Forums59
Topics1,039,181
Posts13,960,468
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: forkduc] #13249768 08/16/19 02:24 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by forkduc
Game was scheduled here. I would think there would have been protestors show up. Not a bad decision!

What exactly would they be protesting ?

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: WAWI] #13249773 08/16/19 02:30 PM
S
Snakeyes711 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by WAWI
Game was scheduled here. I would think there would have been protestors show up. Not a bad decision!

x2

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: Coach Hark] #13249785 08/16/19 02:38 PM
T
Trickster Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
T
They consulted with local law enforcement. I suspect something that is not being reported was the reason for the cancellation.

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: Coach Hark] #13249798 08/16/19 02:50 PM
jwcromer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
why were they playing them in the first place....................

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: Coach Hark] #13249805 08/16/19 02:53 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
I have no opinion but need to add to my post count also.

They could meet at a neutral site maybe

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: RayBob] #13249815 08/16/19 03:02 PM
C
Coach Hark Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by RayBob

Though you’re just getting your post count up RayBob, your reply was suggested. Ysleta supe said they would host the game, Plano said NO. They also offered to play at a neutral site which Plano also said NO. I believe the UIL may get involved as districts sign 2 year contracts in non district games.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: Coach Hark] #13249823 08/16/19 03:07 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Pisses me off, let em play. Easy opportunity to have a few unite.

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: senko9S] #13249826 08/16/19 03:10 PM
C
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by senko9S
Pisses me off, let em play. Easy opportunity to have a few unite.

I concur. The 1st NFL game after 9/11 was the 1st return to normalcy at the time.

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: Coach Hark] #13249831 08/16/19 03:16 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Still not normal to me coach, wish it was.

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: Coach Hark] #13249855 08/16/19 03:34 PM
O
outdoor-addict Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
Another mix of politics and sports. Yes, an opportunity to show unity but the negatives out weigh the positives here.

Where it's played wouldn't diminish the risk of the negatives, it just puts the burden of security on someone else outside of these two school districts.

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: Coach Hark] #13249870 08/16/19 03:43 PM
K
kemon86 Offline
Angler
Angler
K
Originally Posted by Coach Hark

Though you’re just getting your post count up RayBob, your reply was suggested. Ysleta supe said they would host the game, Plano said NO. They also offered to play at a neutral site which Plano also said NO. I believe the UIL may get involved as districts sign 2 year contracts in non district games.

More like formal handshakes. No contracts being signed in high school football unless it's for a stadium rental. You can drop or add anyone you want as long as you stay under max # of games or scrimmages.

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: kemon86] #13249907 08/16/19 04:06 PM
C
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by kemon86
Originally Posted by Coach Hark

More like formal handshakes. No contracts being signed in high school football unless it's for a stadium rental. You can drop or add anyone you want as long as you stay under max # of games or scrimmages.

Said contract

University Interscholastic League
Football Game Contract
THIS AGREEMENT, entered into this _____ day of _______________, 20 _____, by and between _________________________,
_________________________(title), _________________________(home town), High School, hereinafter designated as the part of
the first part, and _________________________, _________________________, of _________________________(visiting team), High School, hereinafter designated as the party of the second part, stipulates as follows:
1. The said parties mutually agree to cause the _________________________ teams of the high school of which they are respectively officials to meet in the city of _________________________ on the _____ day of _______________, 20_____, and then and there engage in a game of _________________________, said game to start at or about __________ o’clock, p.m.
2. The above mentioned game of _________________________ shall be conducted under the University Interscholastic League rules and regulations in force at the time of the game, with the provisions of which rules and regulations each of the signers hereto declares himself to be familiar, and any provision of this contract contravening any rule of the League shall invalidate the whole contract.
3. The part of the first part agrees to provide a playing field or court for said game, to collect admission fees and to make a business settlement under the terms of this contract within a reasonable time after the conclusion of said game.
4. The party of the first part agrees to pay the part of the second part:
(a) the sum of $_______________ for playing said game or, in lieu thereof, at the option of the party of the second part,
(b) actual traveling expenses of a party to the number of _________________________, said expenses to consist of cost of
transportation of the party to the number of _________________________, from _________________________, Texas, to
_________________________, Texas, and reasonable hotel expenses, together with one-half of the net gate receipts of said game. It is agreed that the above mentioned traveling expenses shall be considered as an expense of the game in computing the net gate receipts.
5. Both parties agree that in case they fail mutually to agree upon officials for said above mentioned game at least 7 days prior to the time set for the game, the Athletic Director of the Interscholastic League shall have authority to appoint the officials necessary for the proper conduct of said game.
6. In case either party fails to produce his team and play the said game on said date and at said place, or breaches any clause of this agreement, the party so in fault agrees to pay to the party not in fault the sum of $_______________ as a forfeit within one week of the date on which said breach of contract shall occur, together with all expenses incurred in pursuance of this contract by the team which is not at fault, such payment to be conclusive of further damages, except in case of breach of Clause Number 4 above.
7. In case either the ________________________ High School or the ________________________ High School shall be suspended in the sport of ________________________ from the Interscholastic League, this agreement shall become null and void.
8. Both parties agree to the (1) radio broadcast; (2) telecast; or (3) tape delay of the contest, with the understanding that any income from said broadcast/telecast shall be considered in the gross receipts.
(Duplicate as needed)
Signed in duplicate:
________________________________________________________________ Superintendent/Principal
______________________________________________________ High School
________________________________________________________________ Superintendent/Principal
______________________________________________________ High School
(Revised 1-2000)

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: Coach Hark] #13249910 08/16/19 04:07 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
wink

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: Coach Hark] #13249919 08/16/19 04:16 PM
K
kemon86 Offline
Angler
Angler
K
I stand corrected I guess, but I'm leaning towards that being a playoff contract. Schools mutually agree on the 2 yr deal where you play at my place and I play at your's, then you can switch, but I've been involved with numerous schools/coaches dropping someone for poor sportsmanship or being hosted or what not... so then what happened? What happened to the school that breached the contract? Nothing? Why have a contract if they weren't penalized?

Re: Thoughts on Plano dropping El Paso Eastwood [Re: WAWI] #13249934 08/16/19 04:39 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by WAWI

Headlights on at boat ramps is my guess. If not, maybe it’s labradoodles. Hell, I don’t know. Quit asking me so many questions.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide