Okuma's Big Surf 8K Update! Long Distance Line Layering Monster!

It's been 6-months since i started using Okuma's Surf 8K Spinners. I've tried all monofilament to all braid. Now i found the best line configuration at 250yd 65lb braid backing to 120yd 40lb monofilament top shot. Because of the anglers i go with i promised not to show what i've caught on these reels because it will show too much of the locations.

So far brought in sharks up to 7ft, 2 stingrays 40-50lbs, 2 GT's 20 & 40lbs & a mixed bag including Bonefish to Jacks. Let's just say i horsed in everything. The rays fought the hardest i thought.

There are many anglers out there that prefer using spinners over conventionals. Easier to cast. I've even used these reels for sliding off piers. Very easy to cast & powerful enough to handle big fish. Retails for only $99.99. Hard to beat. Soon another surf casting spinner by Okuma will be available. This one will be a high end unit under $180 but with 44lb max drag. It won't have the line capacity of the Surf 8K. Keep that in mind. Match your equipment for your needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGnMv7BdwI

Attached Files Surf 8K.JPG

Traveled the World diving & fishing. Became a ranked billiard player in Asia. Won a few senior bowling tournaments. I travel to the US, Australia & Europe working with museums & doing educational lectures.