Page 1 of 2 1 2
2 mile bridge #13253742 08/20/19 01:44 PM
F
fishrdude Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
F
I have never fished there and want to try it. Anyone been lately? If so how was the fishing? Is the boat ramp on the east end of the bridge free or a pay ramp? Thanks.

Last edited by fishrdude; 08/20/19 01:44 PM.
Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13253748 08/20/19 01:46 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
IMO, There are a lot better bridges to fish than that one. It get hits hard everyday. I know the ramp on the west side is free. I have heard the bite has been tough recently.

Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13253875 08/20/19 03:18 PM
L
Lazy Ike Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
fish I haven't been lately, the east ramp is free, a little narrow & steep I would go to west ramp.

Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13253908 08/20/19 03:35 PM
F
fishrdude Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
F
Hey fishinaholic I live in Lewisville and fish the I35 and Little Elm bridges alot but wanted to try a new one. Do you have one you would recomend? Thanks.

Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13254413 08/20/19 10:22 PM
H
HOGON Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
I was at Tawokini today. They are not on the bridge right now in any great numbers...they are on Timber still.

Im sure you can catch a few on 2 mile every day 365, but catching a few and catching them when they are there is like comparing an apple to an orange.

We had a good day up until about 10:30am. We had 17 fish in the boat and were really starting to get them dialed in when the wind stopped blowing and when it did it got really dangerous.

I was fishing a tree standing in the back of the boat and next thing I know I got really light headed like I was going to pass out and then I got really nauseated to my stomach.
My vision went on super bright mode like everything I looked at...like my neon green life vest was twice as bright as it normally looked. I immediately sat down.

Dad and I had been drinking lots of water and I was drinking water when this hit me like a freight train. I sat there for about 5 minutes and felt like It was getting worse.

I told Dad we need to go and now!

I could not even drive the boat. I needed my Dad to come drive it.

I was so glad I was not fishing by myself and I could not believe it was only 10:30am.

I have never got heat exhaustion like this before ever. If it ever hits you it will scare the daylights out of you.

We got back to the ramp and I went to get the truck. I happen to look at the boat trailer and we blew a hub. YGTBSM.

I left Dad at the lake in the boat. He hid under the bridge.

I limped the trailer to Emory and had Hootens slap a new hub on my trailer.

I drove 35 mph from the Boat Ramp at Tawokini to Hootens Hardware in Emory. They had everything tool wise to get it done.

I bought two spare hub kits while there and threw them in the truck.

If this story sounds familiar its because we blew the other hub on a Fork trip like 3 months ago and I posted how important it was to have a spare hub.
Well the hub that blew was the one we did not have replaced 3 months ago..

Should have replaced them both at the same time when Hootens was fixing the other one.

Finally got the spares in the truck.

If we go again we will be drinking water and gatorade G2. I am going to mix them.

If the wind doesnt blow probably be done around 10:30 again.

Just be careful.

We were being careful and we were hydrating and it still kicked my you know what.

ACC CRAPPIE STIX
BONEHEAD TACKLE
LEWS REELS
PEPOPS JIGS
FEARLESS JIGS
BUBBAS BAITS
MAD CRAPPIE JIGS
DANS JIGS
CRAZY ANGLER TACKLE
THERMOCLINE LURES
CONSTANT PURSUIT OUTFITTERS
MR CRAPPIE
POWER PRO SUPER SLICK BRAID
BERKLEY VANISH GOLD/TRANSITION
LIFT SAVER TROLLING MOTOR MOUNT
SHUT UP AND FISH
SLAB SYNDICATE JIGS
THUMPER ELITE OUTFITTERS
Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: HOGON] #13254425 08/20/19 10:31 PM
K
Keystone Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
K
Originally Posted by HOGON
I was at Tawokini today. They are not on the bridge right now in any great numbers...they are on Timber still.

Im sure you can catch a few on 2 mile every day 365, but catching a few and catching them when they are there is like comparing an apple to an orange.

We had a good day up until about 10:30am. We had 17 fish in the boat and were really starting to get them dialed in when the wind stopped blowing and when it did it got really dangerous.

I was fishing a tree standing in the back of the boat and next thing I know I got really light headed like I was going to pass out and then I got really nauseated to my stomach.
My vision went on super bright mode like everything I looked at...like my neon green life vest was twice as bright as it normally looked. I immediately sat down.

Dad and I had been drinking lots of water and I was drinking water when this hit me like a freight train. I sat there for about 5 minutes and felt like It was getting worse.

I told Dad we need to go and now!

I could not even drive the boat. I needed my Dad to come drive it.

I was so glad I was not fishing by myself and I could not believe it was only 10:30am.

I have never got heat exhaustion like this before ever. If it ever hits you it will scare the daylights out of you.

We got back to the ramp and I went to get the truck. I happen to look at the boat trailer and we blew a hub. YGTBSM.

I left Dad at the lake in the boat. He hid under the bridge.

I limped the trailer to Emory and had Hootens slap a new hub on my trailer.

I drove 35 mph from the Boat Ramp at Tawokini to Hootens Hardware in Emory. They had everything tool wise to get it done.

I bought two spare hub kits while there and threw them in the truck.

If this story sounds familiar its because we blew the other hub on a Fork trip like 3 months ago and I posted how important it was to have a spare hub.
Well the hub that blew was the one we did not have replaced 3 months ago..

Should have replaced them both at the same time when Hootens was fixing the other one.

Finally got the spares in the truck.

If we go again we will be drinking water and gatorade G2. I am going to mix them.

If the wind doesnt blow probably be done around 10:30 again.

Just be careful.

We were being careful and we were hydrating and it still kicked my you know what.

Pedialyte, seriously...its a little expensive but that with water really works for me.

Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: HOGON] #13254437 08/20/19 10:37 PM
F
fishrdude Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
F
Wow Hogon that is really scary! Glad ypu are ok and thanks for the report.

Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13254517 08/20/19 11:41 PM
P
pop r Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
I'm glad you guys are ok. That heat will sneak up on you quickly. The older I get the quicker it gets to me.

Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13254571 08/21/19 12:14 AM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
If you feel the heat symptoms, get a towel and soak it in the ice water in the cooler and put it over your head. And pour a little ice water over your shirt and head to the ramp. Getting your head cool and shirt wet will usually stop the symptoms in about 5 minutes. Once the boat is moving with a wet shirt, feels like a/c.
Glad you are OK Schmidy.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13254621 08/21/19 12:49 AM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
WOW!! Glad you are ok! This Texas Heat is no Joke.Thank GOD you were not alone HOGON.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13254627 08/21/19 01:01 AM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
I got some of those cooling towels at Walmart when they were on sale for $2! They're great for summertime. Glad your ok!!

Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13254634 08/21/19 01:08 AM
M
Moose364 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I work in the Oil field and Man it's HOT right now, and Heat exhaustion is really serious business with cramps you will think your going to die and it will usually start with fingers or your Toes, sick at your stomach is one of the most early signs. anytime dealing with this type of heat throw you a bottle of Tonic water in your ice chest. it has something in it that I can't pronounce or Spell start's with a T is best I can do, Tonic Water taste BAD by itself the guys at work pour a little it in there regular bottle water, it will stop the cramps and being Dizzy settle your stomach. Guy's I can't tell you how much this can help you and if you start to cramp drink it straight yeah it's going to taste Bad but it may save your Butt. and you find it in the drink mixes for alcohol at Walmart and Brookshire's

O.P glad your OK

1657 Triton Stick steer W/ 50Hp Mercury, Terrova 80, I-pilot
Tracker Pro 190 TX W/115 Mercury
Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13254723 08/21/19 02:37 AM
H
HOGON Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Appreciate all the tips.

It was scary for me being that I have never had it happen before.

Just spoke with my wife who is a paramedic and she told me that what I experienced today can happen to you even when you are fully hydrated.

I had all the symptoms of heat exhaustion.

Heat Exhaustion is when your body temperature is too high.

If suffering heat exhaustion and you don't remove yourself from the elements and cool your body temperature what follows is you stop sweating, and you either pass out or your mental status is altered then you go into a full blown heat stroke.

In other words, what I was dealing with today was no joke and leaving immediately was the best thing we could have done.

While Dad was driving the boat I did cool off on the way back to the ramp so that saved me for sure.

I learned something new today.

Incredible how fast it came on and glad we did not stick around even though I wanted too.

I will be bringing some hand towels to cool off with tomorrow as Ken Gaby suggested soaking them in the ice water from the cooler.

My Dad already grabbed some Pedialyte for tomorrow as well.

Thanks again for the tips and replies.

Be safe and heed what happened to me.

Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13254863 08/21/19 11:06 AM
DFW-fisherman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Thanks everyone for sharing about this nasty heat warning.

Re: 2 mile bridge [Re: fishrdude] #13254949 08/21/19 12:40 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by fishrdude
Hey fishinaholic I live in Lewisville and fish the I35 and Little Elm bridges alot but wanted to try a new one. Do you have one you would recomend? Thanks.

The Toll bridge on Lewisville can be good at times. Tends to not get as much pressure as the others.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide