Print Thread
Flooring in Ranger #13125449 04/16/19 06:25 PM
W
wild bill Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
W
I have been looking at new aluminum ranger boats..The new stuff that is not Carpet is interesting. Wondering if it is slippery when wet. and is it hot in the summer time? will it wear like carpet. I am thinking about the white color Any one have experience with this stuff??
wild bill

Fishing and Dogs, how much fun can one old guy have !!!
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Flooring in Ranger [Re: wild bill] #13125453 04/16/19 06:30 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
It's called Sea Dek. It's great stuff. Normally you see it in wake/surf boats and some coastal boats, but now its starting to come over into bass boats. I had it in a Air Nautique and loved it. Cleaned real easy when it got dirty, and wasn't hot at all in the Summer. I honestly wish I had it in the floor board of my boat now instead of carpet. It drys 10x faster than carpet.

Re: Flooring in Ranger [Re: Sinkey] #13125505 04/16/19 07:40 PM
S
squib Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Sinkey
It's called Sea Dek. It's great stuff. Normally you see it in wake/surf boats and some coastal boats, but now its starting to come over into bass boats. I had it in a Air Nautique and loved it. Cleaned real easy when it got dirty, and wasn't hot at all in the Summer. I honestly wish I had it in the floor board of my boat now instead of carpet. It drys 10x faster than carpet.

Yep, over the next 10 years I bet you see carpet go by the wayside in bass boats. Sea Dek (or something like it) will be the new standard and is better in every way than carpet (IMO).

Re: Flooring in Ranger [Re: squib] #13125529 04/16/19 07:58 PM
F
Fish2222 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Originally Posted by squib

Yep, over the next 10 years I bet you see carpet go by the wayside in bass boats. Sea Dek (or something like it) will be the new standard and is better in every way than carpet (IMO).

This^^^^^^

"I only catch the ones that bite"
BassCat Sabre
Mercury EFI 175
Re: Flooring in Ranger [Re: Sinkey] #13125549 04/16/19 08:17 PM
fivebites Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

With the "new" padded front decks becoming a real comfort thing (especially for us "olds"), how is the seadek on the comfort of your feet after a full day standing on it?

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Re: Flooring in Ranger [Re: fivebites] #13125567 04/16/19 08:33 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by fivebites

With the "new" padded front decks becoming a real comfort thing (especially for us "olds"), how is the seadek on the comfort of your feet after a full day standing on it?

That's a good question. I had the Nautique for 2 years. But you don't stand in those boats like we do fishing. I know it was very comfortable walking bare foot on. Very soft and didn't seem to flatten out.

Re: Flooring in Ranger [Re: fivebites] #13125780 04/17/19 01:09 AM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by fivebites

Better than padded carpet to me.

Re: Flooring in Ranger [Re: wild bill] #13128654 04/20/19 02:41 AM
G
gap Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
I have a Z21 Intracoastal that I've installed custom fitted Sea Dek on in Summer of 2016. The Intracoastal has no carpet and the gel coat deck was hard for standing on all day. The Sea Dek is a significant improvement. It's soft, easy on the feet for hours, super quiet and never ever gets hot. It cleans up reasonably well, but is not as easy as the bare gelcoat. Dramatically better than carpet in just about every way. Being soft foam, it will get nicks and scrapes. I have a piece under the drivers console that I beat up pretty good with some rain boots driving in really rough water. I've got some hook hangs, reel trigger indentions but generally after 3 years and many days on the water it still looks incredible. The color has held fine, maybe a couple of stains I can't beat.

One cool feature is that it's made in sections. The manufacturer has a template of my boat and can produce any piece I want. The section under the console is about $100. The old peels off, hit it with some acetone and stick the new one down. Reminds me I need to order that piece.... [Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide