I have always liked the old fashioned transom savers that connect the lower unit directly to the trailer. I looked at getting one of the newer styles that connects the motor mounts directly to the transom bracket. But, I did not like the way they do not alleviate the torsional stress the transom faces during trailering and the way they eliminate the ability of old fashioned transom savers to be used simultaneously. So, I made one for myself from some scrap steel and UHMW plastic block I had laying around. Now, I have solved the motor turning during trailering issue and am still able to use my good old transom saver. IMHO, the best of both worlds!

BTW - motor is a Merc 225 EFI

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]