Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,132
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: 361V] #13227593 07/28/19 12:59 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by 361V
I’m not sure who is worse: that lying cheating POS or the guys that were getting duped by pictures such as this. Come on. Who wouldn’t see something “fishy” about this: [Linked Image]

Not surprised in the kayak scene. Most of those guys are complete novices to the sport. Atleast someone spoke up finally.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13228646 07/29/19 02:56 PM
S
stanh Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Hey Jarrett Latta, since you missed it... the scoring guys did not get duped, as you allege. They caught the cheater because they were just as smart as you must be. As far as most of those guys being complete novices- you are dead wrong- again. I'd put many of them up against any angler. Obviously, they are not as good as your are though. Just more humble. And we welcome novices into our sport. I guess you never had to experience that phase of tournament fishing.

Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: stanh] #13228784 07/29/19 04:33 PM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by stanh
Hey Jarrett Latta, since you missed it... the scoring guys did not get duped, as you allege. They caught the cheater because they were just as smart as you must be. As far as most of those guys being complete novices- you are dead wrong- again. I'd put many of them up against any angler. Obviously, they are not as good as your are though. Just more humble. And we welcome novices into our sport. I guess you never had to experience that phase of tournament fishing.

Lol, strike a nerve?

[Linked Image]
Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: SC-001] #13228841 07/29/19 05:25 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Legend LE-195
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by WAWI
Lol, kayaks

According to his Instagram, it appears he has a bass boat now. Pictures that were posted above in this thread with weird bass tails are still on his feed, too.

Regardless he is done on the tournament scene like Ryan Lovelace, most all trails I know have the rule if your were ever verified cheating you aren't eligible to enter. I'm sure he will try to weasel his way into some jackpots or wednesday nighters. His brother still appears to be fishing the kayak scene and posting length pictures with his hand over the bass just like lil bro...hmmm https://tourneyx.com/app/tourney/2018-kbf-trail-22-lake-whitney-tx

He should be done. I was kidding WAWI with the bass boat thing (although the guy does appear to have a bass boat now).

[Linked Image]
Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: fouzman] #13229095 07/29/19 08:19 PM
C
ChampionDon (SkeeterDon) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Did I miss it? What is the guys name? I feel this is important for others to know. I sure would hate for him to join a club or enter a tourney that someone was running and not know his name.

2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Lake Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2
Central Texas Realtor, Helping People Buy/Sell Their Home, Give Me A Call.
2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS
www.powertackle.com
www.swaggertackle.com
www.hogfarmberbaits.com
www.honestac.com
www.whortonins.com
Donnie C. O'Neal - 512-431-5977

Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: fouzman] #13229698 07/30/19 10:39 AM
J
John Stockman Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
The tournament director didn't miss a thing. From the first incident the TD was on him. TPWD and local LE was contacted. He was told to hold off while TPWD built a case. Xander the TD immediately started sharing the pics with other TDs in the region. Myself and other TDs went to work and created rules where this was addressed. An angler can no longer submit pics with any portion of the tail covered. As far as novices the majority of kayak anglers a kayak is the first opportunity for them to leave the bank. Tournament kayak anglers for the most experienced anglers most of us either having a boat or owning a boat previously. No nerves hit here just stating facts from someone who was involved and knew the turd personally.

Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: fouzman] #13229772 07/30/19 12:33 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by fouzman
https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20180525a

Stretching the Limits

Game wardens investigating possible bass fishing tournament fraud in Travis and Bastrop counties discovered a unique sleight of hand while checking the potential violator after he had submitted questionable photos to a tournament on Decker Lake. The catch and release kayak fishing event used photos taken by contestants out on the water of their catches placed on a measuring board, with the angler having the most inches of bass in the aggregate declared the winner. Upon inspection of the violators vessel, a cut tail of a bass was found in the paddle well of the kayak. The violator initially stated he found the cut tail in the reeds and was taking it to shore to turn it in. Later the violator confirmed to have used the tail to place over another bass, using his hand to cover the questionable area, to make the fish look longer on multiple occasions. The violator was arrested for fraud in a fishing tournament. The charges are pending.

thumb

Whats the point of you re posting this is there new information, was he sentenced?

Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: fouzman] #13229798 07/30/19 12:50 PM
fouzman Offline OP
Methuselah
OP Offline
Methuselah
Re posting? I posted that article the day it was released by TPWD, Jeff. It had been discussed here previously, but this was the first press release that I saw regarding disposition of the case. Seems like you enjoy conflict. Always trying to start an argument on here. Go bark up another tree. I'm not playing your game.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13229827 07/30/19 01:19 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20180525a

Stretching the Limits

Game wardens investigating possible bass fishing tournament fraud in Travis and Bastrop counties discovered a unique sleight of hand while checking the potential violator after he had submitted questionable photos to a tournament on Decker Lake. The catch and release kayak fishing event used photos taken by contestants out on the water of their catches placed on a measuring board, with the angler having the most inches of bass in the aggregate declared the winner. Upon inspection of the violators vessel, a cut tail of a bass was found in the paddle well of the kayak. The violator initially stated he found the cut tail in the reeds and was taking it to shore to turn it in. Later the violator confirmed to have used the tail to place over another bass, using his hand to cover the questionable area, to make the fish look longer on multiple occasions. The violator was arrested for fraud in a fishing tournament. The charges are pending.

thumb

Whats the point of you re posting this is there new information, was he sentenced?
You rarely pick your battles very well. This post has been timely, informative and often entertaining. Nobody unfairly thrown under any buses that I’ve seen.

Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: fouzman] #13229828 07/30/19 01:22 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Just one more reason to pile on to the other hundred I have as to why tournament fishing isn't for me.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Remember the Cheating Kayak Bass Tournament Dude? [Re: fouzman] #13230396 07/30/19 08:29 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Re posting? I posted that article the day it was released by TPWD, Jeff. It had been discussed here previously, but this was the first press release that I saw regarding disposition of the case. Seems like you enjoy conflict. Always trying to start an argument on here. Go bark up another tree. I'm not playing your game.

RE posting..... all this is old news.

https://www.wired2fish.com/news/alleged-cheater-charged-in-kayak-fishing-tournament/#slide_1

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide