Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
3N | Summertime Fun! #13274197 09/08/19 01:49 PM
Three Nails Guide Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
[Linked Image]
I got the opportunity to fish with Harold and Claudia again, on Lake Palestine this time they brought there daughter Debbie along.

These two always book a trip with me when there in the Area. They have been on the road camping since this spring and I’m jealous.😂

These two really enjoy spending time with each other. And living life to the fullest. It’s always great when I get to see them.

Harold wanted to stock up on some crappie for the freezer. And that’s what this group did, not to mention the laughs and the smiles that went along with it.

Thanks for fishing with me again guys and Happy Anniversary. Hope it’s a blessed one.

We’re still on our same road picking fish out of submerged timber. 16 to 28 foot of water. With fish be suspended at 10 to 16 foot down.

Using BoneHead Tackle Stump Bugs in white lighting and night stick.

You can order these online at Bonehead Tackle or pick them up Creekside sports in Chandler Texas.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Another girls day out on Lake Palestine for some awesome crappie fishing!!!!

Irene booked another trip for her and her friend Susie. These two young ladies live in Louisiana and love to fish.

I think Irene loves it so much she would walk to Texas to go fishing.😂 After getting the livescope set up Susie caught the first two fish. After the second fish, she just looked at me says WOW that was fun!!!

These ladies kept me busy putting fish in the cooler all day. And that’s just the way I prefer and like it.

You can bet these girls will be putting on some mighty fine Fish fries in the days to come.

Thank you girls for fishing with me, I enjoyed having you as my guest.

The last four or five trips they have been biting a little better than normal.

Our pattern has been submerged timber in 18 to 28 foot of water. With the being suspended at 10 to 16 foot down. The Garmin Livescope makes this pattern of fishing very deadly.

If you like to Crappie fish and haven’t fished any East Texas lakes you are missing out. These lakes are some of the best lakes in the country hands-down. Especially for size and the numbers of big white crappie.

We are still fishing BoneHead Tackle Stump Bugs in white lighting and night stick. With a plan 1/8 once jig head.

We fish fast and stay on the move and cover water especially this time of year. I’m not a guide that’s going to set one one spot all day.

This is what makes us very successful in our trips.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If anybody is wondering this is what 23 pounds of solid Crappie fillets look like.😋

Here recently I’ve had a handful of clients come in from Louisiana to catch some Big East Slabs.

Marcus and his buddies Pat and Pee Wee drove from Lake Charles Louisiana to fish with me on Lake Palastine.

These guys Crappie fish all the time. So nothing new here but the lake.

I turned them loose, and it wasn’t long before I heard rods whipping in the wind from the hooks sets on some big slabs. These guys brought some of there Louisiana style to Texas to beat up on some massive slabs. And all where taken as prisoners.

Great guys to hang out with. Thank you guys for fishing with me.

Again fish caught on some submerged timber. I will continue to fish this pattern until it plays out if or when. There’s absolutely no reason to quit it. If it works leave it alone.

Fish are in 18 to 26 foot of water. Suspended 10 to 14 foot down in water column.

Jigs of choice have been BoneHead Stump Bugs in white lighting and night stick.

[Linked Image]

Well this trip had to be in my top 10 trips.

It’s trips like this at the end of it I slap myself. And ask myself did that just happen, or was I dreaming. And it’s clients like these two, that bless me make my job unbelievably awesome!!!

Evelyn got with me and wanted to book a trip on Lake Palestine, but she needed a partner so I found her Joe to fish with.

I don’t think these two could’ve found a better partner to fish with. Before we got out of the marina, I already knew this was gonna be a fun day. Whether we caught a fish or not.

These two where full with awesome personalities and both share a love for fishing what more could you ask for.

Joe told me it will take hours to get the smile off my face. From all the fun he had. I enjoyed Evelyn was a hoot to be around. She had me laughing so hard all day. Joe and I enjoyed listening to her fishing and deer hunting stories.

You don’t find many Young ladies like Evelyn around in today’s world. And I know for a fact, it would be a better world with more like her in it. Joe and I both we’re blessed to be able to share the boat with her. And we are looking forward to it again.

And to top it off Evelyn caught her personal best crappie a 1.80 pounds. Way to go girl!!!

This is one of them trips I will always remember. Thank you both for letting me be a part of your day.

We’re still holding on to are pattern of submerged timber in 18 to 28 foot of water. Fish are 10 to 14 foot down suspended.

Fish fast and stay on the move if you are playing the numbers game.

I’m probably the only Guide that uses only two colors of jigs all year.

BoneHead Tackle Stump Bugs in white lighting and night stick.

[Linked Image]

I’m going to do something a little different this time. I going to let my friend Efrem tell the story for this trip with him his mom Bettye and friend Bruce.

We had an awesome time and Bettye put a whooping on the big crappie. And I was giving the guys a hard time about it, and rubbing it in. Great day with great people and some big slabs.
[Linked Image]

“Spent some quality time with mom Bettye Morgan on the lake and took fishing buddy Bruce Strickland to Slab City! Turns out we went about 35 years back in time and my mom beat the [censored] out of me! We caught 58 but I think she caught about 40 of them... Being the good mother she is, she allowed me to sling a couple in the boat.

Thanks Mark Standridge for making sure my mom caught almost all the fish by putting her in the ONLY spots where fish were so Bruce and I could serve her water and food since we had nothing to do. Too bad I’ll never take her again until you both learn to share with us!”

Mark Standridge
3/N threenailsguide.com
903 275 4712

Mark Standridge
East Texas Crappie Guide
Fork Palestine
www.threenailsguide.com
www.facebook.com/threenailsguide
Re: 3N | Summertime Fun! [Re: Three Nails Guide] #13274279 09/08/19 03:28 PM
P
pop r Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Awesome post Mark! Thanks for sharing.

Re: 3N | Summertime Fun! [Re: Three Nails Guide] #13274420 09/08/19 06:51 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Awesome post and solid fish. Good job. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide