Forums59
Topics1,038,939
Posts13,955,888
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: Happykamper] #13275060 09/09/19 12:36 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by patriot07
Really good game for the boys. Cooper, Dak, Cobb, and Gallup had the passing game on point. O-line looked good. Zeke was irrelevant.

Defense looked just OK, but Barkley has made more than few defenses look bad in his short time in the league. I agree that we'll know more after week 4, unless they don't start 3-0 (in which case we'll know more sooner than week 4).

I agree, and Zeke was irrelevant but he was probably the reason Dak was able to throw it all over the yard. They appear to be loaded but if that D don't take a big step it all will be irrelevant.

Possibly. I think it had as much to do with having 3 good receivers as Zeke's impact, although we'll never know. I don't know I've ever seen a Cowboys team in my life with more talent at WR. Their 3rd WR had 158 yards. But I'm sure the Giants D was keying on Zeke as well.

Zeke definitely didn't have much opportunity yesterday. I'm sure Jerry and Jason will give him a chance to earn that paycheck against some teams with better offenses. That's one reason they weren't too worried about putting a big workload on Zeke yesterday is that they weren't trying to keep it away from Eli they way they will be when Brees, Rodgers, and Brady come to town.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: junbengreat] #13275067 09/09/19 12:43 PM
T Bird Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Dallas D gives up 470 yards. That's concerning! shocked

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: patriot07] #13275087 09/09/19 01:04 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Really good game for the boys. Cooper, Dak, Cobb, and Gallup had the passing game on point. O-line looked good. Zeke was irrelevant.

Defense looked just OK, but Barkley has made more than few defenses look bad in his short time in the league. I agree that we'll know more after week 4, unless they don't start 3-0 (in which case we'll know more sooner than week 4).

I agree, and Zeke was irrelevant but he was probably the reason Dak was able to throw it all over the yard. They appear to be loaded but if that D don't take a big step it all will be irrelevant.

Possibly. I think it had as much to do with having 3 good receivers as Zeke's impact, although we'll never know. I don't know I've ever seen a Cowboys team in my life with more talent at WR. Their 3rd WR had 158 yards. But I'm sure the Giants D was keying on Zeke as well.

Zeke definitely didn't have much opportunity yesterday. I'm sure Jerry and Jason will give him a chance to earn that paycheck against some teams with better offenses. That's one reason they weren't too worried about putting a big workload on Zeke yesterday is that they weren't trying to keep it away from Eli they way they will be when Brees, Rodgers, and Brady come to town.

Plus the giants are awful in a 3 fazes of the game and a bottom 5 team in the NFL..... so there’s that.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: patriot07] #13275095 09/09/19 01:13 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

I was under the impression from what the team has said that Gallup is the #2 and Cobb is the #3.

Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: Happykamper] #13275099 09/09/19 01:16 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

After looking back a good bit of the Giants yards came in trash time when the game was out of hand. I also think perhaps they were just trying to get to the end of the game with no injuries or heat exhaustion. The lack of QB pressure was a little concerning but I don't think the overall performance of the defense was as bad as it looked.

Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: Mark Perry] #13275186 09/09/19 02:35 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I was under the impression from what the team has said that Gallup is the #2 and Cobb is the #3.
Is that right? Well then the #3 went 4-69 and a TD. Either way it looks real good for the boys.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: patriot07] #13275209 09/09/19 02:47 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Is that right? Well then the #3 went 4-69 and a TD. Either way it looks real good for the boys.

Just going off interviews with Garrett and such. Both are good and as long as they each get a few shots per game it will be great.

Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: junbengreat] #13275219 09/09/19 02:55 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Prescott perfect QBR

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: patriot07] #13275220 09/09/19 02:57 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Its going to be a pick your poison deal, this is why it is so important to have a balanced offense, there are too many weapons on offense to shut it down, only thing that could happen is if Dak does not play well, I really do not see that happening, he made more of a believer out of me as far as his passing goes, he about to be really rich.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: patriot07] #13275225 09/09/19 03:00 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R

Pretty close to 3 receivers over a 100yds.

Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: junbengreat] #13275228 09/09/19 03:02 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
How about a round of applause for Jon Kitna. I'm pretty sure he had a hand in Dak's improvement with accuracy, confidence and reads. Dak was getting the ball off quickly and to the open receiver. Best I've seen from him. clap

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: Happykamper] #13275234 09/09/19 03:09 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F

Its going to be a pick your poison deal, this is why it is so important to have a balanced offense, there are too many weapons on offense to shut it down, only thing that could happen is if Dak does not play well, I really do not see that happening, he made more of a believer out of me as far as his passing goes, he about to be really rich.

In 1 game against a bottom 5 team he made a believer out of you? I am a fan of Dak and hope he develops into an elite, but i need more than 1 game.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: Frank the Tank] #13275311 09/09/19 04:29 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
"More of a believer," I have always has confidence in him as a winner, just was not convinced on his passing skills, after yesterday he showed that he can pass well. If that defense gets to where most think it should this team is going to be very dangerous.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: junbengreat] #13275327 09/09/19 04:40 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
"In 1 game against a bottom 5 team he made a believer out of you? I am a fan of Dak and hope he develops into an elite, but i need more than 1 game."

You will need the whole season and then some. roflmao You hedge everything you post.

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Cowboys vs Giants Official Thread [Re: lconn4] #13275344 09/09/19 04:55 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by lconn4
"In 1 game against a bottom 5 team he made a believer out of you? I am a fan of Dak and hope he develops into an elite, but i need more than 1 game."

You will need the whole season and then some. roflmao You hedge everything you post.

AMEN !

Thus is the way of the troll !

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide