Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: TroyKing] #13141738 05/02/19 02:41 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TroyKing
Originally Posted by Hickory Nut
We got to the lake about 10 am Fri and decided to get a few for the Sat fish fry. went to some way points that paid off last year and they were there. We just started throwing fish in the live well. Quit about five pm and went to clean fish. We had either 47 or 48. Some really healthy fish.

[Linked Image]

Yall had an awesome day... Me and Cole estimated your best seven to have been 14+ pounds....Oh BTW tell Tbox the lid to his minnow bucket blew off and i picked it him for him. bolt

Minnow Bucket.....them thar fighting words boxing

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: THarris22] #13141748 05/02/19 02:59 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
A BIG THANKS to all that had part in putting this together
Crapicat donated some great ground beef that Mr. Roachie grilled into some mouth watering burgers on Friday night.
The fish fry was also AWESOME - homemade hushpuppies, coleslaw, red beans etc........
Let's not forget all the delicious cheesecakes that Troy's better half brought............I was able to bring another cherry cheesecake home this year, and the ice cream made by HickoryNut.

And to top the trip off, Crapicat cooked breakfast, actually Brunch, on Sunday

If you have never fished Murvaul, you owe it to yourself to put it on your bucket list. What this lake lacks in size, it makes up for trifold in quality fish!

Here's a few more pictures thumb

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to next year already, the Potlicker Crown will be up for grabs...........

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: tboxfish] #13141849 05/02/19 04:23 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
I know this may sound crazy, but I had fun visiting with all the guys that showed up...the CAT guys, the Non CAT guys, and we just had lots of fun...the Smallest stringer deal made it just fantastic. Honestly, I wish Ernest would have been here, he would have been very proud of this get together...I know I was, and just dont think I have ever felt more at home and welcomed than what this thing has offered over the last two years. Moreover, I just wish this kind of gettogether would also happen on Fork and Cedar Creek, just so more folks could enjoy the friendliness and hospitality and truly noncompetive fishing tourney that we enjoyed...Fun, Food, Fellowship was on full display.

Ole Tbox and Hickory Nut caught their biggest stringer and donated them for the fish fry, as did CrappieXpress and I, of course we left the smallest stringer intact and Tbox kept enough big fish hid out to take that trophy once again.

I just have to mention Slewfoot and Little man. I dont think I have ever met a man ETex transplant that can tell a story quite like Slewfoot, I guess I laughed so hard at his stories, till I cried at times. Little man, is a charger and I have no doubt tat one day he will be an outstanding fisherman!

Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: THarris22] #13141873 05/02/19 05:02 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
It was a great time. I have already invited myself again for next year.

Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: crapicat] #13142350 05/03/19 12:33 AM
O
old76angler Offline
Angler
Angler
O
thumb

Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: crapicat] #13142353 05/03/19 12:36 AM
O
old76angler Offline
Angler
Angler
O
The old folks enjoyed it too..

Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: THarris22] #13142403 05/03/19 01:32 AM
C
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Agree with all of the above. Im already looking forward to next year. Im just glad me and ole crapicat knew just where to put together a striger of 10-1/16 fish....... with the baits we won off of that pot Im betting we give TBox a real run for his money next year using his own jigs against him!!! See there was a method to the madness after all.

Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: CrappieXpress] #13142574 05/03/19 03:33 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Mrs. Troy insured my return trip for next year...that Cherry Cheesecake I drug home got a HUGE reception by Mrs. Crapicat! Heck, even my 18yo decided I CAN be nice on occasion!! roflmao

Im thinking ole Troy outdid himself, putting this deal together. He is SPOILED at home...its just NOT fair...even though he did clean the kitchen up afterwards, basically singlehanded...

All I really want to know is WHO set his boat adrift?

Last edited by crapicat; 05/03/19 03:34 AM.
Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: THarris22] #13142730 05/03/19 01:16 PM
B
bush hog Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
We'll have a knot tying class at the next get together. We'll let Troy teach it...not! ( I mean "knot")

To whom much is given, much is required.
Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: bush hog] #13142848 05/03/19 02:47 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by bush hog
We'll have a knot tying class at the next get together. We'll let Troy teach it...not! ( I mean "knot")

Honestly I think it was that "cowdog mutt" of bush hogs that untied my boat....that dog would just look at me and sneer all weekend...it was like he knew he was smarter than me or something.

Last edited by TroyKing; 05/03/19 02:53 PM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: TroyKing] #13142870 05/03/19 03:06 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Originally Posted by bush hog

Honestly I think it was that "cowdog mutt" of bush hogs that untied my boat....that dog would just look at me and sneer all weekend...it was like he knew he was smarter than me or something.

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: Ken Gaby] #13142930 05/03/19 04:08 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Ken Gaby.... I have an opportunity in your neck of the woods... I'll trade you five of Todds best way points on murvall for 10 of your best way point on Belton woot

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: crapicat] #13143128 05/03/19 07:28 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by crapicat

I just have to mention Slewfoot and Little man. I dont think I have ever met a man ETex transplant that can tell a story quite like Slewfoot, I guess I laughed so hard at his stories, till I cried at times. Little man, is a charger and I have no doubt tat one day he will be an outstanding fisherman!

Heck little man is better than most grown men at crappie fishing now!!! Well, when he's not napping, throwing a fit, or rummaging through the boat for snacks! We watch crappie masters TV and he keeps wondering why he's not on there!!! roflmao

Hopefully we're headed to Lavon in the morning if he doesn't get in trouble between now and then!!! I probably don't need to gas up until the morning that being the case!!! roflmao

Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: Slewfoot] #13143209 05/03/19 08:37 PM
C
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C

The funny thing is that most grown men spend a good amount of time rummaging around looking for snacks or throwing fits and would like to be taking naps as well...... maybe hes actually got it figured out early in life!!

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Originally Posted by crapicat

Heck little man is better than most grown men at crappie fishing now!!! Well, when he's not napping, throwing a fit, or rummaging through the boat for snacks! We watch crappie masters TV and he keeps wondering why he's not on there!!! roflmao

Hopefully we're headed to Lavon in the morning if he doesn't get in trouble between now and then!!! I probably don't need to gas up until the morning that being the case!!! roflmao

Re: Murvaul get together. [Re: TroyKing] #13143304 05/03/19 09:47 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Ken Gaby.... I have an opportunity in your neck of the woods... I'll trade you five of Todds best way points on murvall for 10 of your best way point on Belton woot

PM coming

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide