texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
TB6, Upcoming anglers yt, Bweidler, AlexCat5, mikeysue
115955 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 104,488
hopalong 100,060
Pilothawk 81,249
John175☮ 79,997
Bigbob_FTW 76,206
JDavis7873 67,408
Derek 🐝 67,017
Mark Perry 63,985
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,157,136
Posts15,823,737
Members140,955
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Summer dock / bank fishing? #13176598 06/05/19 07:48 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 735
S
SlabbedSilly Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
S
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 735
Going to be staying at a lake house with the family at Lake Fork in early July. Does anyone know if the crappie will bite on any of the lakes close by from the bank? Maybe Winnsboro barge? We'd even fish for some big bluegill or redear.

We'll be fishing with Jerry Hancock, Mark Standridge, and Lane Palmer....so we shouldn't get skunked....😁😁

We'll be fishing mainly with jigs ( 1/80th oz for the gills).

Happy EARLY Father's Day to all the dads out there....this little box will be raffled away to a dad soon (or hopefully gifted to one) .

[Linked Image]

Good fishing everyone!

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Summer dock / bank fishing? [Re: SlabbedSilly] #13176785 06/05/19 01:58 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 568
Buff2 Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 568
I don't know anything about bank fishing on Fork but those are mighty fine looking Jigs you made.
Good luck on your trip.


Marty Thomas
LOP Crappie fishing guide
https://www.facebook.com/Lake-O-the-Pines-Crappie-Fishing-414011322706312/
lakeothepinescrappiefishing.com
Re: Summer dock / bank fishing? [Re: SlabbedSilly] #13176799 06/05/19 02:09 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,814
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
J
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,814
where on lake are you staying..? The Minnow Bucket has a long fishing dock that has gills and maybe a crappie or two on the deep end,
Theres brush so its got plenty fish for having some fun. PM me with any questions..

Re: Summer dock / bank fishing? [Re: JIM SR.] #13177696 06/06/19 06:08 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 735
S
SlabbedSilly Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
S
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 735
Originally Posted by Buff2
I don't know anything about bank fishing on Fork but those are mighty fine looking Jigs you made.
Good luck on your trip.


Thank you for the compliment!! That box was for a raffle, but I'm bringing some too.

[Linked Image]


Originally Posted by JIM SR.
where on lake are you staying..? The Minnow Bucket has a long fishing dock that has gills and maybe a crappie or two on the deep end,
Theres brush so its got plenty fish for having some fun. PM me with any questions..


Thank you for the help. We'll be at Lake Fork Marina, but we'll make that short drive to Minnow Bucket for sure!

Last edited by SlabbedSilly; 06/06/19 06:09 AM.
Re: Summer dock / bank fishing? [Re: SlabbedSilly] #13177970 06/06/19 03:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
S
SlabCatcher Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
Looking good Chris. Be Forever Blessed!!! clap


Willard Jordan
Re: Summer dock / bank fishing? [Re: SlabbedSilly] #13177992 06/06/19 04:21 PM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 33
L
LowBudget Fishin Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
L
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 33
Are all 3 guiding on Fork? Or is it Jerry on Fork / Mark on Palestine or Tawok. / Lane on C.C ? Will be interested to see which one performs the best, my bet is on Mark but all 3 are excellent.
I have found Gills bedding on Fork all summer on the full moon in 4' of water usually around the edge of lily pads. When they are not bedding, usually can find them suspended in timber in 12' of water. Wished I was going with you, let us know how about your trip's.

Re: Summer dock / bank fishing? [Re: LowBudget Fishin] #13178175 06/06/19 09:32 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 735
S
SlabbedSilly Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
S
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 735
Originally Posted by LowBudget Fishin
Or is it Jerry on Fork / Mark on Palestine or Tawok. / Lane on C.C ? Will be interested to see which one performs the best, my bet is on Mark but all 3 are excellent.
I have found Gills bedding on Fork all summer on the full moon in 4' of water usually around the edge of lily pads. When they are not bedding, usually can find them suspended in timber in 12' of water. Wished I was going with you, let us know how about your trip's.


This is exactly right !
Jerry on Fork
Mark is going Palestine or Tawakoni (I told him wherever he wants)
Lane on CC

Thanks for the info on the gills

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2021 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3