home.

I rode as marshal during the first two Elite tournaments on the Sabine. On the second tournament I drew KVD and Todd Faircloth! I felt they ran too far to find fish!!!

My only concern is that I have noticed a recent decline in size, and I'm wondering if the summertime evening tournaments are killing those larger fish due to weighin stress.

So, from my perspective...Don't bother to fish the Sabine. No fish! Stumps everywhere! You would have to boat to Burkeville to find fish! You would hate it!

Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: PhishWhisperer] #13283679 09/17/19 02:09 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by PhishWhisperer
I live in Orange and have fished the Sabine River for the last 29 years. It has fished better the last two or three years than ever before. Both weight and numbers are very good. On a day-trip by myself week before last I boated 50 bass. No giants this trip, but I have caught five-pounders on other trips. I'm not inclined to drive to TB to catch maybe 7 or 8 fish that might not be any larger than I could catch around home.

I rode as marshal during the first two Elite tournaments on the Sabine. On the second tournament I drew KVD and Todd Faircloth! I felt they ran too far to find fish!!!

My only concern is that I have noticed a recent decline in size, and I'm wondering if the summertime evening tournaments are killing those larger fish due to weighin stress.

So, from my perspective...Don't bother to fish the Sabine. No fish! Stumps everywhere! You would have to boat to Burkeville to find fish! You would hate it!

Where are most of these tournaments out of?

Last edited by Jarrett Latta; 09/17/19 02:09 PM.
Re: BASS back to Orange / Sabine River. [Re: Bryan O'] #13283948 09/17/19 05:40 PM
L
lukemcfarlane16 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
There is a tournament every Tuesday evening from April until August. Most of the fish weighed in in the last two years have been coming from water that will be off limits to the bassmasters. If they were able to fish LA you would see the highest weights for any tournament they have had on the sabine and it wouldn't be close. With all of the fresh water we have been getting the LA marsh around blacks bayou has taken off and many 15-20lb bags have been caught. A few even in the 25lb range. The texas side of the sabine has really been struggling but these guys will find them somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide