Effective for the 2019-2020 season (and every season thereafter), any person that volunteers in any capacity with the THSBA, including our tournament directors, their staff and our board members, will need to be SafeSport certified, no exceptions. We have a link to get registered for the certification on our website, www.texashighschoolbassassn.com.
To get to the link, follow these instructions:
1) Go to our website, www.texashighschoolbassassn.com
2) On the homepage there is a red task bar. Hover your cursor over “MEMBERSHIP”. A menu will drop down.
3) Click on “SAFESPORT” and another page will pull up.
4) Click on “You can get Certified by CLICKING HERE”
5) You will be directed to the THSBA page on Sports Engine. Follow the instructions on that page to get registered and pay the $10 for the course.
6) Once you register and pay, you will receive an email with a link to the course.
7) Watch the videos and take the test. You must make a 70 or higher to pass.
8) Once you successfully complete the course, print off your Certificate of Completion.
9) Add your Certificate of Completion to the fully completed Membership packet and email entire packet to the THSBA office (email found in the membership packet)
The SafeSport Act was enacted by Congress and signed into law by the President of the United States in February of 2018 and pertains to Sexual Abuse Awareness training.