Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: Bass Buster1] #13248088 08/14/19 11:21 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
I get that, I live right on Ray Roberts, it is my back yard. I am an avid lifetime fisherman and since last fall fortunate enough to be a lakeside property owner. I get both viewpoints completely. I think it is humorous actually that a bunch of grown people feel like their civil rights are being violated in the worst way because some property owners don't want you fishing their dock. I also understand the property owners view point of "we worked very hard to be able to afford a lake house with a dock and we really don't want hooks in our dock or broken off under water where we or our family could get injured". I also get the slippery "well if they can block off a swim area so can I" slope where we fisherman start to lose prime places to fish all over the lakes. I get it, but to me it is really not worth fighting over. Plenty of good water and plenty of good fisherman friendly docks to fish. Good Grief this is how we get silly laws like can't fish within X number of feet from a boat dock if we are not careful. Who has more money for lawyers, people who own million dollar lake homes or fisherman?? The ones with the most money usually win where the law is concerned. Answer to all of this is human decency on both sides, be nice it is easy. BTW if you want to fish behind my house go for it!

well written point but.........the land owner doesn't own the water therefor cannot "take ownership" by blocking it off. Is that a fair way of putting it regardless of any other points?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13248241 08/15/19 01:27 AM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Anyone catch a fish around this dock lately hmmm

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13248245 08/15/19 01:32 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Has anyone thought of contacting one of the investigative reporters in the area to see if they will cover the story and find out why the delay?

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: Bass Buster1] #13248348 08/15/19 02:59 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I get that, I live right on Ray Roberts, it is my back yard. I am an avid lifetime fisherman and since last fall fortunate enough to be a lakeside property owner. I get both viewpoints completely. I think it is humorous actually that a bunch of grown people feel like their civil rights are being violated in the worst way because some property owners don't want you fishing their dock. I also understand the property owners view point of "we worked very hard to be able to afford a lake house with a dock and we really don't want hooks in our dock or broken off under water where we or our family could get injured". I also get the slippery "well if they can block off a swim area so can I" slope where we fisherman start to lose prime places to fish all over the lakes. I get it, but to me it is really not worth fighting over. Plenty of good water and plenty of good fisherman friendly docks to fish. Good Grief this is how we get silly laws like can't fish within X number of feet from a boat dock if we are not careful. Who has more money for lawyers, people who own million dollar lake homes or fisherman?? The ones with the most money usually win where the law is concerned. Answer to all of this is human decency on both sides, be nice it is easy. BTW if you want to fish behind my house go for it!

I was on the fishing side of this at first. After reading this post I am a little more on the fence about it. I think he is right that if these lakeside owners get together and make a stand the outcome could go very wrong for the angler. The posts that instigate others to go antagonize the people are just insane and in all honesty counter productive. Just because the law is on your side now doesn’t mean it can’t change. Remember that lakes are not built for the purpose of fishing. That is a regulated luxury the state allows you so changing a law about making dock fishing illegal is not out of the question. I was watching an episode of “Know Fishing” and the angler was going to pitch a lure underneath a pontoon boat and he absolutely nailed one of the pontoons and then yelled “wake up”. No remorse about it. Imagine having to deal with that daily by multiple anglers. So I can sympathize with them along with the angler because I like fishing docks. At this point they should remove the ropes because it is illegal but eventually something will be done to protect them and threads with posts encouraging anglers to aggravate these people is just fuel for there fire. This is a public forum.

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13248430 08/15/19 05:47 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Even if the homeowner ends up being allowed to keep up the roped swim area, he has probably had an attitude adjustment after what this has caused. I doubt he will be out yelling at anyone who fishes the area. Not sure about that particular lake but usually there is a water authority that has control of all of the land surrounding the lake. The homeowners lease the land adjacent to the lake and in the lease are allowed to build docks. Those leases are usually something like yearly with a fee. I am sure that he has figured out by now that not only could he be fined, he could lose his rights to lease that land and therefore lose his dock.

What he did wasn't right but why keep this going? Go fish it if you must or just fish the other docks and move on. Pretty small issue in reality to be getting this much attention on here.

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13248599 08/15/19 01:09 PM
T Bird Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Quote: What he did wasn't right but why keep this going? Go fish it if you must or just fish the other docks and move on. Pretty small issue in reality to be getting this much attention on here.

Actually it's a big issue. What gives this Jack Wagon the right to do what he's doing? Let him get away with it and you'll have more and more doing the same.

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: Bass Buster1] #13248634 08/15/19 01:37 PM
B
bobcat4118 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Same here. I have a dock on the water and thinking about all the lost hooks and baits around my dock, while my children are swimming makes me uncomfortable, but that's just part of it. The guy that started all this IS in the wrong and needs to be dealt with.
I've been yelled at and cussed for fishing "too close" to peoples docks before and that shi% pisses me off. Like Bass Buster said.... "Answer to all of this is human decency on both sides, be nice it is easy"

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: Bass Buster1] #13248738 08/15/19 02:48 PM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler

Reading the first bold statement is completely contradictory. You don't "get" both completely if you think part of it is humorous.

As to the "silly laws", the entire point is that there are already (and have been for a very long time) laws in place to protect fishermen and hunters in this great state of ours, including Lake LBJ. I am very proud of my Texas heritage and the laws that protect our right to hunt and fish. I do fear migration of liberal outsiders into our state will (and I'm sure already have) bring more and more of these "ME, ME, ME" people in that will try and challenge some freedoms and rights that we as outdoorsmen possess and need. As many have said, let this clown continue to get away with it and more will follow the example. Then you will have hundreds of docks roped off and a case of "normalcy" that would be easier to for a judge to rule in favor of.

I, like you, say all of this as a lakefront homeowner. We have a long isolated fishing pier on a main lake point as well as a dual boat house not far away. Both of those structures are fished every Saturday and Sunday morning and throughout the day by bass fishermen. For the past 17 years my kids have swam and played in the area between them 15-20 weekends a year. In all of those years I have only had one issue when a tournament team came in to fish the dock when myself and three of my kids were fishing from the pier already. And I'm definitely knocking on wood on this one, but in all of those years, not a single hook injury has been sustained by anyone. If there had been, it is what it is. If I wanted there to be zero chance of injury in life, I'd have to stay in bed every day, all day.

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13248764 08/15/19 03:07 PM
S
sliding by Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I have a main body dock on Granbury. Gets fished every weekend and Wednesday evenings. If I am not busy, I always try to talk to the fishermen or women that come by. I always stay off of the dock to allow them space to work. Once they move to the next one, I will go out on my dock to continue the conversation. I enjoy the banter and hope that it puts them at ease. Plus, it gives me a chance to pick them brains on how their doing and what is working.

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: Walls] #13248801 08/15/19 03:36 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by 5X3Phoenix

Reading the first bold statement is completely contradictory. You don't "get" both completely if you think part of it is humorous.

As to the "silly laws", the entire point is that there are already (and have been for a very long time) laws in place to protect fishermen and hunters in this great state of ours, including Lake LBJ. I am very proud of my Texas heritage and the laws that protect our right to hunt and fish. I do fear migration of liberal outsiders into our state will (and I'm sure already have) bring more and more of these "ME, ME, ME" people in that will try and challenge some freedoms and rights that we as outdoorsmen possess and need. As many have said, let this clown continue to get away with it and more will follow the example. Then you will have hundreds of docks roped off and a case of "normalcy" that would be easier to for a judge to rule in favor of.

I, like you, say all of this as a lakefront homeowner. We have a long isolated fishing pier on a main lake point as well as a dual boat house not far away. Both of those structures are fished every Saturday and Sunday morning and throughout the day by bass fishermen. For the past 17 years my kids have swam and played in the area between them 15-20 weekends a year. In all of those years I have only had one issue when a tournament team came in to fish the dock when myself and three of my kids were fishing from the pier already. And I'm definitely knocking on wood on this one, but in all of those years, not a single hook injury has been sustained by anyone. If there had been, it is what it is. If I wanted there to be zero chance of injury in life, I'd have to stay in bed every day, all day.

My main point is the way to resolve this is both sides being charitable toward each other will prevent the law form having to be called in to resolve the conflict. My question is can't two people now days simply work things out in a Christian way without calling on the govt.? (Romans 12:10 and Romans 14:19) Another point is there are two sides two every coin and it is usually a good idea to clearly see both. Property owner is wrong for roping off an area and harassing fishermen, the boater as well as others on here IMO are wrong for getting on a public forum and calling on everyone to further antagonize the property owner. Like I said, solution is be decent and be nice. Everyone have a great day and go fishing!!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13248845 08/15/19 04:10 PM
jwcromer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
how much water can a dock owner own,10 yrds,20 yrds 50 yrds 100 yrds this has nothing to do with fish,a dock owner thinks the water around the dock is his,and so far it is.

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13260123 08/26/19 03:15 PM
B
BrandoA Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
just an update...as of this morning nothing has changed. I'm curious on how much time was given to remove the swim area barrier.

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13260186 08/26/19 04:03 PM
C
ChampionDon (SkeeterDon) Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C
Yeah was there this past Monday and it was still there as well. The Ranger did not give a specific time frame. But will reach out to him soon to see about any follow up on his part. We should all stop by and give this area some time to fish it, just be prepared to record any conversation that happens. It would be interesting if any comments are made by the owner to those that fish it.....keep us updated.

2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Lake Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2
Central Texas Realtor, Helping People Buy/Sell Their Home, Give Me A Call.
2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS
www.powertackle.com
www.swaggertackle.com
www.hogfarmberbaits.com
www.honestac.com
www.whortonins.com
Donnie C. O'Neal - 512-431-5977

Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13260665 08/26/19 10:10 PM
C
Crowbar Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
C
Our family has had a dock on Lake Travis since 1979. Most of those years it has had a fish feeder and trees hung below it...in other words, usually a productive place. Multiple boats fish it every weekend. I am trying to recall the last time I actually found a hook or lure snagged anywhere on or around the dock? I get that the thought of having broken hooks and other such hidden things lurking about a dock is unappealing, we just honestly have not found this to ever be an issue. I tell the same to other owners when they try and shoo me away from their docks claiming they are tired of repairing all the damage fishermen do to their cables, electrical wiring, pumps, etc. When I tell them how unlucky they must be because in 40 years I have never had to repair any damage done by a fisherman they USUALLY clam up pretty quick. LOL

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Re: LBJ Owner Conflict on Water [Re: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)] #13260720 08/26/19 11:02 PM
fivebites Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Well I fished it yesterday. I was making my way from the bridge towards his dock when he AND his very large St. Bernard dog made their way to the dock. We had a brief but pleasant conversation about his dog. I fished his dock with no issues...and caught nothing. That's all I got.

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide