texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
twa1987, Charles Dinwiddie, DallasDawg75, picklegreen, ynotfish
115964 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 104,520
hopalong 100,156
Pilothawk 81,267
John175☮ 80,010
Bigbob_FTW 76,279
JDavis7873 67,408
Derek 🐝 67,024
Mark Perry 64,070
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,157,297
Posts15,826,535
Members140,964
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Marc K] #13269375 09/03/19 10:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,309
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,309
Originally Posted by Marc on Cedar Creek
Get ready for accident/injury reports from boaters when their prop instantly stopped turning while at speed, because they reached a little too far......

If you lean over that far at speed I would be willing to bet there is alcohol involved. My lanyard is standard length and when hooked to my life vest I can stand up and it not disconnect.

Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: RedRanger] #13275582 09/09/19 09:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 213
E
eyeball Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
E
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by RedRanger
What's next requiring seat belts in boats for the driver?

No motors on boats. Global warming you know.


Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer.
Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: TxRanger1] #13275588 09/09/19 10:03 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 213
E
eyeball Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
E
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by TxRanger1
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
to be clear, my boat was not manufactured with one. I'm still good?

No


Yes. "....26 ft in length and equipped by the manufacturer with one...."


Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer.
Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: eyeball] #13275605 09/09/19 10:17 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,452
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,452
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by TxRanger1
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
to be clear, my boat was not manufactured with one. I'm still good?

No


Yes. "....26 ft in length and equipped by the manufacturer with one...."



Confusing, please clarify.


Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Capt Craig] #13275670 09/09/19 11:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 21,752
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 21,752
I've been putting a velcro deal on my ankle and clipping it to that while I'm cruising down the lake at 10 mph in the pontoon. It's annoying, but I guess I'll get used to it.


The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Capt Craig] #13275686 09/09/19 11:39 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,922
B
boocat Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,922
it is what it is ,,,, shut up

Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: boocat] #13275699 09/09/19 11:56 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 521
W
wgpj Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
W
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 521
Texas law does not require the retrofitting of any vessel that has not come equipped with an ECOS. This does not allow for someone to remove the ECOS if the vessel was originally equipped.

Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Capt Craig] #13321102 10/24/19 03:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
P
Paul Petani Offline
Green Horn
Offline
Green Horn
P
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Hello Capt. Copeland,

Full disclosure I work for FELL Marine the makers of the wireless system known as the MOB+. We work closely with the Texas DNR and I called their offices to clarify wireless operation and if passengers are required to wear FOBS as well, as this is mentioned in the text. The answer came back that only the boat operator is required to wear the wireless lanyard and that is how they are enforcing it. They have updated their vessel requirements as shown on this web page:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat/safety/vessel_requirements/index.phtml

Text from web page
"Texas law requires the operator to properly attach the lanyard or wireless attachment, as appropriate for the specific motorboat, to the operator's body or to the clothing or personal flotation device being worn by the operator."

We appreciate you bringing this matter to everyone's attention.

Thank You,
Paul Petani

Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Capt Craig] #13322213 10/25/19 04:19 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,138
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,138
I see a 26' bas boat coming out in the near future LOL

Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Paul Petani] #13322234 10/25/19 04:47 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 139
Boomerbrewer Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 139
Originally Posted by Paul Petani
Hello Capt. Copeland,

Full disclosure I work for FELL Marine the makers of the wireless system known as the MOB+. We work closely with the Texas DNR and I called their offices to clarify wireless operation and if passengers are required to wear FOBS as well, as this is mentioned in the text. The answer came back that only the boat operator is required to wear the wireless lanyard and that is how they are enforcing it. They have updated their vessel requirements as shown on this web page:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat/safety/vessel_requirements/index.phtml

Text from web page
"Texas law requires the operator to properly attach the lanyard or wireless attachment, as appropriate for the specific motorboat, to the operator's body or to the clothing or personal flotation device being worn by the operator."

We appreciate you bringing this matter to everyone's attention.

Thank You,
Paul Petani



I installed a MOB+ on my boat a few months back. It was pretty easy and I like it so far. Nice not to worry about the lanyards.


2013 Glasstream 221 Center Console 150 Merc.
Helix 10, Helix 9 mega SI x2, Garmin 9sv + livescope
Terrova Ipilot Link 36v 105ah Lithium, 12v 160a Lithium Aux
Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Larry Mosby] #13322342 10/25/19 06:53 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,161
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,161
Originally Posted by Larry Mosby
I see some guys being off the water until the have a kill switch installed or do it themselves.

Why? If it didn't come with one. They don't need one

Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Capt Craig] #13339377 11/12/19 01:22 AM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 576
MurraynTx Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 576
I keep mine attached at all times and like the law BUT what about when putting boat on trailer? I fish alone most of the time and have to get out and back the trailer in.

Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Capt Craig] #13340534 11/13/19 01:51 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,365
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,365
I like it. It is forcing me to wear my PFD which is not a bad thing.

Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: MurraynTx] #13342156 11/14/19 05:55 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,452
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,452
Originally Posted by MurraynTx
I keep mine attached at all times and like the law BUT what about when putting boat on trailer? I fish alone most of the time and have to get out and back the trailer in.


Unhook it, hook it back up when you get back in the boat. Pretty simple.


Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: Kali's Law - starts September 1 [Re: Minner Bucket] #13344425 11/17/19 02:23 AM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13,492
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13,492
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
I like it. It is forcing me to wear my PFD which is not a bad thing.


I agree that wearing a PFD is a good idea, however, the law doesn’t require that a kill switch be used WITH a PFD. You can still pilot a boat while NOT wearing a PFD. The lanyard only needs to be afixxed to your person in a manner that it will work.


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2021 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3