Print Thread
Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 #13273372 09/07/19 07:11 PM
O
ottfamilyfarms Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O
Does anyone have recommendations for a person/shop that can clean fuel injectors on a Yamaha F150 in the DFW area hopefully near Lake Lewisville? Thanks

Any day on the water is a good day!

Russell Ott
940-206-9322
russellaott@gmail.com
Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 [Re: ottfamilyfarms] #13273392 09/07/19 07:25 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
There is a youtube video that shows you how and it's very detailed if you're willing to try. Not that hard. Other than that the only mechanics I'd recommend work for Rockwall Marine.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 [Re: ottfamilyfarms] #13274136 09/08/19 11:42 AM
Gamblinman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Cleaning is only one part of injector service. Let an expert with the proper equipment service your injectors.

http://www.brucatofis.com/

Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 [Re: ottfamilyfarms] #13275068 09/09/19 12:44 PM
B
boatman025 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
We can clean them and check your motor out were in Wylie

Hughes Marine
3855 Osage Lane
Wylie ,Texas
Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 [Re: ottfamilyfarms] #13275731 09/10/19 12:24 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by ottfamilyfarms
Does anyone have recommendations for a person/shop that can clean fuel injectors on a Yamaha F150 in the DFW area hopefully near Lake Lewisville? Thanks

You can buy new ones for dirt cheap too! Mitsubishi Eclipse injectors are the same part part number. I bough a set of four on amazon for $80. They are an exact match for the factory ones. Now I just swap out a clean set every year as routine maintenance. I then clean the old set at my leasure for the next time.

Fuel injector cleaning is probably the second highest profit profession in the world, right behind a marijuana dispensary.

Don’t believe the hype about the “flow testing, pattern matching,staggered spectrum perfect stuff”. They either dribble when clogged or atomize a fine mist when they are clean enough.

I may be lucky though. I have a 2003 Yamaha F150 that’s been used 3-5 days a week since new.

Edit.....it almost takes more time to remove the cowling and find a place to set it down, than it takes to swap four injectors on that motor. It’s two 13mm retaining bolts and four plugs. Anything else, as for maintenance on that motor, takes much longer to accomplish.

Last edited by SteezMacQueen; 09/10/19 12:31 AM.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13277972 09/12/19 12:09 AM
M
Matt M Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

You can buy new ones for dirt cheap too! Mitsubishi Eclipse injectors are the same part part number. I bough a set of four on amazon for $80. They are an exact match for the factory ones. Now I just swap out a clean set every year as routine maintenance. I then clean the old set at my leasure for the next time.

Fuel injector cleaning is probably the second highest profit profession in the world, right behind a marijuana dispensary.

Don’t believe the hype about the “flow testing, pattern matching,staggered spectrum perfect stuff”. They either dribble when clogged or atomize a fine mist when they are clean enough.

I may be lucky though. I have a 2003 Yamaha F150 that’s been used 3-5 days a week since new.

Edit.....it almost takes more time to remove the cowling and find a place to set it down, than it takes to swap four injectors on that motor. It’s two 13mm retaining bolts and four plugs. Anything else, as for maintenance on that motor, takes much longer to accomplish.

Run those cheap injectors side by side OEM injectors is a flow machine and you will see why they are cheap

Matts Marine Service
903-450-3539
Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 [Re: ottfamilyfarms] #13277976 09/12/19 12:11 AM
M
Matt M Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I send mine to John Mosati in Arlington to clean all mine he will actually clean them and not just buzz them through the machine and replace the basket filters and call them clean. And he will not send them back until they are perfect he does take longer but it’s right when it’s done.

Matts Marine Service
903-450-3539
Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 [Re: Matt M] #13277978 09/12/19 12:15 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Matt M

Run those cheap injectors side by side OEM injectors is a flow machine and you will see why they are cheap

These “cheap” injectors are identical. Make, model, color, everything. $20 each. So, that said, if the injectors are the exact same part, does the cost effect the performance?
sarcastic

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13279272 09/13/19 02:11 AM
M
Matt M Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Matt M

These “cheap” injectors are identical. Make, model, color, everything. $20 each. So, that said, if the injectors are the exact same part, does the cost effect the performance?
sarcastic

Cost can effect performance when the flow rate and spray patterns are completely different just because they look identical down not mean they are internally the same. I have seen side by side videos of a cheap knockoff injector and a OEM or even a quality aftermarket running in a injector machine and it’s a night and day difference...........

They may make it run but when a cylinder goes lean and it melts a hole in a piston that cheap injector just got really expensive.

Matts Marine Service
903-450-3539
Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors Yamaha F150 [Re: ottfamilyfarms] #13279540 09/13/19 01:02 PM
B
boatman025 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Matt good point

Hughes Marine
3855 Osage Lane
Wylie ,Texas
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread