Print Thread
Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... #13202347 07/02/19 04:08 PM
A
Action_Jackson Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
A
Took a trip out for some much needed thump therapy an the slabs didnt disappoint! Started out using a small profile jig from Limits Tackle an the slabs couldnt resist it! I tried a lil something different an fished with a wedge head jig that darts through the water! The fish couldnt stand it an would knock the living ish outta the jig roflmao ! Even dinks hit hard like freight trains! I was hesitant at first because of using a smaller hook but found that the slabs were being hooked right in the hard part of their top lip an slung in the boat with ease! Im normally using a #4 or bigger hook but this may just be my go to for the summer slabs. Didnt take long to get a double limit of nice slabs for the ride home!

Bait: Limits Tackle 1.5 split tail in Cajun Cricket/White Chart
Jig head: Wedge Head 1/8, #6
Lake: Hell idk...I ate a sausage biscuit an passed out grin
Technique/ Presentation: Pitching the jig an they would know fire from it on the fall
Depths: 24 fow, 16-18 down...few came from the inches off the bottom

If you dont have any Limits Tackle in your jig box youre missing out! No, Im not on pro staff or anything...I just believe in using great products from great folks! Better getcha some cheers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Katchin krappie...doin surgeries(filleting)...and givin hott grease baths until krunchy and golden brown is what it's all about!!!

"STAY ready for the THUMP"!!!!
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13202383 07/02/19 04:32 PM
Buff2 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
congrats

Marty Thomas
LOP Crappie fishing guide
https://www.facebook.com/Lake-O-the-Pines-Crappie-Fishing-414011322706312/
lakeothepinescrappiefishing.com
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13202447 07/02/19 05:24 PM
S
serj5150 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Great report!!!! thumb

Checkout my Youtube channel for tips and techniques on
crappie and catfish
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsHpQ1vQP7HRC_sw0fXopQ?view_as=subscriber
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13202731 07/02/19 08:44 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Awesome post A.J.! food

Side Note: I need to add one of these!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: banker-always fishing] #13202741 07/02/19 08:52 PM
A
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Awesome post A.J.! food

[Linked Image]

Banker...that was the only thing missing!!! Gotta have a Modelo for the wash down cheers

Katchin krappie...doin surgeries(filleting)...and givin hott grease baths until krunchy and golden brown is what it's all about!!!

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13202753 07/02/19 08:57 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by Action_Jackson
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Awesome post A.J.! food

[Linked Image]

Banker...that was the only thing missing!!! Gotta have a Modelo for the wash down cheers

Yes Sir!
cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13202779 07/02/19 09:12 PM
C
Captain Yakker Offline
Angler
Angler
C
If you have a vegetable garden, dig a trench and empty those carcasses into it. Youll thank me later.

Nice job! Im going to look into some of those wedge heads.

Fishin' to stock Lake Crisco.
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13202895 07/02/19 10:42 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
WTG Action!!! foodLookin Good thumbWhy I didn`t get an invite ?IDK crying

Last edited by Fishbonz; 07/02/19 10:43 PM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13202951 07/02/19 11:36 PM
P
Pot licker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
food great report!

Texas Elite Angler 🎣
https://www.jiglyf.com
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13203000 07/03/19 12:25 AM
H
HOGON Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Great Post!!

ACC CRAPPIE STIX
BONEHEAD TACKLE
LEWS REELS
PEPOPS JIGS
FEARLESS JIGS
BUBBAS BAITS
MAD CRAPPIE JIGS
DANS JIGS
CRAZY ANGLER TACKLE
THERMOCLINE LURES
CONSTANT PURSUIT OUTFITTERS
MR CRAPPIE
POWER PRO SUPER SLICK BRAID
BERKLEY VANISH GOLD/TRANSITION
LIFT SAVER TROLLING MOTOR MOUNT
SHUT UP AND FISH
SLAB SYNDICATE JIGS
THUMPER ELITE OUTFITTERS
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13203214 07/03/19 03:55 AM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
I tell you what those 1/8 #6 wedge heads jigs are some bad to the bone hooks from Limits Tackle..... You're totally right they bite those crappie right in the roof of their mouths and they don't let go..... Super stout for a #6 hook and hold form well.....
Look like you had a great catchn trip and oooohhhhweeee do that plate look tasty.....
Cool pics too.....
Thanks for sharing your successful trip and you have some great advise on those Limits Tackle split tails..... Stay At'um.....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: SK.] #13203460 07/03/19 02:07 PM
A
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted by Captain Yakker
If you have a vegetable garden, dig a trench and empty those carcasses into it. You’ll thank me later.

Nice job! I’m going to look into some of those wedge heads.

Getcha a few of those wedge heads, you wont be disappointed wink

Originally Posted by Fishbonz

Bonzzz...we'll link up soon for some slab "action" thumb

Originally Posted by SK.
I tell you what those 1/8 #6 wedge heads jigs are some bad to the bone hooks from Limits Tackle..... You're totally right they bite those crappie right in the roof of their mouths and they don't let go..... Super stout for a #6 hook and hold form well.....
Look like you had a great catchn trip and oooohhhhweeee do that plate look tasty.....
Cool pics too.....
Thanks for sharing your successful trip and you have some great advise on those Limits Tackle split tails..... Stay At'um.....

Yea buddy ya better believe those are my go to's for the summer slabs! I was surprised they would hook and hold a crappie the way that they do. I've been trying different recipes other than frying all the time an I now have a new 2nd favorite, good ol blackening!!! thumb Split tails have great "action" goin down the water column!

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13203848 07/03/19 07:20 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
If you have a vegetable garden, dig a trench and empty those carcasses into it. You’ll thank me later.

Originally Posted by SK.
Cool pics too.....

Yea buddy ya better believe those are my go to's for the summer slabs! I was surprised they would hook and hold a crappie the way that they do. I've been trying different recipes other than frying all the time an I now have a new 2nd favorite, good ol blackening!!! thumb Split tails have great "action" goin down the water column!

Which seasoning did you use?

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: SK.] #13203863 07/03/19 07:30 PM
A
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted by SK.

Originally Posted by SK.
Cool pics too.....

Which seasoning did you use?

[Linked Image]

Re: Krappie Krankin with Limits Tackle... [Re: Action_Jackson] #13203903 07/03/19 08:34 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Thanks.....

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide