Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Spring time fishing on Richland Chambers Lake #13133199 04/24/19 07:43 PM
BOB HOLMES GS Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Good thing about spring on the lake is we are always catching fish, bad things about spring is we always have weather to battle!

In between fronts and thunderstorms we've been able to put together enough of a pattern for our customers to catch fish.
It's just not always the way you planned it.

A old friend of mine once said it's all about the conditions and he couldn't be more right.
The direction of the wind blowing is probably the single biggest factor.
Whichever way it is pushing the plankton and the bait is primarily where the fish are.

The change in wind directions and speed of the wind must be considered before you start out so you can determine which way you can safely run the lake and what's the wind going to be doing when it is time to come back in!

When I finish my career of guiding I want to be able to say I never got anyone hurt or drowned!

A good trip to me is catching a good box of fish and we all get back to the dock safely!
I have to cancel and reschedule trips every spring because of a weather situation and that's the way me and my closest friends will always run it.
So don't be to disappointed when we ask to reschedule we are just thinking of everyone's safety!

On the fishing I'm catching most of my good hybrids on sassy shads when they are schooling early.
Catching some really good sandbass with them as well!
I use a lot of spoons and slabs as well on both sandbass and hybrids.
Most fish are reasonably shallow early, from the bank to about 17ft.

Catching catfish is going great, I prefer to use fresh shad this time of the year and again it's the conditions that day that show me where to put my customers on these fish.
I'm running my shad tank some but as long as these fish are chasing bait I like the artificial lures!
If you want to go fishing with me give me a call!
Bob Holmes guide service longest running fishing guide on the lake and still the lake record striper holder!
214 728 3310
Bob@texasfishingguide.net
www.texasfishingguide.net

Re: Spring time fishing on Richland Chambers Lake [Re: BOB HOLMES GS] #13133360 04/24/19 09:50 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Nice report. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide