Print Thread
Other Texas Coastal Forums #13219103 07/19/19 02:32 AM
F
FishWrangler2 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
F
Seems like not very many people really post to the saltwater forums on here very often. Any advice on where to find other inshore forums? The sandbass/striper forum is good on here but these saltwater ones are pretty slow.

Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: FishWrangler2] #13219122 07/19/19 02:58 AM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
2 cool fishing and dos frios which is spinoff.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: Pat Goff] #13220371 07/20/19 05:24 PM
R
Rxfire Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R

Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: FishWrangler2] #13220433 07/20/19 07:24 PM
C
Captain Nathan Beabout Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
are you looking for fishing reports or just general saltwater info? there are post made daily on this sight under inshore fishing, with the latest updates on what they are biting on and areas to find them.

Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: FishWrangler2] #13220856 07/21/19 03:49 AM
F
FishWrangler2 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
F
I mean it would be nice to have an idea what general fishing patterns were in different bay systems or if certain bays were fishing better at different points in time. For example, my friend have found the striper forums useful for figuring out which lakes seem to have better bites at the time than others. Really started looking on Facebook too. When you dont live on the water like we do, any kind tips or help can go a long way. I actually bought some fishing reports from a really good guide before a trip we took back in June and it really helped us out to where we really had a nice trip. Nothings worse than driving 300 miles and getting skunked!

While some people, like yourself post with some regularity, if I dont really fish or know that area, then Im not going to find that as valuable as someone who fishes in the areas I know. After fishing almost 30 years, I can pretty much fish from Panther down to the Laguna, but having some clue which of the 5-6 bays in between I need to focus goes a long way from changing a marginal trip into a great one.

In particular, because of the hurricane, my family is having to go up to Galveston, instead of the Rockport area, again and itd be nice to have some general ideas what the patterns are. I can look at maps all day long but if I dont have any basic direction, Ill be fishing a shoreline on the wring side of the bay.

Last edited by FishWrangler2; 07/21/19 04:00 AM.
Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: FishWrangler2] #13220883 07/21/19 07:56 AM
K
karstopo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Isnt there a West End Anglers forum for West Galveston Bay? I believe you have to join to see the reports. 2 cool gets a modest amount of reports from the upper coast. Dos Frios also sees some traffic from the same areas.

I dont know if the Texas based inshore saltwater forums in general are where they might have been several years ago, at least the ones Ive been familiar with. Some seem worse off than others.TKF comes to mind as slow to get new inshore reports these days as a comparison to a few years ago. Some forums get decent traffic in various sub forums, but fishing reports sub forums in general appear to have less useful information than they might have once had. You might get a typical post with a photo or two and and a vague general area identified with maybe what the fish bit on.

There are always exceptions and some reports will have a lot of useful information about a pattern in an area. Patterns change, though, on their own timing and fish are going to do the things they do and go where they wish regardless of what the latest report might have said. It is harder to piece together a picture of whats going on at a particular time and place if there arent very many detailed reports.

Used to be there were more particular fishermen that would post up regularly with a report and it would possible to figure out where they were fishing or the spot was very specifically identified. Some of those folks stopped posting, possibly because lots of folks showed up in the spots they posted about. Some of the guys that once posted reliable and detailed fishing reports from areas I liked to fish havent posted in years.

Overall, Id say folks that do post inshore fishing reports these days are a little more vague and cagey about giving away too much detail and who can blame them?

Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: FishWrangler2] #13221090 07/21/19 03:14 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
2 Cool Fishing. com For the saltwater folks. Covers the entire Tx Coast. with plenty of info.

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: FishWrangler2] #13221449 07/21/19 11:30 PM
C
Captain Nathan Beabout Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
FishWrangler2, I completely understand what you are saying. But, like i explain to my customers, I might not tell you the exact location, but I give you enough info on depths, lure colors, sand/grass, or shell and other info. That you could take to any bay system and find a starting point. First and foremost on the wading scene, bait is the biggest piece of the puzzle. I like to surround myself with rafts of mullet, balls of glass minnows or shrimp popping out of the water. Scattered jumping mullet doesn't always get me to stop and hop out. I am a firm believer in learning and understanding "WHY" fish are in an area or "WHAT" is holding fish over "WHERE" should I be fishing. the more you understand the 'WHY", the more confidence you have with "WHERE". you do not have to be on the water 25 days a month to understand this concept. taking mental notes each time you go out and logging winds, tides, weather, temps, time of year, major/minor feeds(solunar table) and bait located will start to show a pattern. one thing you've gotta remember is patterns hold for months at a time. typically from Mid March to early October we will fish the exact same shorelines or reefs every day, just maybe in a different order. the reason for this is the consistency of our weather. Once the cool fronts and cold fronts start to roll in, things will change. water temp cools off, fish go on bigger feeds pre and post fronts, the fall/winter is a trickier time of year to fish but can be figured out using the "WHY" method just the same, but does require logging more info each time you leave the dock.

I am not trying to put anybody down, simply trying to help, but i believe you will truly become a better fisherman in any bay system no matter how irregular your fishing opportunities are if mental notes and logging of information would be done, over simply trying to find exact locations. From the time somebody or a report gave you an exact area to fish, conditions could change just enough for those fish to leave that area. and 3 days, a week or two weeks go by before you get to go fishing and you strike out. but, if you knew the "WHY" it is very possible for you to make a small micro adjustment and relocate the fish, rather than leaving the area completely.

If you would like anymore info on this matter or any other discussions feel free to call me. I'm just trying to be helpful and informative. thanks

Last edited by Captain Nathan Beabout; 07/21/19 11:30 PM.
Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: FishWrangler2] #13222350 07/22/19 08:51 PM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
What Nathan said.
Nobody is ever going to mark a map X fish here.
But pay attention to what is being told. Grass/sand/shell/mud all give you a debt clue where to start looking.

And what is working in one bay might not exist in the next.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: V-Bottom] #13222400 07/22/19 09:27 PM
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by V-Bottom
2 Cool Fishing. com For the saltwater folks. Covers the entire Tx Coast. with plenty of info.

Just don't disagree with the guy known as "Bill". He will ban you in a heart beat.

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: FishWrangler2] #13222650 07/23/19 02:19 AM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Not as fast as the train out of the bunker here.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Other Texas Coastal Forums [Re: FishWrangler2] #13226053 07/26/19 01:48 PM
F
FishWrangler2 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
F
Ya, gotta say 2cool has been solid. People seem to be on there everyday and giving decent updates.

Pat, I know where to fish. I dont need GPS coordinates. Ive fished every major bay system for coming up on 30 years from Port OConnor to the Upper Laguna. Im just asking for general guidance on stuff like,
- Fish are on the deep reefs in San Antonio and Copano Bay in their summertime pattern
- Sand and grass shorelines are good in Aransas and Mesquite Bay
- Drifting the grass flats seems to be really producing good boxes of fish in the Rockport and Corpus Christi areas
- The action seems to be effective on falling tides in Redfish and South Bay

None of these are GPS coordinates. Honestly, if you gave them to me, Id probably ignore them because I wouldnt want to put that much trust in you or anyone after driving 350 miles. Also, more than likely, the fish wouldve moved out of that spot anyway. On the other hand, if I can know the general pattern and which bay system to target, then I can let my experience guide me to where the fish are specifically that day.

Finally, Nate, Im not ragging on you. I like your reports, but just dont fish your area as much. Wish people gave good updates like yours in more bay systems regularly. Thats all.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide