Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,039,221
Posts13,961,163
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL #13262544 08/28/19 04:11 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
sorry for the all caps from copy and paste.
Anyone ever been to this deal?
https://www.cityoflewisville.com/ab...versary-texas-international-pop-festival

The main ones I would like to see are the last 2 each night - Edgar Winter and ZZ Top on Saturday night then Grand Funk Railroad and Chicago on Sunday.

I've never been to an event like this - missed all the Texas Jams and other stuff like that. Just regular concerts in some indoor venue or like Texas stadiums.
Except one time at a van show in Bowling Green KY when I was about 20. Drunk and buzzed and chicks with their shirts off running around. That was fun. But i'm 64 now so different perspective. I'd still really like if there was chicks pulling their shirts off though.

What should I expect? I really want to see ZZ Top one more time while the opportunity is there and they're still around doing this and I'm still able to do it.

I'm not into being smashed around and jostled by a crowd of drunk youngs. So probably do my viewing from how ever many hundred yds back it takes me to find a place to park my lawn chair. I don't drink either but will take my "refillable" water bottle. Not sure about my pistol - didn't read all through that part of the rules and Fed COE rules.

Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Jon] #13262547 08/28/19 04:12 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
My folks and some neighbors went to that 47 years ago. My, how time flies.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Jon] #13262608 08/28/19 05:03 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
I'm gonna sit on my roof and watch it. We'll surely hear it inside the house (yes, I live that close to the event).

Kinda wondering how clogged our neighborhood will be with everyone parking there.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Jon] #13262619 08/28/19 05:09 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
My understanding is no parking at the event only shuttle service in and out.

Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Jon] #13262620 08/28/19 05:10 PM
H
Hookem Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
John Mayall with Carolyn Wonderland and Shiva's Headband. thumb

Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Hard Rain] #13262640 08/28/19 05:22 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Hard Rain
My understanding is no parking at the event only shuttle service in and out.

Can someone please decipher this - I has the confused.

General Admission parking with free shuttle will be at the following locations from 2 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Shuttles will run approximately every 15 minutes.

Lowe's, 1051 N. Stemmons Fwy, Lewisville, TX 75067
Kohl's, 1001 Valley Ridge Blvd, Lewisville, TX 75067
Pickup/drop off locations will be between the two stores, look for signage)
Lot at the corner of N. Summit Road & Justin Road (FM 407)

It's item 7 in Event FAQ's from link in OP but i cant get just that question alone to link.

Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Jon] #13262651 08/28/19 05:35 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Stay out of my neighborhood you hippes.

Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Jon] #13262654 08/28/19 05:37 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Lewisville does a pretty good job of bringing in good acts for their festivals. Western days usually has some really good performers too.

Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13262660 08/28/19 05:38 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Might give nude sunbathing a try in my driveway on Saturday ... well, I'll wear a speedo to be decent.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13262667 08/28/19 05:44 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

Might give nude sunbathing a try in my driveway on Saturday ... well, I'll wear a speedo to be decent.

Ha ha sounds good! I am actually on the FAR west side of town. Like across the street is Flo Mo so it wont impact me.

But I am sure it will be a mess for yall in that area. BUT hey, its a minor inconveniences, its good for the city and good for local business so we welcome it right.

Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Jon] #13262673 08/28/19 05:49 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Jon

The main ones I would like to see are the last 2 each night - Edgar Winter and ZZ Top on Saturday night then Grand Funk Railroad and Chicago on Sunday.

I've never been to an event like this - missed all the Texas Jams and other stuff like that. Just regular concerts in some indoor venue or like Texas stadiums.
Except one time at a van show in Bowling Green KY when I was about 20. Drunk and buzzed and chicks with their shirts off running around. That was fun. But i'm 64 now so different perspective. I'd still really like if there was chicks pulling their shirts off though.

What should I expect? I really want to see ZZ Top one more time while the opportunity is there and they're still around doing this and I'm still able to do it.

I'm not into being smashed around and jostled by a crowd of drunk youngs. So probably do my viewing from how ever many hundred yds back it takes me to find a place to park my lawn chair. I don't drink either but will take my "refillable" water bottle. Not sure about my pistol - didn't read all through that part of the rules and Fed COE rules.

If the same women running around now are the same ones you saw when 20. NO pics please.

Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Jon] #13262682 08/28/19 05:53 PM
M
MBradford Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Jon

Why would you even consider taking a gun to an event like that?

What items are prohibited?
Coolers
outside food or beverage
bicycles
skateboards
pets (other than service animals)
personal transport vehicles
recording devices outside of cell phones
professional photography equipment except for authorized photograhers or members of the working media
weapons of any kind on the shuttle buses or in the venue (except for authorized law enforcement personnel)

Firearms are not permitted on US Army Corp of Engineers-owned land where Texas Pop Turns 50 takes place.

TeTitle 36, Chapter III, Part 327.13 states the possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless: in the possession of a federal, state, local law enforcement officer, being used at authorized shooting ranges (there are none on Lewisville Lake), written permission has been received by the district commander, or being used for hunting, as permitted under section 327.8 with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting sites.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13262718 08/28/19 06:23 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"

Ha ha sounds good! I am actually on the FAR west side of town. Like across the street is Flo Mo so it wont impact me.

But I am sure it will be a mess for yall in that area. BUT hey, its a minor inconveniences, its good for the city and good for local business so we welcome it right.

On second thought, can the redhead and I stay with you for the weekend? And can my cats come over too?

Artim Law Firm, PLLC
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: MBradford] #13262725 08/28/19 06:36 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by MBradford
Originally Posted by Jon

Why would you even consider taking a gun to an event like that?

What items are prohibited?
Coolers
outside food or beverage
bicycles
skateboards
pets (other than service animals)
personal transport vehicles
recording devices outside of cell phones
professional photography equipment except for authorized photograhers or members of the working media
weapons of any kind on the shuttle buses or in the venue (except for authorized law enforcement personnel)

Firearms are not permitted on US Army Corp of Engineers-owned land where Texas Pop Turns 50 takes place.

TeTitle 36, Chapter III, Part 327.13 states the possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, or other weapons is prohibited unless: in the possession of a federal, state, local law enforcement officer, being used at authorized shooting ranges (there are none on Lewisville Lake), written permission has been received by the district commander, or being used for hunting, as permitted under section 327.8 with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting sites.

Mostly for in case I needed it. I carry it most everywhere it's legal to do so. I missed the part you pointed out. Thanks for that info.

Re: Lewisville 50TH ANNIVERSARY TEXAS INTERNATIONAL POP FESTIVAL [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13262738 08/28/19 06:51 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan

On second thought, can the redhead and I stay with you for the weekend? And can my cats come over too?

Sure. I dont know about the cats though. I have two large dogs and although they have never lived with cats, neither seems to like them much when they do see one. They get pretty fired up em.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide