Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Frank the Tank] #13255435 08/21/19 06:43 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
We’ll see if Mack Brown-lite can get it done. I hope he does, Aggie heads will explode and they will become more obnoxious than cow fans

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Frank the Tank] #13256358 08/22/19 05:21 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Originally Posted by GeoFisher
Conservatively, Jimbo is a top ten, probably top 5, college football coach. Ask anyone in the know or any college coach in the country. More importantly, ask the Texas HS Coaches who have dealt with him already. Besides Nicko and Dabo, there are not many active coaches with a natty. He had plenty of opportunities to go elsewhere (LSU being the biggest program) He waited for the Brinks truck and the Ags provided it.

I have been watching the Aggies since I was old enough to watch a game and he definitely made a difference last season in their performance. Mond got better throughout the season no doubt. The defense got tougher, more physical, and better statistically. If they make the same jumps this year as they did last year, it could be interesting in the SEC West

But lets face it, A&M could go 10-2, 9-3, or very easily go 6-6, given the conference and division they play in. It's just brutal week in and week out.

As a fan, all you can ask for is improvement from year to year, and in year 1, I think Jimbo gets a B+, maybe an A- grade. I will take that performance every year with my coach.

GiG Em'

roflmao

Originally Posted by GeoFisher
Conservatively, Jimbo is a top ten, probably top 5, college football coach. Ask anyone in the know or any college coach in the country. More importantly, ask the Texas HS Coaches who have dealt with him already. Besides Nicko and Dabo, there are not many active coaches with a natty. He had plenty of opportunities to go elsewhere (LSU being the biggest program) He waited for the Brinks truck and the Ags provided it.

I have been watching the Aggies since I was old enough to watch a game and he definitely made a difference last season in their performance. Mond got better throughout the season no doubt. The defense got tougher, more physical, and better statistically. If they make the same jumps this year as they did last year, it could be interesting in the SEC West

But lets face it, A&M could go 10-2, 9-3, or very easily go 6-6, given the conference and division they play in. It's just brutal week in and week out.

As a fan, all you can ask for is improvement from year to year, and in year 1, I think Jimbo gets a B+, maybe an A- grade. I will take that performance every year with my coach.

GiG Em'

roflmao

Interesting response and well thought out. Not sure what you find so amusing because I really don't see anything but facts, other than my own personal grade I gave Jimbo last year for his performance as a head coach.
*Most analyst, coaches would place Jimbo in top 10 or even top 5 of college football coaches
*He has a natty
*He got paid by wealthy Aggies
*Mond was better than year before
*Ags were better up front on defense
*They play in what is (year in and year out) the single toughest conference in College Football

Trolling perhaps. Oh well, I bit.

Everything on your bass boat is broken......You just don't know it yet.
Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Frank the Tank] #13256641 08/22/19 09:35 PM
B
bassinbiker Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
My take, which many have already said some of:

General:

The move to the SEC has paid many dividends, and has been a great success. Always play on national TV, play against the nation's best teams every few weeks, play against the nation's best players (as proven by nfl draft status), etc...
The Ags have been atop the list for $$ earned in athletics the last few years.
They are also in the top 2 or 3 for facilities, stadium size and atmosphere, and attendance.

Now to Jimbo:
Jimbo has a natty, made the playoff, and had a lot of success in other years at FSU; which had been downtrending under Bowden the last years he was there.
We probably will go 8-4 or 9-3 this year, or better with some breaks. Dut to one of the toughest schedules in the land(playing the 3 top rated teams, and 3 of the 6 top rated teams on the road...)
Next year, we should be in the hunt for a playoff birth. (much more manigable schedule)
We were pretty successful in his first year: top 3 in rushing defense, TOP, and had the nation's #3 rusher....all pretty impressive considering we weren't supposed to be any good, or have any good players....

All the above point to continued success, but, with that you still need the ball to bounce your way a few times...

Greg
Retired Army
Rangers Lead the Way!

Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Frank the Tank] #13256669 08/22/19 10:02 PM
RATZ Offline
Activity Coordinator
Activity Coordinator
I just hope Jumbo is in favor of renewing the Texas & A&M game. We all miss it.

If God is your co-pilot then change seats

https://abaltcustomlures.com/

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: RATZ] #13256932 08/23/19 02:34 AM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by RATZ
I just hope Jumbo is in favor of renewing the Texas & A&M game. We all miss it.

You all miss it.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: WAWI] #13257045 08/23/19 08:23 AM
D
Duke 22 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by billdancejr.
ATM beats clemson arse week 2. Mark it down

ATM also beat the unbeatable Alabama once, Johnny football made a career off that one game, and Kevin Sumlin is.....coaching elsewhere not by choice. Tinkerbell farting gold dust is about as likely as ATM ever winning a national title.

So you barely finished high school and bought an orange shirt at a discount store. Got it.

I earned my BS @ UTA, My masters however was earned at THE University of Texas. Oh and before I forget you can bag on Texas all you want but the fact is, Texas leads the series against ATM 76–37–5. I would flee conferences too if I kept getting my butt whooped like that. Oh, also while at Texas they educated me on the proper way to build a Bonfire. Ouch flame

Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Frank the Tank] #13257086 08/23/19 11:28 AM
F
Frank the Tank Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Dude. Not cool. At all.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Duke 22] #13257109 08/23/19 12:05 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

ATM also beat the unbeatable Alabama once, Johnny football made a career off that one game, and Kevin Sumlin is.....coaching elsewhere not by choice. Tinkerbell farting gold dust is about as likely as ATM ever winning a national title.

So you barely finished high school and bought an orange shirt at a discount store. Got it.

I earned my BS @ UTA, My masters however was earned at THE University of Texas. Oh and before I forget you can bag on Texas all you want but the fact is, Texas leads the series against ATM 76–37–5. I would flee conferences too if I kept getting my butt whooped like that. Oh, also while at Texas they educated me on the proper way to build a Bonfire. Ouch flame

Glad to see the classless [censored] of the day identified himself early on for us. Go pound sand for making a joke at a tragic event that cost 12 students their lives. Douchebag.

Last edited by RO519; 08/23/19 12:05 PM.

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Frank the Tank] #13257115 08/23/19 12:17 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Maybe he was talking about the contents of the jar the cult put at the top of the bonfire? Must have been some weird aggy cult ritual.

But yeah brining the bonfire incident is really low rent. Let’s not go there.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Duke 22] #13257121 08/23/19 12:21 PM
RATZ Offline
Activity Coordinator
Activity Coordinator

Thanks for making Horns fans look like absolute [censored]. Sorry for this one Aggy friends.

If God is your co-pilot then change seats

https://abaltcustomlures.com/

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Duke 22] #13257137 08/23/19 12:44 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Pretty much everything you have posted on this thread makes this part of your claims seem very unlikely.

I earned my BS @ UTA, My masters however was earned at THE University of Texas.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Coach Hark] #13257167 08/23/19 01:09 PM
C
camo-jorts Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted by Coach Hark
I’m not an Aggie but Jimbo made huge strides with the team last year. From what I hear he is a QB guru and offensive guru. That showed last year as Mond was much better and they scored points in bunches.

Yeah let’s leave the title of QB Guru to the coach north of the red river!

�Status quo, you know, is Latin for �the mess we�re in� Ronald Reagan
Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Frank the Tank] #13257173 08/23/19 01:13 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Can someone explain to me why Ags are so confident he will lead them to the promise land? He’s Mack Brown-lite. Only reason he ever won anything was because he got a once in a lifetime QB to come to FSU. I just don’t get what is so special about him. Please explain.

He got a once in a lifetime QB to come to FSU so he has that going for him.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Frank the Tank] #13257180 08/23/19 01:18 PM
D
DI Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
D
Attempting to make a joke about 12kids dying in order to somehow boost your football team? Loser.

Re: Jim-buh Fisher [Re: Frank the Tank] #13257188 08/23/19 01:25 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
What a complete piece of garbage this guy is. Hell, maybe you should have gone to their funerals and told those jokes.

I’m sure FTT is proud of himself also for stirring up this type of stuff nonstop. Cannot wait for more of Frank’s rolling smiley faces. Bunch of douchebags.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide