TXMulti-Species Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by SOCALCARPER
easiest and cheapest pack will be boiled deer corn and grind up

Mielie bom!

Catch and release. The dream - to catch one of every species of Freshwater fish in our great state! If only I can resist Carp...
https://txmultispecies.imgur.com/
[Linked Image]
Re: Packbait/Method Mix Thread [Re: TXMulti-Species] #12997393 12/17/18 01:23 PM
M
MiggyFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I haven't done much carp'ing since moving out here in August but back in NJ my favorite pack bait was a mix of panko bread crumbs, strawberry jello and sweet corn (if anyone watches Luke from Catfish and Carp YT channel you're familiar with this). Was responsible for my PB common in the spring which was a little over 20 lbs. Alternatively, if I don't have time to run to the supermarket, I've used chopped up bread with oatmeal, corn meal, and sweet corn.

[Linked Image]
Re: Packbait/Method Mix Thread [Re: MiggyFishing] #12998060 12/18/18 01:30 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Luke's packbait is really solid! He's caught a lot of good fish on it.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Catch and release. The dream - to catch one of every species of Freshwater fish in our great state! If only I can resist Carp...
[Linked Image]
Re: Packbait/Method Mix Thread [Re: TXMulti-Species] #12999879 12/19/18 09:12 PM
C
CoC Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Method mix can be as simple or complicated as you like. A good one for me is 2 cups of rabbit pellets, one tub of oats (48 oz), a can of cream style corn, a can of whole kernel corn (with juice), a can of crushed pineapple with juice and 4-6 ounces of molasses. For this one to mix properly first mix the crushed pineapple and whole kernel corn with the rabbit pellets so the pellets will absorb the liquid and become mushy.

A much simpler mix that works well (especially in winter) is to blend 2 ripe bananas with 12oz of drinking alcohol of one's choice, rice bran, soybeanmeal and molasses. when mixed properly this method will pack perfectly, but still breaks pretty quickly.

SirHerbertC
Re: Packbait/Method Mix Thread [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13186397 06/15/19 05:06 AM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Resurrecting this thread because I've got a new packbait to post! This one's a true blue American paylake-style packbait. Forever Rice! This is excellent in the warmer water which is fast approaching.

Forever Rice - Rice base with hot water, salt, and sugar. Your choice of flavoring.

[Linked Image]

This one is a bit more finicky than the others I've posted so I've got an exact recipe for you guys. You can multiply or divide this as you see fit.

28oz instant white rice
28oz water
1 cup sugar
1 cup salt

Get a large bowl and add sugar and salt then add in your water. Heat in the microwave until all the salt and sugar dissolve being careful not to boil the water. Once the water is good, pour it into the rice and add your flavoring at the same time. Mix well and put the lid on. Every 30 mins for the next 2 hours break apart the rice and stir it as it sets up to keep it fluffed up and from sticking together. This will last for weeks.

And here's the mix made up! Feels great, can't wait to hit the water. fish
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Packbait/Method Mix Thread [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13189082 06/18/19 12:50 PM
C
CoC Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
I'll definitely be giving that a try very soon Finley. Can't wait to see post of how well you do with it.

SirHerbertC
Re: Packbait/Method Mix Thread [Re: TXMulti-Species] #13209960 07/10/19 11:46 AM
C
CoC Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by TXMulti-Species
Resurrecting this thread because I've got a new packbait to post! This one's a true blue American paylake-style packbait. Forever Rice! This is excellent in the warmer water which is fast approaching.

Forever Rice - Rice base with hot water, salt, and sugar. Your choice of flavoring.

[Linked Image]

This one is a bit more finicky than the others I've posted so I've got an exact recipe for you guys. You can multiply or divide this as you see fit.

28oz instant white rice
28oz water
1 cup sugar
1 cup salt

Get a large bowl and add sugar and salt then add in your water. Heat in the microwave until all the salt and sugar dissolve being careful not to boil the water. Once the water is good, pour it into the rice and add your flavoring at the same time. Mix well and put the lid on. Every 30 mins for the next 2 hours break apart the rice and stir it as it sets up to keep it fluffed up and from sticking together. This will last for weeks.

And here's the mix made up! Feels great, can't wait to hit the water. fish
[Linked Image]

Is it pva friendly??

SirHerbertC
Re: Packbait/Method Mix Thread [Re: CoC Angler] #13210241 07/10/19 03:51 PM
T
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by CoC Angler
Is it pva friendly??

Not sure, I don't have any of the rice left after my most recent trip grin

[Linked Image]
Re: Packbait/Method Mix Thread [Re: MiggyFishing] #13210846 07/10/19 11:30 PM
T
TexasRoughFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by MiggyFishing
my favorite pack bait was a mix of panko bread crumbs, strawberry jello and sweet corn (if anyone watches Luke from Catfish and Carp YT channel you're familiar with this.

I use a modified version of Lukes mix. I use the original ingredients (panko, sweet corn and strawberry jello), with the addition of instant oats, vanilla extract, and honey. Ive nearly tripled my amount of takes since switching to this modified mix.
[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide