ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Trunkful
Originally Posted by JayC41
Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider
It's called a stupid (but typical) response to a comment by the OT. Big difference between the BACK of a car and the BACKSEAT. What I'm sensing here is a lot of jealousy.

So it happened in the trunk?

lol

cheers

Trunkful.....now that's funny

Re: Fondest memories [Re: bill oxner] #13219085 07/19/19 01:55 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
It's called a stupid (but typical) response to a comment by the OT. Big difference between the BACK of a car and the BACKSEAT. What I'm sensing here is a lot of jealousy.

Bill (both you and Oxner) I apologize for making you both upset with what was meant to be an obvious joke based on two extremely similar posts about a time many clearly share. I know neither of you are gay, and surely werent gay together in a 1957 Chevy (trunk or back seat). I was 100% kidding, and thats why its a funny joke to me, because there was no truth to it, it was just a funny coincidence.

If you really were just joking then why did you get jealous?

The only thing Im jealous of is your ability to make a joke in this thread and not make people upset.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fondest memories [Re: Westside.] #13219093 07/19/19 02:04 AM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Westside.
Suddenly, not a fan of '57 chevy's

roflmao

Re: Fondest memories [Re: bill oxner] #13219116 07/19/19 02:52 AM
R
RHP Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
On top of a Surfboards Hawaii in the sand dunes on South Padre.

Re: Fondest memories [Re: bill oxner] #13219156 07/19/19 04:17 AM
T
TxBassSniper Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
I grew up in E. Texas and my grandparents had a lakefront house on Livingston (right across from what was Galloways back in the 80's) I would spend most of every summer at my grandparents house fishing from sunrise to sunset. There were a couple of boathouses and about 100 yards of shoreline rip rap, I learned every nook and cranny of the rip rap and knew every ambush spot and brush pile around the docks. My grandpa would sit and drink coffee and watch me fishing from his front porch in the morning before going to work. In the evenings we would take his bass tracker to a little spring fed creek that always held fish in the summer.
When I was in college my grandpa passed away suddenly while sitting on his front porch talking to my uncle. My grandma sold the place a couple of years later and so I only went back a couple of times because I was still close with some of the neighbors.
Last year my dad, who just turned 78 wanted to go back with me and my son, who was 15 at the time, for what may be his last time. So we got a hotel room in Livingston and went the next day. My son, who has autism, had never caught a bass on his own, so I tied on the same bait I used to use and told him exactly where to cast and he caught his first bass. Then he caught another and another. I've never seen him so proud. We all took pictures in front of my granddad's old place, and I could feel his presence still there on the front porch drinking coffee and cheering us on.

Re: Fondest memories [Re: TxBassSniper] #13219158 07/19/19 04:25 AM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"
Originally Posted by John Peebles
I grew up in E. Texas and my grandparents had a lakefront house on Livingston (right across from what was Galloways back in the 80's) I would spend most of every summer at my grandparents house fishing from sunrise to sunset. There were a couple of boathouses and about 100 yards of shoreline rip rap, I learned every nook and cranny of the rip rap and knew every ambush spot and brush pile around the docks. My grandpa would sit and drink coffee and watch me fishing from his front porch in the morning before going to work. In the evenings we would take his bass tracker to a little spring fed creek that always held fish in the summer.
When I was in college my grandpa passed away suddenly while sitting on his front porch talking to my uncle. My grandma sold the place a couple of years later and so I only went back a couple of times because I was still close with some of the neighbors.
Last year my dad, who just turned 78 wanted to go back with me and my son, who was 15 at the time, for what may be his last time. So we got a hotel room in Livingston and went the next day. My son, who has autism, had never caught a bass on his own, so I tied on the same bait I used to use and told him exactly where to cast and he caught his first bass. Then he caught another and another. I've never seen him so proud. We all took pictures in front of my granddad's old place, and I could feel his presence still there on the front porch drinking coffee and cheering us on.

Great story, thanks for sharing thumb

Don't worry about the mule, just load the cart
[Linked Image]
Re: Fondest memories [Re: TxBassSniper] #13219163 07/19/19 04:52 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Great memory. Glad you posted that.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fondest memories [Re: TxBassSniper] #13219191 07/19/19 10:31 AM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
P

Great memories all around. I remember fishing with my grandad when I was a teenager. We always went to some gravel pits that were just south of Dallas. It was private property and we always had to climb a fence to get to the water. He would always giggle every time we did that, but we saw the owner out there several times and he never said a word to us.

My folks had a lake house on Tawakoni many years ago and I also remember sitting on the dock fishing for crappie and catfish with my dad. Great times and I wish I could do that with him again.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We don’t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: Fondest memories [Re: Westside.] #13219216 07/19/19 11:50 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Westside.

roflmao

He said...."come back here. There's junk in the trunk"

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Fondest memories [Re: bill oxner] #13219247 07/19/19 12:23 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I have fond memories of everyone in the OT having a sense of humor.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Fondest memories [Re: elcoyote, esq.] #13219253 07/19/19 12:31 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
I have fond memories of everyone in the OT having a sense of humor.

I have a fond memory of when jokes didn't trigger everyone

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Fondest memories [Re: bill oxner] #13219259 07/19/19 12:37 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
U
summer of 1984.
17years old no girlfriend. 1977 Ford truck. good friends. decent job. no worries. no drama. no responsibilities. good times.

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Fondest memories [Re: SgtDag] #13219265 07/19/19 12:41 PM
B
bill oxner Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by DagBill
It’s a family forum so I can’t

They really got worked up about their first kiss.

[Linked Image]

The birds and the guides follow mr out
Re: Fondest memories [Re: bill oxner] #13219283 07/19/19 12:52 PM
N
Nickbyrd Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
N
Tried to break a horse so I could ride with this girl. Thought I had him all set up took him to the front of the pasture for the final test . Climbed up the gate and jumped on his bare back with just a rope halter . He did fine for about 10 seconds and bolted . I beat the chit out of that horse , bit his ears , had his head damn near facing mine trying to get him to turn or stop .he was barn sour ran all the way back to the stalls and stopped I slid off the horse crying running to my paw paw . And exclaimed that I didnt want to ride that damn horse anymore . He gave me the tightest hug he ever gave me and told me it would be okay and then commenced to kicking that horses arse.

Only road horses a few times more . Horses are aresholes ....

Re: Fondest memories [Re: bill oxner] #13219299 07/19/19 01:08 PM
Cast Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
You know, fond memories do not have to involve sex. My fondest memories came from my childhood when girls were gross.

Imagine fly fishing with dad in a picture book river, with a full stringer clipped on your belt. Imagine that you and dad have the river all to yourselves. I was 4 or 5. It will never be done again.

THAT is my fondest memory.

Sure there were beautiful girls. So what? They are not with me now. My dad and I fly fishing will be with me forever.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide