Re: TRADINGHOUSE CRAPPIE [Re: Brent's Dad] #13167285 05/26/19 09:12 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Brent's Dad
I believe water temperature, amount of sunlight penetration, water level fluctuation has a lot to do with the spawn. I also believe if Crappie have small hard yellow eggs in them at this time, something went wrong with their spawning process and those eggs will not be laid in a natural spawning process. I am no expert just what I have observed over 60 years. Here is what TPWD has to say: https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_br_t3200_178.pdf

in giving consideration to what you said abt the eggs possibly not being laid, the fish were very skinny for the most part,why, I dont know,, lots and lots of white bass as competition for forage on this lake. so maybe that is whats going on, as more studies are done, more will be learned.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: TRADINGHOUSE CRAPPIE [Re: leanin post] #13169117 05/28/19 08:40 PM
S
sbakerac Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Your gonna eat good!

Re: TRADINGHOUSE CRAPPIE [Re: leanin post] #13169659 05/29/19 01:44 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by leanin post
Originally Posted by Brent's Dad
I believe water temperature, amount of sunlight penetration, water level fluctuation has a lot to do with the spawn. I also believe if Crappie have small hard yellow eggs in them at this time, something went wrong with their spawning process and those eggs will not be laid in a natural spawning process. I am no expert just what I have observed over 60 years. Here is what TPWD has to say: https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_br_t3200_178.pdf

I will say this respectfully. I believe a lot more of what fisherman who have had personal experiences have to say, especially over many decades... there simply havent been very many detailed, controlled studies done by TPWD. yes they do population studies, which are only effective on some lakes, deep lakes are very hard to measure . nets and shocking doesnt work in deep water. purse nets do, but they dont use them. Many myths have been repeated over and over thru the years.
most folks in thier ,50,60,70s recall when the main sources of information came from fishing magazines.
they were gospel when fishing information was concerned. Many notorious fisherman who were considered successful, wrote articles, and because they produced fish, almost everything they wrote, was considered true and correct.
As humans we tend to always come up with a reasonable answer to a question, even though we are not 100 percent sure of that answer to be fact.. we want to be respected for our knowledge.
also in many instances, those writing the information, actually believe, whole heartedly that what they are saying is 100 percent true and correct.
Personally after fishing the spawns for many years, I have found it to be a complete and total myth that water temp governs when and where crappie will spawn, or that water depth governs when and where they will spawn.. my spawn catch results are no longer hit and miss with more miss than hit as in years gone by, they are mostly hit now that I dont believe the myth anymore.

So Leanin Post, lets set a date in the fall and go catch some spawning crappie! I feel like writing a thesis on the subject, and we just need to put together some empirical data...seems like there is some different opinions from the state biologists, regardless of the official publication data...so lets go give them something to study!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide