Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,941
Posts13,955,962
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? #13177986 06/06/19 04:16 PM
D
Dangorah Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
D
I just moved to the Carrollton area and am not far from the eastern side of Lewisville lake. Is anyone fishing there or is it too full? I'm looking for a place to put in and fish for a day.

[Linked Image]

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: Dangorah] #13178606 06/07/19 12:54 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan
Man I really dont know much about that side of the lake. You might have to just load up and go looking. The water is very high but I am sure you can get in some place if you look around.

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13178708 06/07/19 02:28 PM
D
Dangorah Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
D
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Man I really dont know much about that side of the lake. You might have to just load up and go looking. The water is very high but I am sure you can get in some place if you look around.

That's what I may do. Probably will do a bit of looking around today after work and then launch in the morning. Thanks anyway!

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: Dangorah] #13178794 06/07/19 03:51 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Many kayakers steer completely clear of that area because Pier 121 is there and all your huge speed boats come out of there. You may be fine probably this weekend due to water conditions and pleasure boaters wanting to avoid the lake possibly. I would consider seeking other launch points further North/Northwest.

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: JJ4MEL] #13179143 06/08/19 12:07 AM
C
christian myrick Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
Many kayakers steer completely clear of that area because Pier 121 is there and all your huge speed boats come out of there. You may be fine probably this weekend due to water conditions and pleasure boaters wanting to avoid the lake possibly. I would consider seeking other launch points further North/Northwest.

Completely agree. Not far out of your circled area is a ton of great fishing spots, cotton wood marina, crecent oaks boat ramp, the area where 380 crosses the lake between 423 and 720(although that can be a tough portage to the water. I fish lew all the time and stay north of toll bridge always. There are tons of wake board boats, jet skis, bass boats etc put there just to mess up your day.

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: Dangorah] #13179958 06/09/19 03:32 AM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan
Did you find a spot mate?

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: christian myrick] #13186729 06/15/19 07:26 PM
D
Dangorah Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
D

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Did you find a spot mate?

Not yet, I went driving and found a few points of interest but the parks where I wanted to launch wouldn't let me do a drive through without paying...

I'm going to look around a bit more based on the suggestions above.

Originally Posted by christian myrick

Completely agree. Not far out of your circled area is a ton of great fishing spots, cotton wood marina, crecent oaks boat ramp, the area where 380 crosses the lake between 423 and 720(although that can be a tough portage to the water. I fish lew all the time and stay north of toll bridge always. There are tons of wake board boats, jet skis, bass boats etc put there just to mess up your day.

Thank you! I'll look around these areas and try to find a place to launch. The wind speed is a bit high this weekend.

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: christian myrick] #13188360 06/17/19 05:14 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

I like to launch from shady shores then paddle North to the mouth of the East Fork. Great spot for whites, hybrids, cats and BIG spotted gar. However, I am not sure how to get to Shady Shores as the main road to get in is still underwater. I tried to go Saturday night to fish at the ramp and couldn't figure out how to get there. People live by there so their must be a way, but my WAZE app couldn't figure it out and neither could I.

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: JJ4MEL] #13188384 06/17/19 05:29 PM
C
christian myrick Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C

I like to launch from shady shores then paddle North to the mouth of the East Fork. Great spot for whites, hybrids, cats and BIG spotted gar. However, I am not sure how to get to Shady Shores as the main road to get in is still underwater. I tried to go Saturday night to fish at the ramp and couldn't figure out how to get there. People live by there so their must be a way, but my WAZE app couldn't figure it out and neither could I.

Just launch at crescent oaks boat ramp. Its directly across the lake.

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: christian myrick] #13188594 06/17/19 09:16 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Just launch at crescent oaks boat ramp. Its directly across the lake.

Any idea on the fee to launch?

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: Dangorah] #13188630 06/17/19 09:46 PM
C
christian myrick Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
$5 when the ramp isnt flooded. Free if you park outside the gate

Re: Places to Kayak fish on eastern side of Lewisville lake? [Re: christian myrick] #13188703 06/17/19 11:28 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
$5 when the ramp isnt flooded. Free if you park outside the gate

Perfect! Good to know. Save me $5 just to drive around anyway!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide