P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by tech
Originally Posted by Chris B
"What if the deal is backloaded where zeke makes 10 million the first 3 years and 15 million the forth, 20 the fifth and 25 the sixth?"

Then he wont be playing those last two years.

agreed

And we'll have a lot of dead cap money that can't be used to acquire talent players. Again, that would be an awful deal for the cowboys. He's slated to play for $4M this year and $9M next year. So paying him $10M for those seasons is a bad deal too. None of this makes even basic common sense.

But I'm willing to walk away and Jerry doesn't seem to be. Whoever is willing to walk away almost always gets the best deal. It appears this time that Zeke was more willing and will get the better end of it.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: patriot07] #13269222 09/03/19 08:33 PM
T
tricky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by tricky
IMO He should be the highest paid running back. He is the best back.

He's already under contract to play for $4M. Anything over that is something he should graciously accept. If he doesn't want to play for $4M this season, he doesn't have to. But demanding more when he signed to play for that is complete nonsense.

Bottom line - he should be paid on value, not performance.

Don't get me wrong, I can see your logic. I am just glad he is going to be on the field. To me its not the real world. Just a lot of noise, either he plays or he doesn't.

Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Mark Perry] #13269226 09/03/19 08:34 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Not butthurt in the least by different opinions but i would love to see some of you guys get a chance to negotiate against Jerry. I got a feeling he's forgotten more about putting a deal together since breakfast than most will learn in a life time..... roflmao
This saga with Zeke certainly proves otherwise, in my opinion.

If the boys win a super bowl, I'll admit that JJ made the right call. Otherwise, this just looks like sacrificing defense and other positions to pay a position that you don't need to win super bowls.

As far as negotiating against JJ, I'll repeate what I said above - negotiation is about who is willing to walk away. If you're willing to walk and the other guy isn't, then you'll get a better deal. JJ wasn't willing to walk and Zeke was, and JJ lost. I'm not saying that I could out-negotiate JJ on any random issue - i'm saying he was needlessly outnegotiated on this deal (it appears - we haven't seen terms yet), and that it will likely cost him talent in other places on the field that are more relevant for super bowls than running back.

When it comes time to resign Cooper, LVE, or pieces of our secondary and we don't have money, we'll be looking straight at this zeke deal and wondering why JJ screwed this team up again...he's done it before with Romo, Barber, Witten, etc., so we shouldn't be surprised when this happens again. I just hoped he learned from his previous mistakes, but people that old and that rich often don't feel like there is anything else they need to learn or can learn, so he's going to keep doing things the way he's done it in the past.

We'll see - I'm not saying that it's absolutely the wrong deal. I'm saying that Zeke would have played for less, even if he sat out a week or two. Zeke had zero leverage with being under contract 2 years and it doesn't appear that Jerry used his leverage against Zeke at all.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Mark Perry] #13269228 09/03/19 08:34 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
why does every team have to make the next guy up the "highest paid player in the league"? why? the next qb whoever that is will be the highest and the next one after that will be the highest and the team will come on tv and act like its the greatest deal ever? Why not use the leverage to bring it down a little? he isn't a free agent so why don't you pay him 3 yr 30mil? with it all guaranteed? vs giving him all the money he ever asked for? he gives up waiting for free agency and you give up keeping him another 2-3 yrs at a lower pay? Its not great negotiating if you pay him ALL the money.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: soggybottom] #13269233 09/03/19 08:36 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by soggybottom
why does every team have to make the next guy up the "highest paid player in the league"? why? the next qb whoever that is will be the highest and the next one after that will be the highest and the team will come on tv and act like its the greatest deal ever? Why not use the leverage to bring it down a little? he isn't a free agent so why don't you pay him 3 yr 30mil? with it all guaranteed? vs giving him all the money he ever asked for? he gives up waiting for free agency and you give up keeping him another 2-3 yrs at a lower pay? Its not great negotiating if you pay him ALL the money.

Agreed - when was the last time the Patriots made anyone the top paid at their position? I think the rest of these idiots are really doing it wrong.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: patriot07] #13269239 09/03/19 08:38 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
You don't get to where he has gotten in life by being dumb. cheers
There are lots of dumb, rich folks. Just because you know oil doesn't mean you know anything about football. Clearly, he knows very little about football.

Brilliant business man...... joke of an owner. The last 20+ years have proven you right. WOOOO!!!! roflmao

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: patriot07] #13269246 09/03/19 08:43 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by soggybottom

Agreed - when was the last time the Patriots made anyone the top paid at their position? I think the rest of these idiots are really doing it wrong.

Why would you want to do it like the patriots?!?! Nah..... Jerruh knows a better way. He’s just been waiting to show everyone. roflmao

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13269247 09/03/19 08:43 PM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
Looks like Zeke is on a plane on his way to Dallas. Maybe they will get it done today.

Nick Saban also spotted at the DFW airport and his wife is looking at homes at valley ranch. Could he be replacing Garret?

That was barely funny the first dozen or so times it got trotted out here.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We don’t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Patriot Guard Rider] #13269255 09/03/19 08:52 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I just know one thing, I sure am happy that most of you are not the GM of the Cowboys, it would really be a train wreck, lol.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Mark Perry] #13269260 09/03/19 08:58 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
whip

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Mark Perry] #13269263 09/03/19 09:01 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Look. I’m not against paying Zeke. He’s one of the best backs in the league, but this is a stupid move. Wait.... no. It’s a great move!! I love it. Can’t wait until his next incident. Usually after the big money, they get more severe. He’s a Knucklehead. There’s no doubt. I hope the kid figures it out.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Frank the Tank] #13269275 09/03/19 09:10 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Look. I’m not against paying Zeke. He’s one of the best backs in the league, but this is a stupid move. Wait.... no. It’s a great move!! I love it. Can’t wait until his next incident. Usually after the big money, they get more severe. He’s a Knucklehead. There’s no doubt. I hope the kid figures it out.

Lets see here, he pulled down the top of his girl friend, ( who was proud of them because it was reported she had already flashed them ) he supposedly decked a DJ that had it coming, and he barely shoved a kid who tried to extort him, wow he is a bad man, I think the electric chair would be fitting, lol. His only problem is he is young, immature, and loves to party, much like most of us were at that age, can't imagine the [censored] i would have gotten into if somebody handed me 25M. As far as holding out, he is the reason Dak will get 35M, I would have held out too.

[Linked Image]
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Mark Perry] #13269280 09/03/19 09:14 PM
junbengreat Offline
not so great
not so great
Who cares. Make him the highest paid player. Not my money

Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Happykamper] #13269287 09/03/19 09:18 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
Originally Posted by Happykamper

Lets see here, he pulled down the top of his girl friend, ( who was proud of them because it was reported she had already flashed them ) he supposedly decked a DJ that had it coming, and he barely shoved a kid who tried to extort him, wow he is a bad man, I think the electric chair would be fitting, lol. His only problem is he is young, immature, and loves to party, much like most of us were at that age, can't imagine the [censored] i would have gotten into if somebody handed me 25M. As far as holding out, he is the reason Dak will get 35M, I would have held out too.

I got into a lot worse situations with a lot ,lot, lot less money when I was his age. (less meaning not a flipping dime)

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Zeke deal close to complete? [Re: Happykamper] #13269304 09/03/19 09:27 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
whip

Originally Posted by Happykamper
I just know one thing, I sure am happy that most of you are not the GM of the Cowboys, it would really be a train wreck, lol.

Man ain't that the damn truth

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide