Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lemon Law - Auto #13260037 08/26/19 02:28 PM
JavelinJ Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Anyone had any success/failure with lemon law?

2019 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali. Purchased in 4/19 and traded in my 2017 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW.

Truck has been in the shop a ton. Shot rear end at 1600 miles. Was determined that it left the factory with no gear oil. Second rear end failed 2 weeks later....they tried to re-use some of the parts from the old rear end. After that, it appears the rear end is OK.

However, the truck has had a vibration every since. I don't recall if it had it before because I just had the truck so off an on while they were trying to figure out the rear end. The vibration is only under a load going up hills or during acceleration.

It has has had 4 sets of tires, 2 driveshafts, new axles again, toqrue converted changed and they still have no clue what is causing it. This time it has been in the shop for three weeks and they are taking guidance from GM Tech Support which is now at a loss as to what the issue is.

They have run a Pico Scope on it but GM says it is not picking up enough to tell them what it is. The dealer has begged GM to come down for a ride along and are on my side. They feel and hear the vibration as well. They and I have also driven three other identical (other than color) trucks on their lot that do not do this.

I have everything in emails so I have documentation showing the dealership admits they have no idea what to do and that the problem does exist on only my truck.

At this point, I have been using the "catch more flies with honey" approach. But, this is getting old.

Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260048 08/26/19 02:33 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
I think my approach at this point would be to ask them to take the truck back as an even trade for a different brand new one. If that didn’t work I’d probably have my attorney start dealing with them directly.

Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260052 08/26/19 02:34 PM
Tin Star Cajun Offline
Angler
Angler
I've done it with a 2013 Chevy 3500 Duramax. Turbo problems. After about 8 trips to the dealer with check engine lights and turbo problems I finally asked for a meeting the with service manager. After explaining the problems and showing a printout of the services, the manager agreed that we needed to do something. I was offered either a check or a new truck. After looking at the other manufacturer's trucks, I decided on another Chevy. I only had to pay the difference in the prices. I got a new 2016 Duramax for $22,000. I wished they would've done better for me but I've only had one issue with this new truck and that is a $20 plastic bushing for the tailgate so I'm happy.

My suggestion is to meet with the service manager or general manager and see what GM with do. If your'e not happy, see a lemon law attorney. My brother in law used an attorney and was happy with the outcome.

Good luck.

The only difference between a little girls scream and a warrior's battle cry is the direction your'e running!

[Linked Image]
Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260056 08/26/19 02:36 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Geez, sorry to hear it. At this point a new truck is the only thing I would ask for besides my $$ back.

I've had issues with my 8 sp transmission on my 17 Z71. Might have to enter a class action law suit to get any resolution. Dealers all just say that's the way they all drive. It can be down right scary at times.

Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260080 08/26/19 02:46 PM
H
Holzer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
A good friend of mine was able to have a truck replaced.
According to him, it was a full time job calling everyday, sometimes several times a day to get it done. He said that he was calling Corporate. Trying to work with the local dealership is a waste of time. You need to work on the people at the top.

I seen both the trucks. The one that was a lemon and the new replacement. It's a process, but it can be done.

Holzer
My pic is gone frown
Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260148 08/26/19 03:25 PM
C
camo-jorts Offline
Angler
Angler
C
I have the exact same truck. My 2018 was junk from the time I drove it off the lot. At 300 miles check engine light came on and truck would stall out. Took it back, they did a computer update. 3000 miles rear end started shaking locks up and driver side rear duals fell off. Dealer fixes it. 3800 miles truck would just die for no reason. Dealer said enough was enough and put me into a 2019. [Linked Image]

�Status quo, you know, is Latin for �the mess we�re in� Ronald Reagan
Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260160 08/26/19 03:33 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
new truck time, go pick one out then walk in and ask for the keys.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260172 08/26/19 03:50 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by JavelinJ

2019 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali. Purchased in 4/19 and traded in my 2017 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW.

Truck has been in the shop a ton. Shot rear end at 1600 miles. Was determined that it left the factory with no gear oil. Second rear end failed 2 weeks later....they tried to re-use some of the parts from the old rear end. After that, it appears the rear end is OK.

However, the truck has had a vibration every since. I don't recall if it had it before because I just had the truck so off an on while they were trying to figure out the rear end. The vibration is only under a load going up hills or during acceleration.

It has has had 4 sets of tires, 2 driveshafts, new axles again, toqrue converted changed and they still have no clue what is causing it. This time it has been in the shop for three weeks and they are taking guidance from GM Tech Support which is now at a loss as to what the issue is.

They have run a Pico Scope on it but GM says it is not picking up enough to tell them what it is. The dealer has begged GM to come down for a ride along and are on my side. They feel and hear the vibration as well. They and I have also driven three other identical (other than color) trucks on their lot that do not do this.

I have everything in emails so I have documentation showing the dealership admits they have no idea what to do and that the problem does exist on only my truck.

At this point, I have been using the "catch more flies with honey" approach. But, this is getting old.

Sounds like they did not shim or torque the pinion correctly. I had 99K on my 2011 F150 and I let the service guys talk me into a drain and replace the differential oil as part of the service. Bad mistake, I should have referred to the if it aint broke don't fix it policy. So a month after the new differential oil, awful noise from the rear. Take it in, "Well the clutch pak needs replaced". So $1100 for a clutch pak replace. Then 1 month later, really awful noise from the rear again. This time "Well, the pinion is shot". That is when I found how critical it is in shimming and torquing the pinion assembly. I made them eat it and refused to pay for their screw up. I firmly believe that there are no good Rear differential mechanics in the world. This is why you are still having problems. The only way to fix your GMC is to have them put a brand new factory setup Rear in it. Believe me. It will never be right.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260177 08/26/19 03:59 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Send a sharply worded letter accusing them of consumer fraud which will include actual damages, and punitive damages which are tripled under current consumer law. Worked for me once, but it was written by an attorney.

If you used a lender that was either through the manufacturer or someone they referred you too, there is an obscure FTC law where you can draw them into the problem. This worked recently when I called the lender of an AC company that had defrauded my neighbor. The bank holding the note cancelled the whole transaction.

It seems dealers are not too concerned about the lemon law.

Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260179 08/26/19 04:00 PM
R
rustler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
---> Tx DMV lemon law

HTH...

Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: Bob Davis] #13260283 08/26/19 05:28 PM
JavelinJ Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by JavelinJ

Sounds like they did not shim or torque the pinion correctly. I had 99K on my 2011 F150 and I let the service guys talk me into a drain and replace the differential oil as part of the service. Bad mistake, I should have referred to the if it aint broke don't fix it policy. So a month after the new differential oil, awful noise from the rear. Take it in, "Well the clutch pak needs replaced". So $1100 for a clutch pak replace. Then 1 month later, really awful noise from the rear again. This time "Well, the pinion is shot". That is when I found how critical it is in shimming and torquing the pinion assembly. I made them eat it and refused to pay for their screw up. I firmly believe that there are no good Rear differential mechanics in the world. This is why you are still having problems. The only way to fix your GMC is to have them put a brand new factory setup Rear in it. Believe me. It will never be right.

That is where GM and the dealership disagree. GM wants them to put a rear end in it. The dealership hasn't because they say it won't fix it.

Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260304 08/26/19 05:35 PM
R
Ranger 177 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Doesn’t this have to go through arbitration first. Request this process and get ball started

Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260310 08/26/19 05:39 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
in my dealer days, it would be real close on required visits and docs to invoke lemon. All you would pay is price difference and miles used. With low miles that wont be much.

Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260315 08/26/19 05:42 PM
elcoyote, esq. Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
See if they have any vans on their lot. If they do, pick one and take a dump inside the van. That’ll show em!

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Lemon Law - Auto [Re: JavelinJ] #13260413 08/26/19 06:40 PM
L
Leonardo1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Didn't use the lemon law but had a Chevy 2500 with constant transmission problems. Started at 3000 miles was the first trip to the shop, then had it back two days before it went out again. Third time was at 12k. GM worked well with me, even had the tech guys come out but they never could pin point the problem. Just kept trying different things. Finally the dealership helped me with a new truck and I have no idea what happened with the old one. My issue was what if this issue happened again at 50k, would they make me a deal on a truck with 50k miles or a brand new one. Because the issue started when it was new. The dealer stepped up in a big way for me. Still cost me a few thousand dollars but I got a newer truck and started over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide