I rest my case.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Do video games influence [Re: fish4bass] #13241260 08/09/19 12:19 AM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by fish4bass
Syria. No killing there. Afghanistan ...... No killing there either right? "No video games and no killings".... reading comprehension.

Strong gun laws in Mexico. Only criminals and cops have guns and the cops show up in time to put on the toe tags...lots of toe tags.

19 bodies hung from bridge or hacked up in Mexico gang feud

"Mexican police found nine bodies hanging from an overpass Thursday alongside a drug cartel banner threatening rivals, and seven more corpses hacked up and dumped by the road nearby. Just down the road were three more bodies, for a total of 19.

The killing spree reported by prosecutors in the western state of Michoacan marked a return to the grisly massacres carried out by drug cartels at the height of Mexico’s 2006-2012 drug war, when piles of bodies were dumped on roadways as a message to authorities and rival gangs."

https://www.apnews.com/de294939aa834fa29e18ed2d4a599c3c

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Do video games influence [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13241264 08/09/19 12:23 AM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by 9094
Absolutely they do. They desensitize the users.
Also I have worked around firearms my entire life and it is amazing when a preteen walks into a store and knows exactly how to use an AR or glock. They even know the models. And when asked the parents tell you they don’t own one and the kid has never actually held a real one.
These same kids never heard of a Weatherby or Savage. Just the stuff they learn about on video games.
And no every kid is. It effected but a kid that is a little off might be.
And it’s a joke if the people on here don’t think that parents don’t openly buy rated M games for their kids. And teens or just past teens are the ones doing most of these shootings so rated T for teen is ridiculous.
I know several parents that actually have done interventions and put their kids in rehab over gaming.
When you have to get mental help for you kids over video games it has gone too far.

Can you clarify this part?

“And it’s a joke if the people on here don’t think that parents don’t openly buy rated M games for their kids. And teens or just past teens are the ones doing most of these shootings so rated T for teen is ridiculous.
I know several parents that actually have done interventions and put their kids in rehab over gaming.
When you have to get mental help for you kids over video games it has gone too far.”

Teens shouldn’t be playing M rated games and parents shouldn’t buy their kids M rated games. They are for 17 and older, like R rated movies are. T rated games can have mild violence and crude humor, just like a PG-13 movie. Mature video games are not for teens.

Parents need to parent. Stop buying mature titles for teens or younger. If your kid can’t handle a T rated game or PG-13 movie, don’t let them consume it.

If your kid is playing video games too much for your liking, then restrict their access. When you have to do rehab and interventions for video games and your kids, you let it get to far, the games didn’t go too far.

You actually think all parents follow ratings and don’t buy whatever their kid wants? Of course they shouldn’t do it but they do. I assure you there are parents on this forum right now that have bought their kids games that were rated for older people.
You are right but not realistic. And I agree parents let it get to far but that is exactly what this subject is about. Zero oversight and letting kids get to far gone. Parents not being good parents and as long as their kids aren’t bothering them all is good.
I was considered an overly strict parent by many but now that my kids are grown they admit we raised them right.
Parents want their kids to like them as a friend and do anything they want.

Re: Do video games influence [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13241265 08/09/19 12:25 AM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I rest my case.

No offence.... You posted a picture of your lard arse. I am sorry you got offended.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: Do video games influence [Re: fish4bass] #13241269 08/09/19 12:26 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
I rest my case.

No offence.... You posted a picture of your lard arse. I am sorry you got offended.

Was Mort gay? Asking for a friend.

Re: Do video games influence [Re: 9094] #13241284 08/09/19 12:39 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Absolutely they do. They desensitize the users.
Also I have worked around firearms my entire life and it is amazing when a preteen walks into a store and knows exactly how to use an AR or glock. They even know the models. And when asked the parents tell you they don’t own one and the kid has never actually held a real one.
These same kids never heard of a Weatherby or Savage. Just the stuff they learn about on video games.
And no every kid is. It effected but a kid that is a little off might be.
And it’s a joke if the people on here don’t think that parents don’t openly buy rated M games for their kids. And teens or just past teens are the ones doing most of these shootings so rated T for teen is ridiculous.
When you have to get mental help for you kids over video games it has gone too far.

Can you clarify this part?

“And it’s a joke if the people on here don’t think that parents don’t openly buy rated M games for their kids. And teens or just past teens are the ones doing most of these shootings so rated T for teen is ridiculous.
When you have to get mental help for you kids over video games it has gone too far.”

Teens shouldn’t be playing M rated games and parents shouldn’t buy their kids M rated games. They are for 17 and older, like R rated movies are. T rated games can have mild violence and crude humor, just like a PG-13 movie. Mature video games are not for teens.

Parents need to parent. Stop buying mature titles for teens or younger. If your kid can’t handle a T rated game or PG-13 movie, don’t let them consume it.

If your kid is playing video games too much for your liking, then restrict their access. When you have to do rehab and interventions for video games and your kids, you let it get to far, the games didn’t go too far.

You actually think all parents follow ratings and don’t buy whatever their kid wants? Of course they shouldn’t do it but they do. I assure you there are parents on this forum right now that have bought their kids games that were rated for older people.
You are right but not realistic. And I agree parents let it get to far but that is exactly what this subject is about. Zero oversight and letting kids get to far gone. Parents not being good parents and as long as their kids aren’t bothering them all is good.
I was considered an overly strict parent by many but now that my kids are grown they admit we raised them right.
Parents want their kids to like them as a friend and do anything they want.

No, I don’t think that. Hence, me saying parents should parent. You blame video games, not parents who should know their kids, know what is good for their kids, take five seconds to read the rating on the front of the damn box they’re buying for their kid. Or know what their kid is doing in their room.

You’re blaming video games for kids being messed up when parents are buying them for the kids. Parents aren’t following the ratings. Parents aren’t aware of what their kids are consuming.

Parents are also handing iPads to their kids with YouTube dialed up then not paying attention to what kids click on. It’s easy to get from a kid YouTube channel to mature content, even with parental controls on. I see it with my nieces and nephews all the time.

How is that not realistic? You’re making excuses. Here is an example from my childhood. I’m the oldest of three. My sister is three years younger than me, my brother six years younger than me. When I was 13, The Simpsons was popular. I wasn’t allowed to watch it with my siblings in the room because it wasn’t appropriate (or my parents deemed it so) for my siblings to watch.

That’s called parenting. I’m not saying it easy. I’m not saying it’s not a full time job. But violent video games aren’t for young kids. Parents shouldn’t let them play them. And they shouldn’t let kids become consumed by video games of any type, either. That’s parenting.

You agree with me, but that isn’t what you’ve been saying. Parents shouldn’t let their kids play violent video games. That doesn’t mean that violent video games shouldn’t be made. Video games, in addition to other types of media and behavior, should be parented. Video games, by the way, fall under the first amendment.

Edited to add: I expect that you would have an issue with a parent giving a teenager a gun, especially if that kid went to school and shot classmates. We agree that would be bad parenting, right? So you also believe it is wrong for a parent to buy violent video games, or let them become consumed by video games and violent ones at that, right? It’s not the gun’s fault and it’s not the video game’s fault in either example.

By the way, I’ve enjoyed the discussion with you so far. cheers

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 08/09/19 12:46 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Do video games influence [Re: fish4bass] #13241285 08/09/19 12:40 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I rest my case.

Everyone of your posts is you showing your arse.

[Linked Image]
Re: Do video games influence [Re: slim 285] #13241286 08/09/19 12:42 AM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
I dunno, I played a crapload of Doom in my younger years and haven't BFG'd anyone in real life.

Re: Do video games influence [Re: fish4bass] #13241287 08/09/19 12:43 AM
1ShotNoKills Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I rest my case.

Let's see your pic

Re: Do video games influence [Re: ReelBusy] #13241288 08/09/19 12:44 AM
1ShotNoKills Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Hancock
I dunno, I played a crapload of Doom in my younger years and haven't BFG'd anyone in real life.

Same

And many other games. Love GTA and never done that in RL

Re: Do video games influence [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13241299 08/09/19 12:55 AM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I rest my case.

Mort? Gay? That is what you come up with? Put down the bottle and go downtown and see an orchestra or a
museum Ross and him built.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: Do video games influence [Re: 1ShotNoKills] #13241301 08/09/19 12:55 AM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I rest my case.

Let's see your pic

Please

Re: Do video games influence [Re: fish4bass] #13241305 08/09/19 12:58 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
I rest my case.

Mort? Gay? That is what you come up with? Put down the bottle and go downtown and see an orchestra or a
museum Ross and him built.

I'll take that as a yes.

Re: Do video games influence [Re: Westside.] #13241308 08/09/19 01:00 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Westside.
Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I rest my case.

Let's see your pic

Please

[Linked Image]

Re: Do video games influence [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13241311 08/09/19 01:03 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
[quote=Bigbob_FTW][quote=fish4bass][quote=Bigbob_FTW]I rest my case.

Why are you firing SCUDS at Bigbob? 1Shot is the one who exposed the litany of lies you’ve told. If you won’t take accountability for what you’ve done at least choose a more situation-appropriate target for your misplaced anger.

Know A Fence. cheers

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide