Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by K.D.

That’s false. The only info anyone has about what happened is from her. Read her arrest affidavit/statement.

https://www.scribd.com/document/388...t-for-Dallas-police-officer-Amber-Guyger

That’s the only story we have and it’s her words, as told to the Texas Rangers.

Undisputed facts:

She went to the wrong apartment
She shot the person who lives at the apartment

That’s what she says happened. That’s not media spin. That’s not hearsay. That’s what she said happened after she shot the renter of an apartment that she thought was hers.

And your point about the picture is asinine. He wasn’t a suspect. He wasn’t a criminal. This isn’t a Michael Brown situation where they’re trying to soften the image of person who was killed by police in the course of police business.

This was a guy who was shot because he was sitting on his couch and an off duty officer went to the wrong apartment. That’s not biased.

Give me a break.

I’m not taking sides one way or the other here. But if I were arguing the other side I would point out that this same document you say is her words (it’s clearly another persons recap of the interview) also says her key worked, the room was dark and that the person in the room did not respond to her commands. You don’t have a freeze button, you don’t get a do over and you don’t have slow motion. She had mere seconds to process what she knew at the time and take action. Yes it’s a tragedy.

We can armchair quarterback this for days. But the fact is that it will be in the hands of 12 to decide

Oh, and you missed my point about the picture. I wasn’t referring to him in the suit, I was referring to her in jail attire. You read the wrong side of that as well

It said the door was slightly ajar when she inserted her electronic key into the keyhole and the door fully opened. If you need me to quote it verbatim, I will, but I find it ridiculous I have to dispute that.

None of the rest of your drivel matters. She shot an unarmed man in his own apartment. It doesn’t matter why she did it. She did it.

It doesn’t matter that she was a cop. She shot an unarmed man in her apartment for due to no fault of the victim.

I suspect she will not be found guilty of murder. That doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be punished. Juries are unpredictable. The restrictions they’re under are sometimes too restrictive. Lawyers can get a favorable group of jurors or there might be a technicality. No one can predict these things.

Bottom line is, the media isn’t spinning anything. If you’re accusing the Texas Rangers of spinning this, which it sounds like you are, then come out with it.

We only have her version of the story, and that is that she killed a man in her own apartment because she had a long day and parked on the wrong floor.

That’s not OK. If it was anyone else in any other profession, she wouldn’t be defended like this.

Do you know how many people doctors kill annually homie??

Do you have anything relevant to add, “homie?”

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: Sawhorse] #13273097 09/07/19 01:51 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

If I was homie I wouldn’t really care about answering your question because it’s tone was borderline condescending.

If I did decide to answer, I would probably say, “I’m not exactly sure but it has to be less than the number of kids that choke to death on hot dogs each year”. I wouldn’t be really invested in this response, but that wouldn’t matter because my only goal would be to get you off my back.

It was 100% condescending. Worse, it was totally irrelevant. My point is that her profession should be taken out of any arguments saying she shouldn’t be punished.

I said it in my post - it doesn’t matter that she is a cop.

Take that out of it, because she wasn’t on duty and wasn’t acting in her capacity as a LEO. It is no different than any other person coming home from work.

Now what do you think? Does being tired allow you to shoot and kill someone in their own home because you made a mistake?

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13273160 09/07/19 03:18 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

If I was homie I wouldn’t really care about answering your question because it’s tone was borderline condescending.

If I did decide to answer, I would probably say, “I’m not exactly sure but it has to be less than the number of kids that choke to death on hot dogs each year”. I wouldn’t be really invested in this response, but that wouldn’t matter because my only goal would be to get you off my back.

It was 100% condescending. Worse, it was totally irrelevant. My point is that her profession should be taken out of any arguments saying she shouldn’t be punished.

I said it in my post - it doesn’t matter that she is a cop.

Take that out of it, because she wasn’t on duty and wasn’t acting in her capacity as a LEO. It is no different than any other person coming home from work.

Now what do you think? Does being tired allow you to shoot and kill someone in their own home because you made a mistake?

Agree 100% about her being LEO, not relavent, shouldn't be considered at all.

Last edited by fmrmbmlm; 09/07/19 03:21 PM. Reason: ADD
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: fouzman] #13273190 09/07/19 04:10 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
I must have missed it... where did someone say the media and Texas Rangers were spinning the story? Where did someone say her profession should be taken into consideration?

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: chickenman] #13273232 09/07/19 04:47 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by chickenman
Originally Posted by RedRanger
I wonder if she would of took a plea deal if they offered up manslaughter charges?.

She will get manslaughter. In my opinion, it was stupid and accidental.

Since the grand jury upped the charge on this to murder. The prosecutors must now prove it was planned and she intentionally killed Mr. Jean. Proving that is a high standard. I early on read an article by an experienced attorney who said this was the best charge for her as it is so difficult to prove. The Grand Jury either saw some proof that will come out until trial or it was politically motivated. My question to the well read is can the Judge in his charge to the jury offer up a finding of a lesser charge? It is not clear is at this time if she is charged with anything but murder.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: fouzman] #13273254 09/07/19 05:06 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
This wasn't a car "accident." Somebody pulled a gun, aimed, shot and killed another in an apartment that was not their own.

Pulling a gun and squeezing the trigger while aiming at a kill zone on another human is not accidental.

I can't fathom how we complicate such a simple series of facts. "Fatigued" defense would be a new one.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: fouzman] #13273256 09/07/19 05:07 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I think they had some form of connection or association. I could be wrong and will wait for the trial to play out.

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: JackMason] #13273299 09/07/19 05:58 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by jackmason
I must have missed it... where did someone say the media and Texas Rangers were spinning the story? Where did someone say her profession should be taken into consideration?

K.D. said that none of us have seen any evidence and all anyone knows is what the media has told us. This is not true, because I’ve read the Texas Rangers arrest warrant, which was written after interviewing Guyger. That’s not media spin, it’s straight from the Ranger’s arrest warrant.

https://www.scribd.com/document/388...t-for-Dallas-police-officer-Amber-Guyger

Murder, manslaugter or battery....i wonder how many of you see the irony that you have formed an opinion one way or the other. None of us has seen any evidence and all anyone knows is what the media has said. None of you pointing one way or the other are fair nor impartial by definition

How can you have an opinion yet?

Not all all. Its a fact the trial hasnt started

Its also a fact that the only info anyone has had to form an opinion is based on what the media has said

One person makes an example of the difference in the pictures released showing him in a suit and her in jail clothing...yet we still trust that same source to form our opinion?

Above are K.D.’s two posts about media spin. In response to the Ranger’s arrest warrant, here is what he said:

“I’m not taking sides one way or the other here. But if I were arguing the other side I would point out that this same document you say is her words (it’s clearly another persons recap of the interview) also says her key worked, the room was dark and that the person in the room did not respond to her commands. You don’t have a freeze button, you don’t get a do over and you don’t have slow motion. She had mere seconds to process what she knew at the time and take action. Yes it’s a tragedy.

We can armchair quarterback this for days. But the fact is that it will be in the hands of 12 to decide.”

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: fouzman] #13273302 09/07/19 06:02 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
The facts are in. Man shot and killed in his own apartment.

The defense is not.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: Mark Perry] #13273539 09/07/19 09:23 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I think they had some form of connection or association. I could be wrong and will wait for the trial to play out.

Totally, absolutely, 100% agree.

It wasn’t an accident. She went there to handle up on something. Period. That is why murder is the charge. Conveniently, she had the same apartment location, be it a different floor. That’s the quick excuse she came up with. The door was left open because he was expecting someone else. Not her.

All of this is simply my hypothesis. I believe that the simple explanation is usually the correct one.

Again.....she knew him. I’d bet money in it.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: John175☮] #13273544 09/07/19 09:25 PM
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I would be surprised if she is convicted of murder. DA should have left it at manslaughter!

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: fouzman] #13273644 09/07/19 10:46 PM
K.D. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Duck hunter...

You do realize that every single case that ever goes to trial has an arrest warrant, right?

If we took the arrest warrant as fact, would there ever be a reason for a trial? Would any one ever be found not guilty if we all just accepted the arrest warrant as fact?

Again, im just playing Devils Advocate here but we still need to have a trial before we decide guilt or innocence

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: K.D.] #13273664 09/07/19 11:01 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Duck hunter...

You do realize that every single case that ever goes to trial has an arrest warrant, right?

If we took the arrest warrant as fact, would there ever be a reason for a trial? Would any one ever be found not guilty if we all just accepted the arrest warrant as fact?

Again, im just playing Devils Advocate here but we still need to have a trial before we decide guilt or innocence

She admitted guilt. That’s the point. Whether it was a mistake because she was exhausted or cover for her going there with the intent to kill him and that’s why the door was ajar (like described above) she admitted to shooting an unarmed man in his own apartment by mistake. Did you listen to her 911 call? She admitted she shot him.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/s...287-89eb47bb-7f14-46fd-8406-141ffabb44a1

“I’m an off duty officer. I thought I was in my apartment and I shot a guy thinking he was...thinking it was my apartment.”

Best case scenario: she went to the wrong apartment and shot the legal inhabitant by mistake because she was tired. Worst case: Mark and Steez are correct.

Either way, she shot a man in his apartment because she thought he was in her apartment. Those are the facts.

Whether she is found guilty of anything, who knows? We have an imperfect justice system. But she shot a man in his own apartment and admitted it on the 911 call and it’s in the arrest warrant.

[Linked Image]
Re: Amber Guyger [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13274180 09/08/19 01:36 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Totally, absolutely, 100% agree.

It wasn’t an accident. She went there to handle up on something. Period. That is why murder is the charge. Conveniently, she had the same apartment location, be it a different floor. That’s the quick excuse she came up with. The door was left open because he was expecting someone else. Not her.

All of this is simply my hypothesis. I believe that the simple explanation is usually the correct one.

Again.....she knew him. I’d bet money in it.

interesting
both of y'all

Re: Amber Guyger [Re: fouzman] #13274212 09/08/19 02:09 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
I have difficulty seeing this as murder. Manslaughter, yes, thought not involuntary. She voluntarily shot the man, but according to her, she believed she was acting in self defense (which was a mistaken belief).

Will be interesting to see the outcome. If acquitted, I wonder how many cities will be set on fire?

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide