Print Thread
Little Hill Country Help #13205030 07/05/19 12:08 AM
D
dallee Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Fellows, I am headed down to the hill country for a week or so.

Looking for some help on where a fellow and his wife can find some good bank and wade fishing on hill country rivers. Would like to hit 4 or 5 while down there. Will have a lightweight spinner but mostly fly fishing.

Interested more in Rio's and sunfish.

If anyone wants to go out with us over the next week, give us a holler. Would love to meet some of you guys.

Any info is much appreciated.

Re: Little Hill Country Help [Re: dallee] #13205109 07/05/19 02:07 AM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Banker will be your best resource.

Re: Little Hill Country Help [Re: dallee] #13205233 07/05/19 11:37 AM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
When you say hill country that covers a lot of area! The Blanco River just outside the State Park in Blanco is holding some pretty nice Rios. Also the area inside the State Park below the second spill way holds some nice fish. I have also seen some nice Rios on the Llano River just west of Llano. Both the Blanco and Llano river have plenty of public bank space to fish. The Sabinal River and Hondo Creek have also been great places to fish this year. There are some public spots on those spots but also a lot of posted areas as well. Right now the Rios are still nesting and getting some of them to bite is next to impossible. Water bodies are in great shape with plenty of active fish. If you really want to venture out the Nueces River that runs in Uvalde County just outside Camp Wood is a great place to fish with some fantastic scenery. There are public crossings where you can fish and wade. Good luck and hope you find some fish. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Little Hill Country Help [Re: dallee] #13205396 07/05/19 02:36 PM
D
dallee Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Thank you Banker & JJ4MEL. We'll give those a shot. And yes I know the Hill Country is vast but we have many days to make our way around.

Thank you again.

Re: Little Hill Country Help [Re: banker-always fishing] #13205642 07/05/19 07:25 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
When you say hill country that covers a lot of area! The Blanco River just outside the State Park in Blanco is holding some pretty nice Rios. Also the area inside the State Park below the second spill way holds some nice fish. I have also seen some nice Rios on the Llano River just west of Llano. Both the Blanco and Llano river have plenty of public bank space to fish. The Sabinal River and Hondo Creek have also been great places to fish this year. There are some public spots on those spots but also a lot of posted areas as well. Right now the Rios are still nesting and getting some of them to bite is next to impossible. Water bodies are in great shape with plenty of active fish. If you really want to venture out the Nueces River that runs in Uvalde County just outside Camp Wood is a great place to fish with some fantastic scenery. There are public crossings where you can fish and wade. Good luck and hope you find some fish. thumb

Banker is the wealth of knowledge when it comes to the hill country. thumb

Re: Little Hill Country Help [Re: JJ4MEL] #13205726 07/05/19 08:39 PM
D
dallee Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Banker is the wealth of knowledge when it comes to the hill country. thumb

Yes sir, I couldn't agree more.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide