Forums59
Topics1,038,925
Posts13,955,565
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264132 08/29/19 09:13 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
*** I've been known to carry a gun or 2 in the boat ***
at my age the 12 gauge would have been used ---- just as a matter of protection from those idiots
once into the boat and then as needed
those guys came off the marina dock and out into the water to confront those in the boat.
a clear sign of aggression and attempt to do bodily harm -- ramming them not once but at least 3 times.

the guys in the boat clearly did this because they knew/thought the kids would be too young to do anything.

I wonder if the fishing is any good up there

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264134 08/29/19 09:13 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
So when will we see a link or video of these two being arrested. Or hear that they were visited and corrected by the right people.

I know in OK the marinas have way more power than in Texas but these two need to be dealt with harshly.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264184 08/29/19 10:00 PM
ReelSlow Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Go get Rip. cowboy

Last edited by ReelSlow; 08/29/19 10:01 PM.

GOD is good!
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264194 08/29/19 10:08 PM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Apparently in OK, no fishing within 50 ft of marinas unless the marina allows it. This does not justify the reaction, but may explain why no charges are being filed. The marina owner is asking for boat owners to examine their boats for damage caused by the fishermen. I assume they are looking at filing charges on the boys
This is just my take on what I have read from the links in this thread

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: outfishdya] #13264213 08/29/19 10:20 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by outfishdya
Apparently in OK, no fishing within 50 ft of marinas unless the marina allows it. This does not justify the reaction, but may explain why no charges are being filed. The marina owner is asking for boat owners to examine their boats for damage caused by the fishermen. I assume they are looking at filing charges on the boys
This is just my take on what I have read from the links in this thread

still ---- that does not give the flat bottom boys the RIGHT to intentionally try to inflict physical harm to the persons or damage to their property --- which they are obviously trying to do.
How much evidence do you need in a case like this. The video clearly shows that the kids could have feared for their lives if not their safety.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264217 08/29/19 10:22 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
as an OLD Man that can no longer defend myself physically ---- I have gotten a CHL and carry everywhere I go.
No matter what you should not have to live in fear and worry.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264232 08/29/19 10:36 PM
H
hunter1st Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
This is just my uneducated opinion based on what I saw.

I would not pull a gun on the flatbottom guys, their boat, while may be damaging to yours, it didn't seem like a life threatening situation. Had the boat came up over the fiberglass- possibly.

Nor would I have jumped over in their boat, although satisfying with several hits of the small BB bat or paddle, it could be construed as a threat- read redneck pulling a gun.

The filming was the best bet, and I hope to hell it goes somewhere in the legal system.

Nobody was injured, nobody died. Boys lived to fish another day, and hopefully the toofless ones gets what they deserve.

hunter1st
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264240 08/29/19 10:46 PM
N
Northsidejoe Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
N
Did you not see where the jon boat came up over the transom of the boat? My god those guys in the jon boat were out of control. What would have happened if at the end of the video where the Jon boat pushed them into the dock if he would've fell and hit his head, went into the water and drowned? What they did was illegal. assault with a dangerous weapon and inter fearing with a fisherman.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Northsidejoe] #13264248 08/29/19 11:02 PM
H
hunter1st Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted by Northsidejoe
Did you not see where the jon boat came up over the transom of the boat? My god those guys in the jon boat were out of control. What would have happened if at the end of the video where the Jon boat pushed them into the dock if he would've fell and hit his head, went into the water and drowned? What they did was illegal. assault with a dangerous weapon and inter fearing with a fisherman.

Was it worth a gunfight, and the aftermath?

hunter1st
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: hunter1st] #13264267 08/29/19 11:19 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by hunter1st

Nope. If someone had used a gun in that situation there'd be atleast one person arrested, that person. Ask the guy in Florida that just was found guilty trying to use self defense as a defense when it wasn't justified. From piecing together the links, it seems that the boys left the area and then met with police. Even with a video because it doesn't show everything, they can't just go over and arrest someone later. They'd have to get a warrant and serve it. Curious if they have done that yet. The boys handled it correctly. that is why we have Police.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Bobby Milam] #13264306 08/30/19 12:01 AM
N
Northsidejoe Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
N
I'm not saying it was worthy of pulling a gun and using it. I never said that. I'm saying they committed a felony and several misdemeanors including interfering with a fisherman, but what do I know I've only been in law enforcement for over 20 years. If a person was ramming your car with their car would that not be AWDW? That was a boat under power. The video shows that conclusively.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Bobby Milam] #13264325 08/30/19 12:19 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
Originally Posted by hunter1st

Nope. If someone had used a gun in that situation there'd be atleast one person arrested, that person. Ask the guy in Florida that just was found guilty trying to use self defense as a defense when it wasn't justified. From piecing together the links, it seems that the boys left the area and then met with police. Even with a video because it doesn't show everything, they can't just go over and arrest someone later. They'd have to get a warrant and serve it. Curious if they have done that yet. The boys handled it correctly. that is why we have Police.

Not even close to the Florida case.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Northsidejoe] #13264339 08/30/19 12:38 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I'm not saying it was worthy of pulling a gun and using it. I never said that. I'm saying they committed a felony and several misdemeanors including interfering with a fisherman, but what do I know I've only been in law enforcement for over 20 years. If a person was ramming your car with their car would that not be AWDW? That was a boat under power. The video shows that conclusively.

I've been a cop for about 25 years. In my opinion from what could be seen on the video, yes they committed crimes and were ramming the boat but you see one person on the transom trying to push it away with his foot and telling another to just start the boat and that person is saying that he can't because he has to put his rod up. I don't think that I have ever seen a jury that would no bill them had they shot the person when it was obvious that while they were scared but not scared for their life. If you have to take time to put a rod up instead of cranking the boat to escape or you are going to try and use your foot to push a boat away as it is coming towards your boat, you weren't in that much fear.

Dubee, same as the Florida case for the same reason. They were in as much fear for their life as the Florida guy. I've been in a shooting and even when you are right it is not fun to go thru and believe me, even when you know you followed everything by the book and had justification, you never know what a jury will say. 15 years ago the attorney wanted $50,000 to represent me if it went to trial. I have no idea what that would cost today.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Bobby Milam] #13264359 08/30/19 12:58 AM
TX Strampion Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
I've been a cop for about 25 years. In my opinion from what could be seen on the video, yes they committed crimes and were ramming the boat but you see one person on the transom trying to push it away with his foot and telling another to just start the boat and that person is saying that he can't because he has to put his rod up. I don't think that I have ever seen a jury that would no bill them had they shot the person when it was obvious that while they were scared but not scared for their life. If you have to take time to put a rod up instead of cranking the boat to escape or you are going to try and use your foot to push a boat away as it is coming towards your boat, you weren't in that much fear.

The most interesting comment I've seen on this thread.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: TX Strampion] #13264363 08/30/19 01:03 AM
N
Northsidejoe Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
N
Oklahoma’s Stand Your Ground law states that “A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.” I believe based on the video this is on the very edge of this line. I'm so glad it didn't come to this.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide