Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The effect of Livescope #13162645 05/22/19 01:27 PM
S
Snowman Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
If you care to listen to Okla. guide Josh Jones you can hear him on Crappie Connection on YouTube. He’s a Livescope guru and he’s very concerned about conservation of the 2&3 pounders that are and will be harvested from the fishery.

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13162922 05/22/19 04:58 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
I watched one of his podcasts.. he sees the writing on the wall.
the expectations for guides will go WAY up, and the population of trophy fish will go WAY down .
From what im seeing with the capability of livescope, it is almost the same as shining rabbits or deer at night. if they have no where to run to, and you can basically chase them all over the lake, IDENTIFY THE LARGE ONES FROM THE SMALL ONES, then harrass them until they bite, the fish dont have much of a chance. Gamefish are supposed to be a sporting endeavor, not a sheep slaughter . at this point, I am quite conflicted,, part of me wants to get the new technology as it seems quite fun, but part of me doesnt , because the challenge of using instincts and all 5 senses to locate and catch crappie is part of the sport of the game.
when something becomes so easy, its not even fun anymore, is my concern. kind of like a video game you have mastered so well, your sick of playing it.. I never want to lose my passion for fishing..

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13162936 05/22/19 05:06 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Snowman
If you care to listen to Okla. guide Josh Jones you can hear him on Crappie Connection on YouTube. He’s a Livescope guru and he’s very concerned about conservation of the 2&3 pounders that are and will be harvested from the fishery.

one interesting thing he said is that sometimes when u pull up to a brushpile in sunny weather, the fish will swim under your boat to get in the shade. I always believed it was the sunlight along with oxygen levels that governed where fish rest during the daytime. the water temp is not cooling that fast, so it is the UV rays from the sunlight.. very interesting.
he actually backs the boat up real fast with the trolling motor, and catches a few fish sitting under his boat before they move.. many times ive pulled up on brushpiles showing a bunch of fish, or a bridge piling, then they just kind of disappear, I now wonder if that is what has been happening, they are swimming under the boat for the shade.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13163009 05/22/19 06:11 PM
ERNEST PATY Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
My opinion, nonsense, that's what they said when fish finders first came out. Just because you see the fish doesn't mean most anglers will be able to catch them. Today I couldn't get a bite in 3 hours in spite of seeing lots of crappie. Sure more fish will be caught but there's lots out there. I would like to see the limit lowered to 15.

Get yourself a livescope, you will enjoy it. Just throw some back to bite again.

Ernest Paty 214-202-7866
catchcrappie@aol.com

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13163049 05/22/19 06:35 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
I agree. Not going to make a difference. I bet he wasn't worried when he was getting his commission off selling those units LOL

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: ERNEST PATY] #13163073 05/22/19 07:07 PM
G
G3bassbarge Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY
My opinion, nonsense, that's what they said when fish finders first came out. Just because you see the fish doesn't mean most anglers will be able to catch them. Today I couldn't get a bite in 3 hours in spite of seeing lots of crappie. Sure more fish will be caught but there's lots out there. I would like to see the limit lowered to 15.

Get yourself a livescope, you will enjoy it. Just throw some back to bite again.

Couldn't be stated better.

I do believe in five years (or less) you will see a drop in the daily limit to at least 20, probably and hopefully 15

Last edited by G3bassbarge; 05/22/19 07:08 PM.
Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13163078 05/22/19 07:15 PM
K
kdub#1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
I follow him on facebook, also he non stop talks about how awesome Livescope it..

Last edited by kdub#1; 05/22/19 07:16 PM.

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13163102 05/22/19 07:36 PM
The Crappie Guy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I have LiveScope and I like it because it gives me yet another view of what crappie do and don't do. Yes, it also helps me catch crappie...but, I do not keep crappie...any crappie. Some fish are photographed, but all fish are released back to the water from which they came. Just my personal thing, but I don't need a livewell full of fish or a table full of fish hoping that someone might be impressed. And yes, I know guides do that every day, but it's their livelihood and I understand that and hold no bad feelings toward them. But under no circumstances do I believe that LiveScope will be singlehandedly responsible for the population of big crappie numbers declining. That will be the responsibility of true sportsmen.

Last edited by The Crappie Guy; 05/22/19 07:37 PM.

"The Crappie Guy"

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: G3bassbarge] #13163113 05/22/19 07:42 PM
L
Lazy Ike Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by G3bassbarge

Couldn't be stated better.

I do believe in five years (or less) you will see a drop in the daily limit to at least 20, probably and hopefully 15

I agree with G3 & Ernest throw some back, I believe there should be adjustment to limit {20} maybe also legal length. Just think of pop. increase in last few years. And lot of those 40%or more fish.. I personally have seen short fish kept. There is always yahoos thatdont care about legal, like folks that got busted.. Needs to be ways toease pressure a little. MY 2 CENTS

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: The Crappie Guy] #13163123 05/22/19 07:52 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by The Crappie Guy
I have LiveScope and I like it because it gives me yet another view of what crappie do and don't do. Yes, it also helps me catch crappie...but, I do not keep crappie...any crappie. Some fish are photographed, but all fish are released back to the water from which they came. Just my personal thing, but I don't need a livewell full of fish or a table full of fish hoping that someone might be impressed. And yes, I know guides do that every day, but it's their livelihood and I understand that and hold no bad feelings toward them. But under no circumstances do I believe that LiveScope will be singlehandedly responsible for the population of big crappie numbers declining. That will be the responsibility of true sportsmen.

My wife and I don't keep any, its the fun that we like...I think 25 keepers per person is too many. No, I don't have a LiVESCOPE.

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13163124 05/22/19 07:54 PM
Cameron Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
There are not many people that are going to master the mechanics to hunt with livescope. Most people are fishing like they always have, tie up to a spot and drop it down...see whats hanging out. Hunting is a whole different style that isn't really appealing outside of having a wall hanger or a tournament bag.

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: ERNEST PATY] #13163243 05/22/19 09:04 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L

15... 10 to 13 inch crappie isnt even a gallon bag of meat. not much for folks who can only fish occasionally.,

Last edited by leanin post; 05/22/19 09:10 PM.

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13163273 05/22/19 09:30 PM
J
Jerod Pontello Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I started releasing anything close to 2 lbs

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13163327 05/22/19 10:22 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
I have livescope. I’m not planning on getting rid of it.

Re: The effect of Livescope [Re: Snowman] #13163351 05/22/19 10:44 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

The same thing happened when the side image and down image 1st came out. Did it make the average angler better? Sure it did. Will Livescope make the average angler better? sure it will, it has improved my catch ratio overall already. Yes, there are days when I can't get the rascals to bite and knowing they are there can be frustrating. Nowing they are there and not biting and changing the size, color, etc. to get them to bite is pretty fun to see.

I was fishing a Bois D'ark and after catching a few fish I saw them leave the tree and go under my boat. I jogged 5' back and caught a few more fish and watched them swim back to the Bois D'ark.

Will Livescope put more fish in the boat? Certainly. Will Livescope allow you to target larger fish? Certainly. Will Livescope deplete the population of fish? I doubt it and I believe that each state monitors and manages its own ecosystem and makes necessary changes like limits, size, etc...to accommodate the balance.

I keep a one-man limit per year for a fish fry at deer camp. All other fish caught are released.

In conclusion...Livescope has "made fishing fun/er again" and has changed the way anglers fish for there specific species just like it did when SI and DI were introduced. The hype will all settle down at some point and Livescope will just be another Sonor tool we use in our favor to catch fish.

P.S. I have plenty of Livescope systems along with the echoMap and GPSMaps display to choose from in stock as well as the PoleDucer and room in the shop to put it all together for ya.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide