Forums59
Topics1,039,124
Posts13,959,585
Members144,187
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13225164 07/25/19 01:43 PM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Momma says.....”we gotta run that beach!”

[Linked Image]

๐Ÿ˜Ž Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13225708 07/25/19 11:38 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Go get'em Rocky!

Hard stuff!

...!

Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13225795 07/26/19 01:42 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Atta boy Okie!!!!

I made 211 today, slowly but surely!

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: patriot07] #13225904 07/26/19 04:55 AM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by patriot07
Atta boy Okie!!!!

Dude.....you’re frickin’ killing it. Do not give up! 11 pounds to go. No matter what, do not give up! Go, bro......

Post every other day. We gotta keep a check on you. Lots of other people are watching, too.

Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13225936 07/26/19 10:56 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Atta boy Okie!!!!

Dude.....you’re frickin’ killing it. Do not give up! 11 pounds to go. No matter what, do not give up! Go, bro......

Post every other day. We gotta keep a check on you. Lots of other people are watching, too.

thumb

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13227672 07/28/19 02:08 PM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Killed it this week on steps but that’s about all. Too much drinking and eating......step Count Total for the week is 93,813.

[Linked Image]

Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13227814 07/28/19 05:27 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Good gosh - 93k steps. Awesome

I'm down to 210 - still on track to hit 200 in the next 21 days and win the bet.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: patriot07] #13228438 07/29/19 11:13 AM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Good gosh - 93k steps. Awesome

I'm down to 210 - still on track to hit 200 in the next 21 days and win the bet.

Thanks, patriot! I'm not planning on weighing for 3 or 4 days. Gotta get back in check with eating habits. We've been living it up in CA for the last 5 days but time to get back to new normal. You are doing it and you will make it. You waited so long to get going but your dedication is proving that you can and will succeed. Stay strong and stay hungry. It's only for a few more weeks. Keep posting. Lots of folks are following you....

Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13229973 07/30/19 03:12 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Somebody hung all their clothes on the scale in the gym this morning, so no weight update. Will provide another either tomorrow or the next day. Thanks for the encouragement Okie! 19 more days...

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: patriot07] #13230359 07/30/19 08:03 PM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Somebody hung all their clothes on the scale in the gym this morning, so no weight update. Will provide another either tomorrow or the next day. Thanks for the encouragement Okie! 19 more days...

Truck it, baby....All day long! You got dis.....

Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13232098 08/01/19 11:25 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
209 - spent 3 or 4 days at 210 and had a tough time getting past it. Thinking I'll be at 208 tomorrow if I have a good day.

17 days left, and would like to stay ahead of the half-pound-per-day rate since that's about the most I can reasonably lose.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13232117 08/01/19 12:00 PM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Awesome, dude....no letting up now. Give it all you got! Well, you already have as much weight as you've taken off. Do you feel better? You've pretty much went on a crash diet, so maybe not....
After the contest, you can start managing your weight and start eating again. I think the only way that I could lost like you would be to pretty much just quit eating. We all know that's not healthy, but it's not for a long term. You gotta win the bet! And you're going to. Then we'll go have a beer together, haha. and some chocolate pie!

Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13232137 08/01/19 12:24 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Awesome, dude....no letting up now. Give it all you got! Well, you already have as much weight as you've taken off. Do you feel better? You've pretty much went on a crash diet, so maybe not....
After the contest, you can start managing your weight and start eating again. I think the only way that I could lost like you would be to pretty much just quit eating. We all know that's not healthy, but it's not for a long term. You gotta win the bet! And you're going to. Then we'll go have a beer together, haha. and some chocolate pie!

There ain't much that I enjoy more than chocolate pie.

Honestly, the diet hasn't been that bad. I just pretty much eat protein, limited carbs, and not a ton of food. My wife makes this shredded chicken in the crock pot (taco seasoning, salsa, chicken, and something else), and it's insanely good and I can have a filling meal for like 175 calories. I went fully to diet sodas. Cutting carbs was by far the hardest part. The other key is that I'm young enough that my stomach shrinks pretty quick when I stop eating, so I'm really not that hungry most of the time. But I do only eat when I'm hungry. Maybe 50% of the time I only eat 2 meals a day with occasional snacks on turkey jerky to fill in. If I had a big meal, I know I'd be hungry all the time for a week til my stomach shrunk again, so I know I can't do that.

After the bet is over, I'm going to focus on reducing amounts of food. I've tried veggie-heavy diets a million times over the past decade with no success at all. I've learned through this that I'd rather not eat at all than have a bunch of veggies. So even long term, I don't see that being a problem. I do like salads and I just in general need to get more used to not eating stupidly unhealthy foods all the time.

One other side benefit is that my cholesterol was 213 in January, and I just donated blood last week and it was at 163. A full 50 point reduction - so that's a big win. I definitely feel better, fit in all my clothes better (some are now too loose), and just generally have more energy and feel less groggy/grumpy.

I do think the weight loss would've been easier if I hadn't started a new job and got into rental houses - I can definitely tell that the weight loss slows down when my stress increases, so that is another factor to consider for long-term health.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: patriot07] #13232265 08/01/19 02:15 PM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

Honestly, the diet hasn't been that bad. I just pretty much eat protein, limited carbs, and not a ton of food. My wife makes this shredded chicken in the crock pot (taco seasoning, salsa, chicken, and something else), and it's insanely good and I can have a filling meal for like 175 calories. I went fully to diet sodas. Cutting carbs was by far the hardest part. The other key is that I'm young enough that my stomach shrinks pretty quick when I stop eating, so I'm really not that hungry most of the time. But I do only eat when I'm hungry. Maybe 50% of the time I only eat 2 meals a day with occasional snacks on turkey jerky to fill in. If I had a big meal, I know I'd be hungry all the time for a week til my stomach shrunk again, so I know I can't do that.

After the bet is over, I'm going to focus on reducing amounts of food. I've tried veggie-heavy diets a million times over the past decade with no success at all. I've learned through this that I'd rather not eat at all than have a bunch of veggies. So even long term, I don't see that being a problem. I do like salads and I just in general need to get more used to not eating stupidly unhealthy foods all the time.

One other side benefit is that my cholesterol was 213 in January, and I just donated blood last week and it was at 163. A full 50 point reduction - so that's a big win. I definitely feel better, fit in all my clothes better (some are now too loose), and just generally have more energy and feel less groggy/grumpy.

I do think the weight loss would've been easier if I hadn't started a new job and got into rental houses - I can definitely tell that the weight loss slows down when my stress increases, so that is another factor to consider for long-term health.

thumb Do you really live at the island prison in France? It's gonna be kinda hard to get over there with the choc pie. thumb

Re: I want some accountability partners starting Feb 1st. [Re: Okie Poke] #13232429 08/01/19 03:58 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P

thumb Do you really live at the island prison in France? It's gonna be kinda hard to get over there with the choc pie. thumb

LOL

TFP had that as his location and I always loved it so I adopted it afterwards and hoped nobody held it too much against me.

I live over in Royse City (just east of Rockwall).

- Soren Kierkegaard
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide